PDA

View Full Version : Interesting new book out today

vivaelvis
08-16-2012, 01:34 PM
A book called "Who Killed Elvis" is out and it looks and sounds interesting. Even quotes the 20/20 piece that I posted about recently. Some stuff in there that may open some eyes. Even Elvis' own co-star Suzanna Leigh backs it. Here's a clip on the book from the author himself who says he's got 45 legitimate sources and that all of his facts are presentable.

http://wreg.com/2012/08/16/who-murdered-elvis-stephen-ubaney/

KPM
08-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Please, IMO this is so "tabloid"
How many theorys to sell books do we need? How many money making opportunities that put hard earned fan dollars in some ones pocket do we have to endure.
Elvis is Alive-had "legitimate facts and sources also" (that were explored in books, videos and specials;)...... the many many off the wall, highly improbable scenarios that have been turned into books is countless and end up selling books.....which is the prime reason for someone coming up with them.
To quote Suzanne Leigh as a real proven source of knowledge for this-takes the cake.
Bill Bixby was a 2 time co-star with Elvis-and he hosted the specials about Elvis perhaps being alive-his conclusion at the end of the specials was that Elvis did in fact die of a heart attack 8-16-77 so since he was in 2 films with Elvis-that trumps Suzanne Leigh......or how about the literally hundreds of co-stars who filmed with Elvis -do we poll them to find out the truth by majority rule?;)
Recall the shrink who said he was treating Elvis not long ago-recall he said Elvis would come out of hiding the next year to explain all?
Never happened did it?
You are correct some stuff may open some eyes.........................in wide eyed disbelief!
[B]Another project to make a buck that some will buy as fact.[/B
LIstened to the interview-all been explored before in differing forms FBI files tell much of this-the speculative part of all this-is just that "Speculative" with a set of questions and odd occurances which are then formed into a "theory" that is molded into a premise.
Sorry nothing new here-people can have opinions but that does not make them authorities or their opinions fact.
But everyone who feels the need....... buy the book and read it.

KPM
08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
I would like to suggest a book to anyone interested in it-its called "Elvis Decoded" by Patrick Lacy-over 10 years of worldwide maticulous research that is ongoing. It more or less takes every question, theory, and premise about Elvis and his death and separates the myth and misinformation from the truth.
This book has completely knocked down many other books by getting real answers to assumptions, speculative allegations, misinformation and myths. All his research is documented with impeccable sources, person, government records, contacts, first hand interviews etc......
Since the books publication he continually updates his website with answers to new questions or rumors- that trouble some-but end up having very logical and simple answers to speculative questions.
Excellent source for logic and reason based upon quality research.

debtdbruno
08-16-2012, 11:51 PM
yep, it's a good book that Ken

rocknroll
08-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Breakfast killed Elvis.

Diane
08-18-2012, 08:40 AM
So many factors led to Elvis' early death. Health, diet, drugs, emotional and physical pressures and none of it was addressed in a proper way.

King Of The Whole World
08-19-2012, 06:20 PM
They threw this lady out this week for passing out brochures on this. We all were giving her some you know what.

vivaelvis
08-19-2012, 08:58 PM
They threw this lady out this week for passing out brochures on this. We all were giving her some you know what.

Sounds like someone (EPE) didn't want the truth to be told.:hmm:

readyseve
08-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Spare me please! 20/20 and Suzanna Leigh as verification of this piece of fabricated waffle. I suppose we'll also be told he was killed by a lone gunman on a grassy knoll.....who made his getaway on Shergar!!:angry:

vivaelvis
08-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Spare me please! 20/20 and Suzanna Leigh as verification of this piece of fabricated waffle. I suppose we'll also be told he was killed by a lone gunman on a grassy knoll.....who made his getaway on Shergar!!:angry:

You can be killed without physical harm. There are many forms of murder. Homicide and involuntary manslaughter are just a couple.

Truth be told, a lot of Elvis fans live in the dark when it comes to the truth.

readyseve
08-19-2012, 10:00 PM
To suggest I am in the dark is as insane as this theory.....if you read extensively, listen to the accounts of those who knew him then make an informed opinion about what happened how can you be "in the dark" as you erroneously suggest I am.

King Of The Whole World
08-19-2012, 10:25 PM

They didn't even know about it until people told the security there. It was just a disgrace for her to be there at the time.

elvia7
08-20-2012, 12:39 AM
So many factors led to Elvis' early death. Health, diet, drugs, emotional and physical pressures and none of it was addressed in a proper way.

AGREE!

You're right Dee, also I think that life was too ciążkie ELVIS.
"No human being would not be able to endure being ELVIS PRESLEY" John Lennon.
It speaks for itself!

