PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Presley In Concert Tours Europe in March 2012

Elvis.com
02-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Elvis Presley In Concert, the concert that reunites former Elvis band mates live on stage with a state of the art video-projected Elvis, is returning to the stage and tickets for the 2012 European tour in March are on sale now. Tickets are selling fast so be sure to order yours today. The ...

More... (http://www.elvis.com/news/detail.aspx?id=6115)

Brian Quinn
02-10-2012, 06:10 AM
For the information of fans who might wish to turn up on the night to buy tickets for 'Elvis In Concert' - 16th March, 2012 at the 02 Arena in London.

Brian :)

Gig punters can now legally buy and sell tickets outside London's O2 Arena - via a new Seatwave shop next to the venue.

Seatwave @ North Greenwich officially opens its doors today.

As well as operating as a collection point for online customers, fans will be able to walk up and buy tickets to sold-out gigs on the evening they take place – as well as making last-minute sales of unwanted physical tickets.

In a statement, Seatwave said the launch was "an innovative approach that aims to give fans more control and spontaneity in their leisure time".

Joe Cohen, founder and CEO of Seatwave, commented: “Seatwave @ North Greenwich marks a milestone in what we can offer Seatwave customers. Our retail location gives thousands of fans a convenient way to pick up, buy and sell tickets, ensuring they don’t miss out on seeing once-in-a-lifetime events at the O2.”

Fans and customers will be able to ‘check-in’ at the Seatwave @ North Greenwich store on Facebook and Foursquare, in addition to corresponding with the Seatwave team via Twitter on @seatwave.

Brian Quinn
02-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Just received an e-mail from See Tickets that my tickets for 'Elvis In Concert' at Wembley (17th March) are on their way. As of today (16th Feb) 184 tickets left for a sell-out.

Brian (y)

JRtherealJR
02-16-2012, 02:20 PM
I got my tickets for the 02 yesterday! I haven't seen this production for a few years, but I wanted to see it this year as there seems to be a real feeling in the air of something special happening which I can only compare to the first time I saw this show in 1999 at Wembley. Since that first Wembley show they have improved the technology- the Elvis image on the main screen is much more vibrant and of course they have that amazing new intro which I have only seen on YouTube- but it still blows me away every time.

Interesting that some of the adverts I have seen for this new tour mention the Elvis presence twice: Elvis on screen AND Elvis joins his bandmates on stage. Interesting that there is a distinction between Onscreen and on the stage- I wonder if they have some new tricks up their sleeve for this final-ever UK tour?

And it's really great to hear that Wembley is on the verge of selling out!

ThreeCornPatches
02-16-2012, 02:39 PM
i bought them months ago for ahoy rotterdam on march 7 cant wait :D goin for my second time

elvisia
02-17-2012, 04:32 PM
I have wanted to see this show for years and now for the first time I will. I have tickets for 3 shows:clap: 02 Arena, London 16 March and Wembley, London 17 March. I`ll be back in Denmark 21 march, just in time for the show in Copenhagen 24 March. I`m really looking forward to it all:D

Joe Car
02-18-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm so jealous! I can't wait till this show comes to Canada!

Brian Quinn
02-19-2012, 06:48 AM
As of today (22nd February) 207 seats left for a sell-out at Wembley; 612 for the 02 Arena in London and 897 for Manchester Arena according to Ticketmaster (UK).

Brian :)

debtdbruno
02-19-2012, 09:50 AM
brilliant....he's still going strong

Brian Quinn
02-22-2012, 11:44 AM
As of today (29th February) 209 seats left for a sell-out at Wembley; 411 for the 02 Arena in London and 881 Manchester Arena are the two biggest indoor arenas in Europe. Further it should also be appreciated that this concert does not lend itself to seats behind the stage and therefore these will remain unsold.

Other venues on the UK tour do not have ticket seating software to enable ticket sales to be known by the general public.

Brian (y)

Brian Quinn
03-02-2012, 05:44 AM
As of today (12th March) 'Elvis In Concert' (UK Tour) - 161 seats left for a sell-out at Wembley and 147 for the 02 Arena in London according to Ticketmaster (UK). Other venues on the UK tour do not have ticket seating software to enable ticket sales to be known by the general public.

