PDA

View Full Version : My Elvis purchases so far this week

Snake Eyes
05-01-2012, 01:05 PM
The title says it all really, but so far this week I've bought......

Such a night in Pearl Harbour, in a gorgeous black display box, I haven't opened it yet (from HMV)
Burning Love, I've already christened and playing in the car (from HMV)
Complete on Tour Sessions (eBay) hopefully will get this tomorrow
Elvis what happened? (eBay) arrived this morning and currently reading, not too shabby considering it's age.

I'm watching a few items on EBay, so fingers crossed I get lucky. Has anyone else bought anything or has their eyes on certain stuff :P

hounddog
05-01-2012, 05:11 PM
I've bought about 100 or so books form ebay in the last 3 years. Most of my Tunzi books are ebay purchases

King Of The Whole World
05-01-2012, 07:47 PM
I just bought the CD I am an Elvis fan or whatever it is. I did the picture that is to be placed on the album cover too. I purchased Lisa's new CD, the one that is "suppose" to be autographed. The reason I say that is I have seen many shows that talk about assistants are the one's that sign things sometimes.

I bought the 1960 Hawaii benefit show, getting that in a few days.

I guess I'm the sucker Elvis fan sometimes. I just hope the new CD is not basically the 30 #1 hits.

Snake Eyes
05-02-2012, 09:34 AM
I just bought the CD I am an Elvis fan or whatever it is. I did the picture that is to be placed on the album cover too. I purchased Lisa's new CD, the one that is "suppose" to be autographed. The reason I say that is I have seen many shows that talk about assistants are the one's that sign things sometimes.

I guess I'm the sucker Elvis fan sometimes. I just hope the new CD is not basically the 30 #1 hits.

You and me both :D

I just bought Elvis Live in Las Vegas (the 4cd boxset) which was a steal, I honestly could buy stuff all day long, I haven't heard any LMP stuff but that's because I don't really care for girlie rock and that's not an insult to her or her fans, just my preferance. Congrats on the album cover too, you must be thrilled.

Hounddog what's your favourite book? I've seen some on the aussie Elvis site that I like the look of, some of them are very expensive :blink:

King Of The Whole World
05-02-2012, 10:32 AM
You and me both :D

I just bought Elvis Live in Las Vegas (the 4cd boxset) which was a steal, I honestly could buy stuff all day long, I haven't heard any LMP stuff but that's because I don't really care for girlie rock and that's not an insult to her or her fans, just my preferance. Congrats on the album cover too, you must be thrilled.

Hounddog what's your favourite book? I've seen some on the aussie Elvis site that I like the look of, some of them are very expensive :blink:

You will love it, it is a great set. One of my favorites. (y)

hounddog
05-04-2012, 12:52 AM
my fav book is Thank You Very Much by Paul Lichter. I rarely buy off the Elvis Australia site i usually by off ebay or direct from the author like i did with Live at Del Webbs Saraha and one of Kieran Davis' book.

I have also bought a few Elvis books from the book depository. I got Elvis Linda and Me off them this week for $34 Aussie dollars with free postage. I also bought Growing Up with the Memphis Flash and Elvis Studio B Blues off Ebay last week.

Snake Eyes
05-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Well Hounddog, maybe we will go head to head on eBay soon :D

Got my Las Vegas box set today, loving it, still waiting for the on tour sessions and have finished Elvis What Happened.

blue suede heels
05-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Today I bought:
Viva Elvis CD
G.I. Blues CD
Elvis Aloha from Hawaii Deluxe Edition DVD set

josephinebeau
05-08-2012, 07:04 PM
This week I uploaded by photo to the 35th anniversary fan mosaic, then I ordered a copy for myself. I hope it turns out great.

Snake Eyes
05-09-2012, 07:42 AM
Some great purchases there guys, I finally got my Complete on Tour sessions CDs and they were worth the wait, I am waiting / bidding on some other items, Elvis is costing me a fortune :lol:

Raised on Rock
05-09-2012, 09:09 AM
I just bought the CD I am an Elvis fan or whatever it is... I just hope the new CD is not basically the 30 #1 hits.

