PDA

View Full Version : New Elvis 20 CD Collection

my boy
08-21-2012, 12:50 PM
It seems this set could be worth a purchase 末 Good Times, Now , Fool, Aloha From Hawaii, Raised On Rock & Today are new remastered versions according to various message boards.

Could be a savvy buy 末 and the album cover artwork is to die for!!

See See Rider
08-21-2012, 11:34 PM
get the complete masters better its worth the price!

my boy
08-23-2012, 12:45 PM
TCM ain't got these covers 末

Snake Eyes
08-23-2012, 01:58 PM
I picked this up yesterday, although I already own some of these albums, some I don't and I like the cover art too.

debtdbruno
08-23-2012, 02:07 PM
TCM is a lot more money too.............

my boy
08-23-2012, 02:25 PM
I picked this up yesterday, although I already own some of these albums, some I don't and I like the cover art too.
Yes it seems TODAY, ROR, NOW and GOOD TIMES are from the TCM, maybe ALOHA too, yet to play the rest. The artwork is great, all those covers...

Snake Eyes
08-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Yes it seems TODAY, ROR, NOW and GOOD TIMES are from the TCM, maybe ALOHA too, yet to play the rest. The artwork is great, all those covers...

I only opened it this morning and that was mainly to see the covers which are very very nice, I'm going to listen to aloha first I think, oh decisions decisions lol.

my boy
08-23-2012, 04:47 PM
I only opened it this morning and that was mainly to see the covers which are very very nice, I'm going to listen to aloha first I think, oh decisions decisions lol.
I listened to five albums including ALOHA –– the sound is super!

Snake Eyes
08-24-2012, 09:16 AM
I listened to five albums including ALOHA –– the sound is super!

Snap! I've listened to 5 albums today too, I haven't had time to listen to Aloha yet, but looking forward to it. There are songs that I haven't even heard yet, like Twenty Days & Twenty Nights, so it's all good for me (y)

my boy
08-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Snap! I've listened to 5 albums today too, I haven't had time to listen to Aloha yet, but looking forward to it. There are songs that I haven't even heard yet, like Twenty Days & Twenty Nights, so it's all good for me (y)
I listened to Aloha again and it does sound fabulous 末 the sound makes it more enjoyable, almost like you're there with him - so clear.

"Twenty Day and Twenty Nights" is a favourite of mine.

Just love the sound on ROR!!! And From Elvis Presley Blvd...

(y)

Snake Eyes
08-25-2012, 03:39 AM
I listened to Aloha again and it does sound fabulous –– the sound makes it more enjoyable, almost like you're there with him - so clear.

"Twenty Day and Twenty Nights" is a favourite of mine.

Just love the sound on ROR!!! And From Elvis Presley Blvd...

(y)

Have to agree there, it's such a good song. I'm currently playing Promised Land, had Honky Tonk Angel on repeat this morning driving to work lol. I am loving the sound quality too so I will listen to Aloha on my way back home tonight (y)

my boy
08-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Love 'Promised Land' 末

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJkWPPs49pM&feature=plcp

It's a great collection with great sound 末 what do you think of ALOHA?For me it's brilliant. Maybe we will get a similar remixed release like "Prince From Another Planet" but the mix, as is, is fantastic!!

Cheers,

(y)(y)

debtdbruno
08-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Have to agree there, it's such a good song. I'm currently playing Promised Land, had Honky Tonk Angel on repeat this morning driving to work lol. I am loving the sound quality too so I will listen to Aloha on my way back home tonight (y)

one of my fav tracks.....love it

Snake Eyes
08-26-2012, 03:37 AM
Love 'Promised Land' ––

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJkWPPs49pM&feature=plcp

It's a great collection with great sound –– what do you think of ALOHA?For me it's brilliant. Maybe we will get a similar remixed release like "Prince From Another Planet" but the mix, as is, is fantastic!!

Cheers,

(y)(y)

That vinyl looks luscious ;) I listened to Aloha on my way home from work yesterday, stayed in the car until My Way had finished and the sound blew me away, it is like you're there and like he's just singing it for you. So pleased I bought this regardless of the fact that I have album doubles lol. I think the Prince set will be fantastic, I just can't wait, it's taking forever.

dennyelvis
08-26-2012, 04:01 AM
So u guys think the sound compares well against anything else ?, that sounds promising ..........

just been checking out some of the other sets of this kind, the JAZZ set has this review .......

A very impressive boxed set,beautifully presented, each cd resembling a miniture VINYL LP of the original LP. all the tracks are there from the original LPs plus many extra tracks; sometimes these old recordings can sound as if they were recorded in a barn, but all of the 25 cds are superb

the COUNTRY set ...........

