PDA

View Full Version : Please test our TCB-World chat

Albert
12-31-2004, 06:23 AM
We have installed a chatoption that may be enabled at certain times if the testperiod works without problems.

Link to chat: http://www.tcb-world.com/chat/flashchat.php

Please post your finding, ideas and bugs in this post.

New Jam
12-31-2004, 06:50 AM
the refresh rate seems a little to fast.

Page flashing like crazy on my end.

Jeff

P.S. Annie
12-31-2004, 07:03 AM
I love it :D Just had a little chat with New Jam. Hope it will be used a lot.

buttonhead
12-31-2004, 05:00 PM
I love it.. :D good job Albert (y)

AKing
12-31-2004, 06:43 PM
Aside from being there talking to myself...lol - it's great - one bug I noticed was that it didn't seem to load properly graphically. There were a few "X" boxes where pics or graphics should be.
But I look forward to seeing it full of fans soon. maybe you should give it a prime spot on the home page, so everyone knows it's there?
A King (y)

curtis simpkins
12-31-2004, 07:54 PM
same on my end, but i know you guys get this working. :)

geordie
01-06-2005, 11:21 AM
undefined :'(
We have installed a chatoption that may be enabled at certain times if the testperiod works without problems.

Link to chat: http://www.tcb-world.com/vBChat.php

Please post your finding, ideas and bugs in this post.
hi ive been in a couple of times,but nobodys been there :'( i think to start with you should set a time for people to join.just an idea :cool:

Albert
01-09-2005, 04:11 PM
I have removed the old chat program. It had too many problems. There's a new one and many of the TCB moderators have tested it this weekend.

It's a flash chat, so you need to have the (free) flash plugin. Most of the times you'll already have it on your pc, otherwise you can install it from www.macromedia.com.

Hope to see you there soon :D

New Jam
01-09-2005, 04:19 PM
The new chat works like a charm!!!

Everyone should give it a try. :cool:

Fine job, Albert. (y)

Jeff

Indre
01-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Great thing!! I just tried it, though no one was there :rolleyes:
It's really fun! (y) Thanks :clap:

P.S. Annie
01-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Thanks Albert for the update of the chat :clap:

boogie
01-11-2005, 09:16 AM
Good job Albert, nobody was there but it worked...
it will be great

Lindnet
01-11-2005, 11:11 AM
That is one great looking chat room!! I'm just assuming it works, cuz like everyone else, I was there alone. I hope it really gets going!

P.S. Annie
01-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Maybe we should make a 'date' for the chat, any ideas for the time, because that is gonna be a problem with all the time differences :blink:

boogie
01-11-2005, 12:08 PM
That's right PS Annie, for us it's not that problem, Netherlands and Belgium will be ok, but Usa will be different..;..let's see how it turns out

P.S. Annie
01-12-2005, 11:32 AM
and dont forget the Aussies :D

carolynlm
01-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Don't worry Annie, we won't let anyone forget the Aussies, no way no how...... :D :king:
We are an unforgetable bunch, you know, like relatives who won't go away.... :D

Albert
01-14-2005, 01:42 AM
Australia seems like hours away from the US and Europe, but when you turn the map (with Europe in the center) 180 degrees, you'll see that Australia isn't that far away (in timezones) than the westcoast of the US. It differs a full day, but not that much in real daytime.

By now we have a radioshow from New Jam where you can online to Elvismusic (once a week). During the broadcasting you know for sure that there are people in the chatroom.

Besides that we will organize a few chatsessions in order to get more people chatting at once.

How to chat: just click the 'chatroom' link on top of the page. The chat will be opened. Probably noone will be in there. No problem, just stay there. In the meantime, open a new page in your browser and just surf on the internet (for example TCB-World.com) like if you're not waiting in the chat. As long as you're in the chatroom, your name will be listed on the bottom of the page in the 'who's inside the chatroom' box. As soon as someone else enters the chatroom you will hear a nice tune. Time to chat :D

Of course you can also PM someone and invite him/her to chat :cool:

P.S. Annie
01-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Don't worry Annie, we won't let anyone forget the Aussies, no way no how...... :D :king:
We are an unforgetable bunch, you know, like relatives who won't go away.... :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the info Albert (y)