Jumpsuit Junkie
08-20-2012, 12:47 AM
All smoke and mirrors, none of that BS even adds up, circumstantial, tenuous, threadbare and in poor taste.

readyseve
08-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Amen Matt. surely alarm bells must ring for even the most gullible fan..35th anniversary , new "revealing" book...much better off to give the money to a worthy charity if anyone is contemplating buying this "fairy tale"

vivaelvis
08-20-2012, 09:38 AM
My point is that so many fans are acceptable with the so called "truth" that they will believe whatever the Mafia or Dr Nick or whoever, says. But won't listen to the actual people who attended Elvis' autopsy that have said that something wasn't right as was pointed out on that 20/20 piece way back in 1979. Vasco Smith went to his grave claiming that a heart attack did not kill Elvis Presley. He's the man who signed the death certificate for both Elvis and Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

I used to buy that Elvis faked his death. I now know that he did not and is indeed gone from this world. But what I have never believed, knowing that Nick was found guilty for improper practice on other patients, is that Elvis died of heart disease when his heart showed no signs of it.

King Of The Whole World
08-20-2012, 10:41 AM
My point is that so many fans are acceptable with the so called "truth" that they will believe whatever the Mafia or Dr Nick or whoever, says. But won't listen to the actual people who attended Elvis' autopsy that have said that something wasn't right as was pointed out on that 20/20 piece way back in 1979. Vasco Smith went to his grave claiming that a heart attack did not kill Elvis Presley. He's the man who signed the death certificate for both Elvis and Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

I used to buy that Elvis faked his death. I now know that he did not and is indeed gone from this world. But what I have never believed, knowing that Nick was found guilty for improper practice on other patients, is that Elvis died of heart disease when his heart showed no signs of it.

Elvis had hypertension and an enlarged heart. Of course we all knew he had a large heart.

debtdbruno
08-20-2012, 10:58 AM

She tried to pass us a leaflet as we were on EP Boulevard the night of the Vigil:angry::angry:

vivaelvis
08-20-2012, 11:06 AM
She tried to pass us a leaflet as we were on EP Boulevard the night of the Vigil:angry::angry:

I will agree that her timing was bad, with it being the anniversary of his death, no matter how he died. But, that being said, I think it's naive of some to think it's nothing but lies when they have accurate sources to back it up. The biggest issue I have is why the Memphis police department NEVER once considered doing an investigation on Nick or the death itself. It's as if they either didn't care that he had died or were in on a conspiracy, a la Dr King's death.

King Of The Whole World
08-20-2012, 11:23 AM
I will agree that her timing was bad, with it being the anniversary of his death, no matter how he died. But, that being said, I think it's naive of some to think it's nothing but lies when they have accurate sources to back it up. The biggest issue I have is why the Memphis police department NEVER once considered doing an investigation on Nick or the death itself. It's as if they either didn't care that he had died or were in on a conspiracy, a la Dr King's death.

Elvis was always hanging out with the guys on the police department, giving them gifts and his friendship. I believe if they thought he was murdered they would have done something.

vivaelvis
08-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Elvis was always hanging out with the guys on the police department, giving them gifts and his friendship. I believe if they thought he was murdered they would have done something.

That doesn't mean anything. Of course they hung with him, for free gifts and popularity. After all, there was not another more famous human of his time or any time than Elvis Presley. Hanging out and being "friends" with Elvis didn't stop Red, Sonny and others from stabbing him in the back either.

poor boy
08-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Oh please give me a break . Anybody who buys or reads this rubbish really has too much time on their hands and needs to get a life or at the very least a brain .

vivaelvis
08-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Oh please give me a break . Anybody who buys or reads this rubbish really has too much time on their hands and needs to get a life or at the very least a brain .

The same can be said about the book Revelations Of The Memphis Mafia or Elvis What Happened.

rocknroll
08-20-2012, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=vivaelvis;413900]I used to buy that Elvis faked his death. [QUOTE]

All I needed to hear. That explains a lot.

vivaelvis
08-20-2012, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=vivaelvis;413900]I used to buy that Elvis faked his death. [QUOTE]

All I needed to hear. That explains a lot.

What does it explain? That I was naive like most? Because back in 1988, when the song Spelling On The Stone came out and that woman had the fake audio tape that sounded like Elvis talking, half of America believed it was him. :lol:

KPM
08-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Or perhaps they felt it was not the place to try and drum up business for a book that is nothing but pure speculation and surmising based upon and they do not want "anyone" trying to hawk items on the grounds-most businesses are like that.
Unauthorized solicitation is prohibited everywhere.
Since the premise of this book is so speculative it should be taken with a a whole salt shaker of salt-not just a grain. Its nothing new its a collection of odd occurances that are bound together to form a theory and sell a book.

KPM
08-20-2012, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=rocknroll;413922][QUOTE=vivaelvis;413900]I used to buy that Elvis faked his death.

What does it explain? That I was naive like most? Because back in 1988, when the song Spelling On The Stone came out and that woman had the fake audio tape that sounded like Elvis talking, half of America believed it was him. :lol:
I didn't sound like him, it was a theory that had more holes than Swiss Cheese.

readyseve
08-20-2012, 05:06 PM
You tell em Galway Boy...up you boyo!!(y) Note Galway colours for you!!(y)

Jumpsuit Junkie
08-25-2012, 04:16 AM

People are misquoted, misrepresented and taken out of context, if it was truly believed that Elvis was killed, there would have been an investigation period! There are multiple quotes from any famous autopsy all of which can be taken with a pinch of salt. The famous will always have suspicion surrounding their death even if it is clear their health was very poor on the run up to their death.