333 classic tracks beautifully sleeved and boxed and sold at a phenomenally low price. The records were originally issued on Columbia, RCA, and other major labels now owned by Sony. They come in miniature reproductions of their original LP jackets (you may need to get out a magnifying glass to read the original liner notes) with a booklet containing additional notes, track listings, and recording data, the sound quality is exceptional .........

I think anyone who dismisses these is missing out on a great set indeed ..........

Snake Eyes
08-26-2012, 05:10 AM
So u guys think the sound compares well against anything else ?, that sounds promising ..........

just been checking out some of the other sets of this kind, the JAZZ set has this review .......

A very impressive boxed set,beautifully presented, each cd resembling a miniture VINYL LP of the original LP. all the tracks are there from the original LPs plus many extra tracks; sometimes these old recordings can sound as if they were recorded in a barn, but all of the 25 cds are superb

the COUNTRY set ...........

333 classic tracks beautifully sleeved and boxed and sold at a phenomenally low price. The records were originally issued on Columbia, RCA, and other major labels now owned by Sony. They come in miniature reproductions of their original LP jackets (you may need to get out a magnifying glass to read the original liner notes) with a booklet containing additional notes, track listings, and recording data, the sound quality is exceptional .........

I think anyone who dismisses these is missing out on a great set indeed ..........

I don't have the Complete Masters, so I really can't make an informed comparision between this and similar sets. All I know is I like the sound. I've only listened to these in the car, but would really love to listen to these on my seperates, but until I replace my amp it's not happening. There is a difference in sound upon first listen, but it's really pleasing to my ear. I'm very happy with this set, even if I do have album doubles.

my boy
08-26-2012, 06:42 AM
(y)The vinyl is one hot wax!! Aloha really is superb - all the tunes sound great remastered - almost like a new concert.
(y)I'm really enjoying From Elvis Presley Blvd 末 never had the album before but as a Jungle Room Sessions fan it's a no-brainer! Again the sound is top...
(y)

Snake Eyes
08-26-2012, 11:12 AM
(y)The vinyl is one hot wax!! Aloha really is superb - all the tunes sound great remastered - almost like a new concert.
(y)I'm really enjoying From Elvis Presley Blvd –– never had the album before but as a Jungle Room Sessions fan it's a no-brainer! Again the sound is top...
(y)

I just finished listening to Aloha and it blows my original Aloha out of the water, it is superb! It is one of my fav concerts too so I'm extremely biased. I don't own Jungle Room Sessions yet, but I'm on it (y)

my boy
08-26-2012, 01:32 PM
(y)
I just finished listening to Aloha and it blows my original Aloha out of the water, it is superb! It is one of my fav concerts too so I'm extremely biased. I don't own Jungle Room Sessions yet, but I'm on it (y)
The 'Jungle Room' sessions vinyl is the one too have 末 brilliant! "It's Easy For You" is mind blowing!"Pledging My Love" gets two fantastic versions 末 "Blue Eyes Cryin In The Rain" also the list goes on. It's ten times better than From Elvis Presley BLVD the songs are stripped down sounding different...so can't go wrong with TJRS...
(y)(y)
Oh - and the Italian lyric mother****** version of "Moody Blue"

"Aloha" is awesome sounding on the 20 cd collection-- one my favourites too...we just need Blu-ray release for icing on the cake...

Snake Eyes
08-26-2012, 03:34 PM
(y)
The 'Jungle Room' sessions vinyl is the one too have –– brilliant! "It's Easy For You" is mind blowing!"Pledging My Love" gets two fantastic versions –– "Blue Eyes Cryin In The Rain" also the list goes on. It's ten times better than From Elvis Presley BLVD – the songs are stripped down sounding different...so can't go wrong with TJRS...
(y)(y)
Oh - and the Italian lyric mother****** version of "Moody Blue"

"Aloha" is awesome sounding on the 20 cd collection-- one my favourites too...we just need Blu-ray release for icing on the cake...

I'd eat that cake lol. How good does James Burtons guitar playing sound? It was like I'd never heard this show before. I listened to it again this afternoon and honestly, I can't fault it. It'll be a while before this comes out of the cd changer.

I don't own any Elvis vinyls, but I would love to. I can only imagine how good he sounds on wax, do you have a lot of vinyl then? JRS here I come.

my boy
08-26-2012, 04:13 PM
I started collecting the FTD vinyls, sometimes I miss a title because of cost but I've got most of them. I sold my vinyl collection about 7-8 years ago, only to start again because of the FTD vinyls...If you do jump onboard get the best turntable and set-up you can afford. I haven't regretted it one bit. The FTD CDs are fantastic but the vinyl versions are something else...

As for Aloha, yes that ALOHA Blu-ray cake would taste good!!

'See See Rider' and 'Burning Love' sound so much better - "Steamroller" too. And what about the rocking Johnny. B - all the tracks sound great. TCM was out of my reach so glad I got this set.

Cheers,

(y)