PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Artists for the “If I Can Dream” Elvis Art Contest and Exhibit

Elvis.com
05-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Graceland and the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art are excited to announce the “If I Can Dream” Elvis Art Contest and Exhibit. Artists are invited to create an original piece of artwork based on their response to the lyrics “If I Can Dream” for a chance to have it selected...

More... (http://www.elvis.com/news/detail.aspx?id=6316)

Tommy
05-11-2012, 04:18 PM
I looked into the further and it states:

The Brooks is partnering with Graceland to host an international art contest in honor of the 35th anniversary of Elvis Presley’s death. We are accepting original artworks in all media created in response to the quote, “If I Can Dream.” A professional panel of judges will select artwork for an exhibition in the museum from July 21, 2012 to September 16, 2012. From the selections, the judges will award a first, second, and third place prize in three divisions: professional, non-professional, and youth. The remaining submissions will be exhibition via PowerPoint in the gallery. Visitors of the exhibition will have the opportunity to vote for “Fans Favorite” through the end of Elvis Week (August 19, 2012).

"If I Can Dream” is an inspirational song that marked the rebirth of Elvis’ career after spending most of the 1960s recording soundtracks to his major films. Elvis sang the tune in a heart-felt performance during the final episode of his 1968 NBC comeback special, Elvis. The song was written by the show's musical director W. Earl Brown in response to the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a tragedy that took place in Memphis, Tennessee a few months prior. It describes a world full of hope and free of doubt, pain, and fear. After hearing the song for the first time Elvis said, “I’m never going to sing another song I don’t believe in. I’m never going to make another picture I don’t believe in.”
We are accepting original artworks in all media created in response to the quote, “If I Can Dream.” We want to see what you believe in! “…while I can think, while I can talk, while I can stand, while I can walk, while I can dream, please let my dream come true…” –lyrics from “If I Can Dream”

Our own elvia7 is the best in the world. (y) Regardless if she enters or not. :notworthy

http://www.tcb-world.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=53057&d=1322739339 (http://www.tcb-world.com/album.php?albumid=1128&attachmentid=53001)

For more information and entry form visit here: http://www.brooksmuseum.org/ificandream

Submission deadline: June 16, 2012
Winners announced: June 25, 2012
Exhibition dates: July 21, 2012-September 16, 2012
Voting for “Fan’s Favorite” ends: August 19, 2012

King Of The Whole World
05-11-2012, 04:59 PM
I agree, Eva is THE BEST by far. (y) :notworthy I really hope she will enter this contest.

elvia7
05-12-2012, 12:59 AM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH MY DEAR FRIENDS!!!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy
Thank you very much for your support and recognition of my ability.
I'll send my work.
"" If I Can Dream "Elvis Art Contest and Exhibit" ;)

Tommy
05-12-2012, 01:15 AM
I'll send my work.

:clap:.............:clap:..............:clap:..... .............:clap:

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (y) Good luck EVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (y)

On behalf of TCB-World, we thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (y) (y)

King Of The Whole World
05-12-2012, 11:30 AM
I'll send my work.

I'm so glad you are sending in your work. You do a wonderful job!!!! (y)

Sonny
05-12-2012, 11:37 AM
It's good you will send in your work Evi!

Then the outcome will exactly show all of us if they are simply crazy and can not see how very good you are in your artwork, or... it will show us all what we already know! You are simply creating wonderful paintings/drawings!

Good luck!

elvia7
05-13-2012, 04:42 AM
Thank you my FRIEND for your support and believe in me . lol
THANK YOU!!!:notworthy