Well its ridiculous, but if you check the stats of what the fans suposedly are choosing, it will most likely be another 30 #1 hits mix with second to none.

Wonder if the "fans" turned out to be that obvious, or as Viva Elvis said in another thread, tracks have already been choosen and its all a hoax. Its such a short time to put it together and the song selections to choose from its already manipulative. This could have been great if more songs to choose from where available with a longer time to get it together.

The idea to me its fantastic, BUT, it is not being realized in the right way from my point of view, and it will end up as just another greatests hits with the usual selection of tracks.

Back on topic.

I ordered Greil Marcus: Dead Elvis. Haven't got it yet.

Still saving for the recent FTD releases.

Snake Eyes
05-09-2012, 01:08 PM
@Raised on Rock

I wasn't aware of that book, but one search later!! Should be an interesting read, let me know if it's one you'd recommend (y)

Raised on Rock
05-09-2012, 03:53 PM
@Raised on Rock

I wasn't aware of that book, but one search later!! Should be an interesting read, let me know if it's one you'd recommend (y)

Well Marcus wrote a classic essay on Elvis in his 1975 book Mystery Train, kind of: before Guralnick thera was Marcus... I'll let you know when I got it and then finished, but I can tell you, I'm sure is going to be a good read.

debtdbruno
05-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Well its ridiculous, but if you check the stats of what the fans suposedly are choosing, it will most likely be another 30 #1 hits mix with second to none.

Wonder if the "fans" turned out to be that obvious, or as Viva Elvis said in another thread, tracks have already been choosen and its all a hoax. Its such a short time to put it together and the song selections to choose from its already manipulative. This could have been great if more songs to choose from where available with a longer time to get it together.

The idea to me its fantastic, BUT, it is not being realized in the right way from my point of view, and it will end up as just another greatests hits with the usual selection of tracks.

Back on topic.

I ordered Greil Marcus: Dead Elvis. Haven't got it yet.

Still saving for the recent FTD releases.

I got this after an article Brian Quinn posted on here. My Mum has read it before me, she said it was interesting

Tommy
05-11-2012, 02:31 PM
My latest purchase, although expensive is worth it, if you can afford these beautiful series of books, very impressive. (y)

http://shop.elvis.com.au/images/book_the_elvis_files_vol_5_1969_1970.jpg

hounddog
05-11-2012, 05:33 PM
i'd love those books especially the ones from 68 on but at somewhere between a $150 and $200 aussie dollars i can't see myself getting them

Tommy
05-11-2012, 06:03 PM
i'd love those books especially the ones from 68 on but at somewhere between a $150 and $200 aussie dollars i can't see myself getting them

Yes, very for me more! lol

Snake Eyes
05-12-2012, 05:36 AM
I would love love love that particular book Tommy, so jealous right now!

Jungleroom76
05-14-2012, 03:38 PM
My latest purchase, although expensive is worth it, if you can afford these beautiful series of books, very impressive. (y)

http://shop.elvis.com.au/images/book_the_elvis_files_vol_5_1969_1970.jpg

And you didn't get me one my friend?? :hmm: :sad: :lmfao:

Actually, those are quite expensive books but I see that the author is going to begin publishing a magazine later this year focusing on the ELVIS FILES series, so that may be a less expensive way for me (and other fans too) to check out the amazing photos contained in the book series!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
05-14-2012, 03:39 PM

It's a FANTASTIC package Chris, you're going to LOVE it!! ;)

Do you have any other MRS releases or is SUCH A NIGHT your first one? I HIGHLY recommend the MRS stuff, as they are top-notch quality!! And the guy behind MRS is the same guy who owns the BOXCAR label and he is putting out a GRACELAND book next month which looks FANTASTIC!! :clap:

TCB!
Mike

King Of The Whole World
05-14-2012, 03:49 PM
It's a FANTASTIC package Chris, you're going to LOVE it!! ;)

Do you have any other MRS releases or is SUCH A NIGHT your first one? I HIGHLY recommend the MRS stuff, as they are top-notch quality!! And the guy behind MRS is the same guy who owns the BOXCAR label and he is putting out a GRACELAND book next month which looks FANTASTIC!! :clap:

