PDA

View Full Version : SHEILA RYAN HAS DIED

JRtherealJR
09-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Sad news- she was only 59.

From Everything Elvis:
Elvis' girlfriend Sheila Ryan passed away at the age of 59 after a battle with cancer. Kathy Westmoreland and Larry Geller confirmed the news. After Elvis and Linda Thompson broke up, he dated Sheila Ryan for a while in 1974. After that relationship, Sheila was married for a couple of years with Hollywood actor James Caan.

http://i50.tinypic.com/6ynqrl.jpg

KPM
09-19-2012, 07:44 AM
Thats just too young to die, sorry to hear this.

Trelane P
09-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Sad news. They made a great couple in 1974.

presley31
09-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Sorry to hear this too. RIP Sheila.

Snake Eyes
09-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Thats just too young to die, sorry to hear this.

I agree, RIP Sheila Ryan.

debtdbruno
09-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Cancer doesn't age discriminate unfortunately does it?..............

RIP Sheila......and thinking about Scott, her Son

King Of The Whole World
09-19-2012, 11:44 AM
So sorry to hear this. May she rest in peace.

mozzarella
09-19-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm so sorry... This is so random.. I liked her.. :blink:

Diane
09-19-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. She was too young.

vivaelvis
09-19-2012, 01:59 PM
A lot of people in the Elvis world have been taken because of this evil disease. Elvis even did a benefit for it. His beloved cook Pauline Nicholson died from it. A beautiful woman was Sheila. And she talked good about him when interviewed. She once cried because of talking about him on Entertainment Tonight. She loved Elvis but like all women, it was too hard to live in his world. He wasn't a one woman man as we all know. That's one of the faults to his downfall.

KPM
09-19-2012, 02:28 PM
A lot of people in the Elvis world have been taken because of this evil disease. Elvis even did a benefit for it. His beloved cook Pauline Nicholson died from it. A beautiful woman was Sheila. And she talked good about him when interviewed. She once cried because of talking about him on Entertainment Tonight. She loved Elvis but like all women, it was too hard to live in his world. He wasn't a one woman man as we all know. That's one of the faults to his downfall.
Now Viva you and I have the same opinion on this subject so we do have a few points in common.
Cancer is the most cruel horrid disease that haunts the world, it favors no gender, race, religion or income-it just hurts and kills without care.

Tommy
09-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Cancer is the most cruel horrid disease that haunts the world, it favors no gender, race, religion or income-it just hurts and kills without care.

I understand this very well, some of my family had this disease, hopefully one day the world can find a cure. (y)

Tommy
09-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Rest in Peace Sheila, God be with her family. (y)

RS277
09-19-2012, 08:41 PM
She was a besutiful lady. Rest In Peace

Brian
09-20-2012, 01:13 PM
I was shocked by this.

I didn't even know she had cancer.

RIP Sheila.

hounddog
09-20-2012, 04:01 PM
RIP Shelia

Donut
09-21-2012, 06:20 AM
I didn't know she was ill either. Sad news since she was still so young.
I wonder what will happen now with the book she wrote. I guess it will never be published like Lamar's one.

cibetty
09-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Very sad news, she was so young. R.I.P. Sheila.

Brian
09-21-2012, 01:50 PM
I didn't know she was ill either. Sad news since she was still so young.
I wonder what will happen now with the book she wrote. I guess it will never be published like Lamar's one.

Sheila Ryan finished her book in 2006 she shopped it around during that time but no publisher was willing to publish it

After a while Sheila gave up trying to get it published.

I thought that was very strange because even in these last couple of years friends of Elvis have still gotten books published about him.

I would have liked to have asked Sheila if publishers ever specifically told her why they didn't want to publish her book.

Donut
09-22-2012, 06:40 AM
Sheila Ryan finished her book in 2006 she shopped it around during that time but no publisher was willing to publish it

After a while Sheila gave up trying to get it published.

I thought that was very strange because even in these last couple of years friends of Elvis have still gotten books published about him.

I would have liked to have asked Sheila if publishers ever specifically told her why they didn't want to publish her book.

That's strange, because nowadays you don't need a publisher to sell your book. Amazon, for example, allows you to sell your book in their format. You only need to own the copyright to it. And since the book was already written she could have offered it to them.

LaurieT
09-22-2012, 10:26 AM
That's strange, because nowadays you don't need a publisher to sell your book. Amazon, for example, allows you to sell your book in their format. You only need to own the copyright to it. And since the book was already written she could have offered it to them.

I wonder what the cost is to the writer??
TY for letting us know this donut----so sad.