Coroners are human beings and are not above wanting to court publicity and say things that will muddy the waters to get attention. Vasco Smith could be correct and a heart attack might not have been the overall cause, but the alternative would almost certainly be polypharmacy which at the time wasn't the preferred cause for obvious reasons...

The biggest issue I have is why the Memphis police department NEVER once considered doing an investigation on Nick or the death itself. It's as if they either didn't care that he had died or were in on a conspiracy, a la Dr King's death.

It would be obvious to the Memphis police that Elvis was a prescribed drug user, they would have seen as the rest of the world did a sad decline in health and personality. Whilst I don't condone assumption on the polices part, they would almost certainly have listened to the coroner's report which exclaimed that Elvis died of heart attack! So why would they feel the need to investigate natural causes? Dr Nick was later investigated when they saw what he had prescribed for Elvis and was struck off. There is no smoking gun here, it is obvious even to a blind man that Elvis' self destructive behaviour were a major contributing factor to his death.

That doesn't mean anything. Of course they hung with him, for free gifts and popularity. After all, there was not another more famous human of his time or any time than Elvis Presley. Hanging out and being "friends" with Elvis didn't stop Red, Sonny and others from stabbing him in the back either.

When I read your posts, I get the feeling that Elvis is ALWAYS the innocent party and everyone else without exception is out to get Elvis. The Red & Sonny thing has been discussed at length ad infinitum, these guys whilst initially breaking Elvis' trust were to all intense and purposes reacting to a situation Elvis himself pushed them too. Steve Dunleavy did a hatchet job on that book as we all know. Red & Sonny are for the most part great guys.

Elvis was a great guy, great performer and all round people person, he was weak when it came to prescribed meds and this lead to the breakup of many relationships in his life and ultimately it took his life. Lets not blame everyone else. Its a simple case of cause and effect.

poor boy
08-26-2012, 05:02 PM
You tell em Galway Boy...up you boyo!!(y) Note Galway colours for you!!(y)

Thanks for the colours and the thought :D ,

KPM
08-26-2012, 06:59 PM
I can not believe "anyone would believe" that one of the most publicised and press covered deaths in the world-that had the interest of everyone from Jimmy Carter to people in China-could somehow have been a murder that "no one of any consequence really made the case-so lock tight convincing" .......that the Feds, State or local police did not go into overdrive to investigate.
The Memphis police had a respect and love for Elvis-if they had any inkling, any real evidence of murder-they would have attacked the case with the grip of a bulldog and never let up-this is fantasy that is supposition, upon circumstance, upon heresay and rumor.

KPM
08-26-2012, 07:07 PM
People are misquoted, misrepresented and taken out of context, if it was truly believed that Elvis was killed, there would have been an investigation period! There are multiple quotes from any famous autopsy all of which can be taken with a pinch of salt. The famous will always have suspicion surrounding their death even if it is clear their health was very poor on the run up to their death.

Coroners are human beings and are not above wanting to court publicity and say things that will muddy the waters to get attention. Vasco Smith could be correct and a heart attack might not have been the overall cause, but the alternative would almost certainly be polypharmacy which at the time wasn't the preferred cause for obvious reasons...

It would be obvious to the Memphis police that Elvis was a prescribed drug user, they would have seen as the rest of the world did a sad decline in health and personality. Whilst I don't condone assumption on the polices part, they would almost certainly have listened to the coroner's report which exclaimed that Elvis died of heart attack! So why would they feel the need to investigate natural causes? Dr Nick was later investigated when they saw what he had prescribed for Elvis and was struck off. There is no smoking gun here, it is obvious even to a blind man that Elvis' self destructive behaviour were a major contributing factor to his death.

When I read your posts, I get the feeling that Elvis is ALWAYS the innocent party and everyone else without exception is out to get Elvis. The Red & Sonny thing has been discussed at length ad infinitum, these guys whilst initially breaking Elvis' trust were to all intense and purposes reacting to a situation Elvis himself pushed them too. Steve Dunleavy did a hatchet job on that book as we all know. Red & Sonny are for the most part great guys.

Elvis was a great guy, great performer and all round people person, he was weak when it came to prescribed meds and this lead to the breakup of many relationships in his life and ultimately it took his life. Lets not blame everyone else. Its a simple case of cause and effect.
I agree with 99% of your post(y)
Even thought I do not believe Elvis died of the meds that night-it is absolutely certain they contributed to his health decline that led to his premature death. (As was showed in the review of all autopsy reports and lab work in 1994)
Had he got help in the 50s for his horrible sleep disorder-instead of just going straight to sleeping pills, then uppers to help get him awake...the cycle of "a pill for every ill" might not have ever started.
But now the claims of murder, suicide, faked death, witness protection plans etc........are just ridiculous...with one motive, one purpose and we all know what that purpose is.