PDA

View Full Version : Graceland, music gates

Sonny
04-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi there!

I posted a similar thread years ago, and after seeing some pics today I again asked myself the question; how can it be that the images of Elvis on the gates show a huge resemblance to a seventies Elvis (sideburns and jumpsuit) while the gates were installed April 22nd, 1957. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.elvispresleymusic.com.au/pictures/1957_april_22.html

The link shows you those pictures.

ThreeCornPatches
04-12-2012, 01:10 PM
never understanded that either, but maybe it helped elvis choose his style for the 70s along with captain marvel ofcoarse

King Of The Whole World
04-12-2012, 01:47 PM
I know it is weird. I remember when I was a kid and first started learning about Elvis, I thought he had the gates made in the 70’s. What a dummy I was.

The only thing I can think of is, when they made the gates to get the sideburns right they had to make them bigger so you could see them. Maybe the pants look like bellbottoms because they were trying to give the appearance of movement.

KPM
04-12-2012, 04:55 PM
I really do not see a jumpsuit-perhaps its the way the iron work had to be done to keep the gate solid in construction with no holes for anyone to squeeze thru....and because of the intersections it gives the appearance of a jumpsuit type look.
Which still would be a coincedence since years later he would begin to wear them onstage.