TCB!
Mike

Mike I would love to get the Graceland book that is coming out, it looks great. They do have quality products.

rockin
05-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Tax Returns were nice this year
so i bought the last 14 FTD cd's i needed for my collection lol
Listening to one of them now Elvis Sings the Wonderful World of Christmas.
Just awesome

hounddog
05-14-2012, 09:28 PM
so far all the MRS stuff i have bought is fantastic

Snake Eyes
05-15-2012, 02:09 PM
I just got The Memphis Sessions, I've been playing it constant, it's much better than I could have imagined. I'm still waiting for another cd to turn up (eBay), but if I wasn't going on holiday I'd be buying CDs everyday! I'm kind of going cold turkey at the moment and it's harsh :'(

Tommy
05-16-2012, 09:08 AM

Actually, those are quite expensive books but I see that the author is going to begin publishing a magazine later this year focusing on the ELVIS FILES series, so that may be a less expensive way for me (and other fans too) to check out the amazing photos contained in the book series!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

I will my friend.........going right-away.....................:lmfao: Do not fear..............(y)

Tommy
05-16-2012, 09:09 AM
I purchased this one..........

http://shop.elvis.com.au/images/book_graceland_through_the_years_1957-1977_with_sleeve.jpg

debtdbruno
05-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Now don't forget to pre-order the SUN FTD guys.................:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap ::clap:

Cliff
05-16-2012, 11:07 AM

TCB!
Mike

Read in a consumer magazine once that these part publications can actually end up being more expensive than buying a book.
I found this with the "Official Elvis Collector's Edition" magazine, it cost me well over $(NZ)1000. OK, there were binders included and DVDs, the quality of which wasn't that great. Include also the interest rate of 18% on the credit card charges and
it turned into quite a large sum. Imagine all the Elvis books I could have bought with this money.

Snake Eyes
05-16-2012, 11:50 AM
I got It's Midnight today, haven't listened to it yet.

Jungleroom76
05-16-2012, 12:49 PM
I will my friend.........going right-away.....................:lmfao: Do not fear..............(y)

Don't toy with my emotions!! :nono: :nono: :nono: :lmfao:

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
05-16-2012, 12:50 PM
I purchased this one..........

http://shop.elvis.com.au/images/book_graceland_through_the_years_1957-1977_with_sleeve.jpg

And you got me a copy too, right??? :hmm: ;) :lmfao:

TCB!
Mike

King Of The Whole World
05-16-2012, 03:54 PM

TCB!
Mike

Me toooooooooo!

Tommy
05-16-2012, 07:05 PM

TCB!
Mike

Yes my friend, you too. :lmfao:

Tommy
05-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Me toooooooooo!

You too my friend, yes!!!!!!!!!! :lmfao:

Jungleroom76
05-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Yes my friend, you too. :lmfao:

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) ;)

TCB!
Mike

blue suede heels
05-17-2012, 11:51 PM
Today I bought Alfred Wertheimer's ELVIS book. It has beautiful pictures, and from the little bit I read while in the store, it seemed interesting to me. I like how it's from the photographer's point of view, because it makes you feel like you're a fly on the wall. I also bought the DVD 'Live a Little, Love a Little'. Can't wait to see that one! :)

hounddog
05-21-2012, 04:13 PM
which Alfred Wertheimer book did you buy, Elvis the Early Years, Elvis 56m Elvis: A King in the Making or Elvis at 21? I just bought Guts Elvis it's a Japanese photo book form 1973 i think.

blue suede heels
05-21-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm a new fan, I wasn't aware there were more books by him. Good to know, because I'm really enjoying this one! http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/elvis-alfred-wertheimer/1102862720?ean=9781608871025

hounddog
05-22-2012, 01:01 AM
some photos get repeated in Alfred's books but they are still quality books if you don't pay a fortune for them

hounddog
05-26-2012, 10:50 PM
just bought Elvis Rock Sex n roll, hopefully it will have some new pics, Lichter repeats a lot of stuff