Brian

Brian Quinn
03-06-2012, 11:48 AM
MEET n GREET - Elvis Presley In Concert, Birmingham - the last UK Show.
To mark the last ever big-format 'Elvis Presley in Concert' at the LG Arena, NEC-Birmingham on the 18th March Strictly Elvis UK is arranging for two superb get-togethers.

Meet & Greet the Cast (before the Show)
At around 5:30 in the afternoon we have invited the TCB Band, the Sweet Inspirations, Elvis' Imperials and Joe Guercio to come and meet the fans at the Oasis Suite of the Crowne Plaza Hotel located opposite the LG Arena. Their attendance depends on their Sound-Check and final concert arrangements being on schedule but they will all try to make it as they want to show their appreciation for your support over the years. There is no charge for this and you are all welcome. Tea and coffee will be available for purchase. **Please note that the cast will be returning to London immediately after the Show and so this will be your only opportunity to meet with them**

All-Elvis Disco Party (after the Show)
starting at 10:30pm in the Oasis Suite of the Crowne Plaza Hotel we have a Disco Party with DJ Mark Monaghan going through until 1:00am. Tickets are £10 each on the door but can be reserved by emailing Carol Pugh at [email protected] or stopping by our Strictly Elvis Graceland Stand in the Foyer of the LG Arena before the concert or during the Interval.

Brian (y)

JRtherealJR
03-06-2012, 12:01 PM
As of today (29th February) 209 seats left for a sell-out at Wembley

As of today (6th March) 'Elvis In Concert' (UK Tour) - 254 seats left for a sell-out at Wembley

Is that a typo or has Wembley suddenly had 45 people cancel their tickets?

Jungleroom76
03-06-2012, 02:42 PM
According to ElvisMatters.com, aside from a couple of new faces on stage, there really isn't anything new incorporated into the 2012 production...

http://www.elvismatters.com/index.php?pagina=nieuws&id=6307

TCB!
Mike

Brian Quinn
03-07-2012, 04:34 AM
'Elvis In Concert' played Zurich on 5th March.

Please go to the following URL for the full song line-up etc:

http://www.elvismatters.be/index.php?pagina=nieuws&id=6307

Information courtesy of www.elvismatters.com

Some clips now available on YouTube.

Having attended all the Concert Tours for 'Elvis In Concert' in the UK it looks as though there are two songs which have not been performed before - 'Don't Cry Daddy' (other than in Memphis as a duet with Lisa Marie) and 'I Gotta Woman'. Also, 'Funny How Time Slips Away' was last performed on the 2003 Tour.

Brian (y)

Brian Quinn
03-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Is that a typo or has Wembley suddenly had 45 people cancel their tickets?

It would appear that Ticketmaster have bought some tickets from travel companies/other agencies who could not sell them and they get them for a reduced amount of money. Therefore ticket availability varies from day to day and sometimes from hour to hour.

Brian

Brian Quinn
03-08-2012, 11:08 AM
'What Now My Love' and 'American Trilogy' as featured at 'Elvis In Concert' on 7th March, 2012 at the Ahoy Arena, Rotterdam, The Netherlands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0h-9kGfeSM

Brian :clap:

ThreeCornPatches
03-08-2012, 01:08 PM
'What Now My Love' and 'American Trilogy' as featured at 'Elvis In Concert' on 7th March, 2012 at the Ahoy Arena, Rotterdam, The Netherlands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0h-9kGfeSM

Brian :clap: that video was 2010 lol

readyseve
03-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Heading to 02 Dublin on Wednesday. Roll on!

Brian Quinn
03-08-2012, 03:32 PM
that video was 2010 lol

You are right - it was from 2010. A million apologies!!

Brian

Brian Quinn
03-10-2012, 07:34 AM
'Suspicious Minds' at Sheffield Arena - 9th March, 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB4yTRhpOYs

Brian (y)

Sonny
03-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Rotterdam, March 7, intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLkjn8J2NeQ&context=C4311c30ADvjVQa1PpcFPbRJw5riQWaP89F9_yq4kS-8_9dyOU_eY=

Jumpsuit Junkie
03-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Saw the show last night in Manchester, This was my second time seeing the show, I have to say it was bloody amazing. There was a great atmosphere and the crowd went wild on several occasions which made the experience all the more special.

