PDA

View Full Version : $50 Million For Elvis Presley Boulevard

Elvis.com
11-14-2011, 07:30 AM
It may be the gateway to Whitehaven and Memphis' most iconic tourist attraction, but Elvis Presley Boulevard "has lost all visual and contextual cohesion" and "aesthetic quality," a new city plan says....

Link To Original Article (http://www.elvisnews.com/news.aspx/50-million-for-elvis-presley-boulevard/13579)

Jungleroom76
11-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Definitely a good first step toward improving the Graceland area!! Now let's just hope we can start seeing some of the improvements in and around Graceland that have been talked about/in the works for so long!!! :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
11-14-2011, 11:28 PM
That area certainly needs it, hopefully its a sign of good things to come.

vivaelvis
11-16-2011, 09:00 AM
I asked my good friend back home why they are starting with the lower part of the boulevard, the furthest away from the tourist area, and he couldn't figure that out either. We both came to the conclusion that it's typical backwards thinking by Memphis. They should focus first on the direct Graceland area, between Craft and Winchester. That's where all the tourists see the most. Then From Winchester to Brooks. The area between E. Raines and Shelby Drive is all community and neighborhoods and should be done last.

CarolineLovesElvis
11-20-2011, 12:35 AM
That would be really great, we Elvis fans have heard the same thing many times. I will believe it when I see it with my own eyes. I do have hope for the Graceland area but not very much. Let's all just hope for the best!

Jungleroom76
11-21-2011, 02:18 PM
I asked my good friend back home why they are starting with the lower part of the boulevard, the furthest away from the tourist area, and he couldn't figure that out either. We both came to the conclusion that it's typical backwards thinking by Memphis. They should focus first on the direct Graceland area, between Craft and Winchester. That's where all the tourists see the most. Then From Winchester to Brooks. The area between E. Raines and Shelby Drive is all community and neighborhoods and should be done last.

Maybe they are waiting to do the immediate Graceland area until they have firm plans from EPE in terms of exactly what they are going to do with their renovations? That way, the city of Memphis can see what EPE is going to do and then plan their renovation of EP Blvd. in conjunction with the Graceland Complex renovation?? :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

KPM
11-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Maybe they are waiting to do the immediate Graceland area until they have firm plans from EPE in terms of exactly what they are going to do with their renovations? That way, the city of Memphis can see what EPE is going to do and then plan their renovation of EP Blvd. in conjunction with the Graceland Complex renovation?? :hmm:

TCB!
Mike
I would almost bet that the reason for the starting point has more to do with engineers and building experts thinking its the lowest cost way to proceed.....because of locations and starting points for sewer lines, electrical grids, main water lines etc....
Graceland may be at the end of all those things and its easier/chearper to start from the beginning in many cases.

Jungleroom76
11-23-2011, 12:17 PM
I would almost bet that the reason for the starting point has more to do with engineers and building experts thinking its the lowest cost way to proceed.....because of locations and starting points for sewer lines, electrical grids, main water lines etc....
Graceland may be at the end of all those things and its easier/chearper to start from the beginning in many cases.

Another strong possibility my friend... :hmm:

TCB!
Mike