Snake Eyes
05-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Bless my dad, he bought me Elvis Presley 50 years on... The King Still Lives. It's a triple cd album and a little gift out of the blue is always nice. I've also bought Blue Hawaii - The Expanded Alternate Album and a book titled Elvis by Susie Behar that gives summarises his life, has some good pictures too. I'm waging war on eBay as there are a couple of cds I'm desperate for but so are other people apparently, fingers crossed I'm successful.

debtdbruno
05-27-2012, 12:03 PM
I bought The Final Curtain this week.
Still want Elvis Files vol 5

Snake Eyes
05-27-2012, 01:13 PM
I bought The Final Curtain this week.
Still want Elvis Files vol 5

I want both of these!!! I was telling my other half about the final curtain last night as he seems to think I have enough Elvis music, he has no clue about the amount of material (live, studio and rehearsal) that's out there, I'm educating him, so he now knows how expensive some sets are. I also told my dad, just in case he wants to spoil me for no reason ;)

hounddog
05-27-2012, 09:25 PM
wow that's a big purchase debtdbruno

Kajo
05-28-2012, 03:06 AM
Elvis Presley- From Elvis in Memphis (Remastered edition with 6 Bonus tracks)
Elvis Presley- Elvis On Tour dvd finally!!!

debtdbruno
05-28-2012, 05:55 AM
wow that's a big purchase debtdbruno

My pride and joy, is the Complete Works.......love this set
When TFC, was being released I couldn't decide if I wanted to spend money on a set, which to be honest is not Elvis at his best....bless!!
Anyway, it arrived this morning.....and its a stupendous set, only looked at the book so far, an awful lot of work gone into it though. Definitely worth having if you can get your hands on it.

I want elvis files vol 5 because this is my fav era

Snake Eyes
05-28-2012, 11:27 AM
My pride and joy, is the Complete Works.......love this set
When TFC, was being released I couldn't decide if I wanted to spend money on a set, which to be honest is not Elvis at his best....bless!!
Anyway, it arrived this morning.....and its a stupendous set, only looked at the book so far, an awful lot of work gone into it though. Definitely worth having if you can get your hands on it.

I want elvis files vol 5 because this is my fav era

Well, if you ever get bored with these........................nudge nudge :lol:

debtdbruno
05-28-2012, 11:29 AM
haha.........I'll let you know

lvelvis
05-28-2012, 07:48 PM
let us know your thoughts on this set , i still have mine won\t part with it for a million dollars , mainly love the book. i was real disapointed with the outakes from rapid city , i thought we were to get at least a 2nd gen tape transfer. I also preferred the numberroll on the film instead of the blurry watermark , the 8mm films , some like kansas and philly have bin seen before and it looks to be in the same ol condition as 1980's vhs with droputs.
i do love the quality of the main special and the great book , however i feel the bonus dvd could have bin something so much better. ALL 6 cds are the jewels also that still make me interested in commming back to this set every once and a while - i don't mind ELVIS PRESLEY in 1977 , he had good days and bad just like all other ENTERTAINERS , but when he was good he was THE **** BEST EVER! I will be getting my copy of ELVIS FILES 5 , have it pre orderd , and when i recieve i will post my thoughts and hope you do to.

lvelvis
05-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Well, if you ever get bored with these........................nudge nudge :lol:

yep a great set and the book just makes it that much better and complete , this was the way this set should have bin presented by warner/mgm/turner or whoever was responsible for the official release some years back, i did expect a little more than what we got and hate that they had some same ol audience inserts over and over again but all is forgiven when you watch all discs and plow through a great book. I sure wissh they would come out with an on tour dvd se collection - maybe in br- boxcar is tops.

debtdbruno
05-29-2012, 02:47 AM
yep a great set and the book just makes it that much better and complete , this was the way this set should have bin presented by warner/mgm/turner or whoever was responsible for the official release some years back, i did expect a little more than what we got and hate that they had some same ol audience inserts over and over again but all is forgiven when you watch all discs and plow through a great book. I sure wissh they would come out with an on tour dvd se collection - maybe in br- boxcar is tops.

Yeh.....great idea, long overdue