The band were really tight and there were several times I had to remind myself that they were really playing live the sets were that close to the originals.

It was a really fantastic experience.

Brian Quinn
03-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Reviews: Elvis Presley in Concert, Motorpoint Arena
Published in The Sheffield Star on Monday 12 March 2012 10:08

Maybe it was ‘one more time’ too many for Elvis fans.

For though the King was in the building some 35 years after his untimely death, sadly the audience was thin on the ground. The last time Elvis Presley in Concert rock and rolled into town, there was barely an empty seat.

Yet the die-hards who did rock up at the Motorpoint Arena had a hugely memorable night.

Presley larged it on huge, state-of-the-art video screens as ageing and uber-talented members of the original Taking Care of Business band accompanied him live, just as they had done 40 years ago.

We got Presley, frozen in time at his best; handsome and strong, slender in body and huge in voice, throwing everything into his white-suited concert performances. He opened with Easy Rider, burst into Burning Love and on top of his biggest hits, he rock and rolled through the lesser-heard blues and gospel numbers he had held dear.

Ballads were so emotionally performed, tears pricked your eyes. American Trilogy was his most emotive, but Elvis’s heart-stoppingly beautiful version of Simon and Garfunkel’s Bridge Over Troubled Water was the one that did it for me.

I ended up lost in that amazing voice. The charisma of a man long since gone, is still marching on.

JO DAVISON

Brian

Brian Quinn
03-14-2012, 06:49 AM
'Trouble'/Guitar Man'/'Polk Salad Annie' from the Zurich leg of the 'Elvis In Concert' Tour on 5th March, 2012. The 'Guitar Man' segment is new to this concert I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIw4qB0H1F4

Brian (y)

bill mcintyre
03-14-2012, 09:24 AM
I was at the Odyseey Arena, Belfast last night, my 4th time seeing this,I think last night was the best. The arena was packed to the rafters, the crowd were singing along,clapping,screaming etc and the atmosphere was amazing. Did my heart proud to see so many people of all ages being entertained by the main man. 35 years on and still wowing us.*****

Brian Quinn
03-14-2012, 12:03 PM
I was at the Odyseey Arena, Belfast last night, my 4th time seeing this,I think last night was the best. The arena was packed to the rafters, the crowd were singing along,clapping,screaming etc and the atmosphere was amazing. Did my heart proud to see so many people of all ages being entertained by the main man. 35 years on and still wowing us.*****

Good to hear Bill. Glad you had a great time. I am looking forward to seeing both London concerts this week-end in London.

Brian

Brian Quinn
03-16-2012, 07:27 AM
As of today (16th March) (day of the 02 concert) there are 267 seats still left for that and 312 for the Wembley Concert (17th March).

Brian

Brian Quinn
04-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I could not believe my eyes when I saw the following 'Boxscore' attendance figures for the UK Leg of 'Elvis In Concert' 2012':

Boxscore results for Elvis In Concert:

#34 Elvis Presley In Concert O2 Arena
- Date: March 16, 2012
- Gross: $445,150
- Attendance: 7,673 / 7,801

#60 Elvis Presley In Concert Manchester Arena
- Date: March 10, 2012
- Gross: $304,054
- Attendance: 5,598 / 6,020

#66 Elvis Presley In Concert LG Arena
- Date: March 18, 2012
- Gross: $262,814
- Attendance: 4,768 / 6,000

#73 Elvis Presley In Concert Wembley Arena
- Date: March 17, 2012
- Gross: $246,384
- Attendance: 4,323 / 5,500

#74 Elvis Presley In Concert Motorpoint Arena
- Date: March 9, 2012
- Gross: $231,919
- Attendance: 4,316 / 5,500

#79 Elvis Presley In Concert Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre
- Date: March 11, 2012
- Gross: $190,434
- Attendance: 4,216 / 4,800

Needless to say I totally disagree with them. There were at least 14,000 at the 02 Arena in London and 10,000 at Wembley. Absolute madness.

Brian Quinn

giulia
05-23-2012, 08:35 AM
Will they release a dvd of the best of the european 2010 and 2012 concerts ?

Deos anyone of you know something about that ??

Thank you Giulia