PDA

View Full Version : TTWII Blue Suit

pacer
01-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Does anyone know just how much footage is ther with elvis walking down the hallway ??

pacer

Lonniebealestreet
01-04-2005, 05:38 PM
There's more when you play that segment from TTWII SE in slow motion! ;)

No, I couldn't say, Pacer. I don't want to think too much about what all we didn't get on that release. :angry:

pacer
01-05-2005, 03:02 AM
Hi there

Ok i have to say this ,i was very fortunate to sit and watch over 4 mins of that walking scene man this is awesome elvis is seen walking through a staff restraunt and meeting two fans ,i have also seen stranger in the crowd live in the red ladder suit mind blowing as well as more footage of elvis eating crisps or chips ) as well as hamburgers,also lots of outakes of elvis and joe riding the bike with elvis stopping and saying he has to go again then crashes into teh camera ... incredible...

if you have any questions on what you think is there ask me i have seen over 20 hours of footage and soon i will be looking at over 50 hours of ontour when i travel to europe soon..

Pacer

Captain Elwood David
01-05-2005, 04:59 AM
Can't answer your question with specifics, but .....

You can rest assured that there is lot more "unseen" & missing material associated with TTWII.

After the release of the the DELUXE Aloha / '68 Comeback DVD's, no hardcore fan will ever be satisfied with anything less than ALL of the material with future releases (particularly EOT / TTWII / & the ever contentious EIC (although it is unlikely with EIC)).

I loved TTWII SE when it was first released. In retrospect, however, ...... I'm not pleased with the chop-chop editing between different stage-suits, promised but not delivered footage, & performances missing from the original version. With 20/20 hindsight & it now being a post-Deluxe DVD era, .................... I think TTWII SE ........... sucks. Better than nothing, for sure, but ...... not a truly satisfying release.

It wouldn't surprise me if more footage in "blue" exists; how much of it is truly usable or substantive is another matter.

- Capt. "EL."

pacer
01-05-2005, 06:34 AM
hello Capt.

All the footage i seen was very usable, i mean you have elvis leaving his dressing room then walking down a hallway that we have all seen then he goes past a windo were a lot a staff are sitting having dinner he is waving at them ,then goes to were 2 fans are waiting and signs for them ,then off too an elevator were he splashes lamar with water all over his back from the bottle he is drinking from .... man awesome ..

pacer

Captain Elwood David
01-05-2005, 06:44 AM
Agreed, sounds great & rings true. All the more shameful for not giving it to us with the "Special Edition" release in the first place.

With the success of recent deluxe releases, let's hope the message is eventually received and ALL of this stuff sees the light of day "Officially."

I think it will.

- Capt. "EL."

snowbird
01-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi Pacer,
man what you are talking about is nothing less than NEVERLAND, i can hardly believe that you've been able to see 20 hours of TTWII and that you are going to see 50 hours of ON TOUR, that doesn' mean that i don't believe you, but sincerly it is just too good to be true.
Greetings
SNOWBIRD

pacer
01-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Hello Snowbird

If someone said to me that i was i wouldnt have belived them for sure but my god this is so true ,i have seen that footage obviously i cant say where or who but they spent a bit of money to get it out ,this is TRUE!!!!!..

ask me any questions you might have regarding what you think is there on film

cheers
tcb
pacer

Captain Elwood David
01-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Generally speaking:

I think it's great that much of this "unseen" stuff is in the hands of "private" collectors, but .....

this kind of stuff will eventually be released for all via official channels.

When that happens, I can't say that I would feel "good" about having spent a nice sum of money to "own" such footage as a private collector. Such footage as being discussed here in this thread, is not really truly "owned" by private collectors. More accurately, they "own" a c-o-p-y .... & are paying for the privilege to view before most others are able to.

Short term satisfaction ...? Yes, definitely.

However, .............. it is transient reward / benifits, in my opinion.

-----------------------------------

Additional related general thoughts:

I've also noticed a pattern whereby certain "collectors" (ie: business-minded individuals) will release such "unseen" / "unheard" material in a rush shortly before it is released "Officially" ...... in one final desperate attempt to cash-in (be it the first time or not) & recoup some of that lost money.

----------------------------------

At any rate, .... it is not my intention to take your thread off on a tangent.

- Capt. "EL."