PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Now Available For Elvis Presley in Concert in Slovakia

Elvis.com
10-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Elvis Presley in Concert*is coming to the Zimny Stadion O. Nepelu in Bratislava, Slovakia, on Thursday, March 22, 2012!Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased online by clicking here. Elvis Presley In Concert reunites former Elvis band mates live on stage with a state of the art video-pr...

More... (http://www.elvis.com/news/detail.aspx?id=5897)

Brian Quinn
02-04-2012, 09:48 AM
The Concert scheduled for Slovakia has been cancelled and another may be cancelled:

http://www.elvismatters.be/index.php?pagina=nieuws&id=5988

Brian:sad:

KPM
02-04-2012, 10:12 AM
That is bad news but not unsurprising considering that overseas is combating a worst recession than the US has.
I heard that the World Bank has downgraded all hopes for real growth in 2012 across the world because of the terrible economic calamity that has engulfed the world. The US has some slight steam in the last 6 months-but if Europe can not get its debt restuctured properly, it will probably steal that momentum.

Brian Quinn
02-04-2012, 10:33 AM
That is bad news but not unsurprising considering that overseas is combating a worst recession than the US has.
I heard that the World Bank has downgraded all hopes for real growth in 2012 across the world because of the terrible economic calamity that has engulfed the world. The US has some slight steam in the last 6 months-but if Europe can not get its debt restuctured properly, it will probably steal that momentum.

Agreed. The ticket prices are also high considering the 'ARTIST' is not really there in person.
I suspect the 2013 version, called 'The King In Concert', will be 'slimmed down' with fewer musicians/singers and playing at smaller venues.

Brian

Albert
02-05-2012, 04:54 AM
For me the fact that there's no new footage added to the show, nothing from the CBS Special is used and quite a few of the original TCB band and background vocals aren't there (anymore) makes this show less appealing to me.

By the way, why is The Elvis Concert rarely booked in the US? If I look at the current and past schedule, only a few shows have been given in the US the past 10 years. There've been even more given in the UK or Germany. Ain't that weird?

Brian Quinn
02-05-2012, 07:49 AM
For me the fact that there's no new footage added to the show, nothing from the CBS Special is used and quite a few of the original TCB band and background vocals aren't there (anymore) makes this show less appealing to me.

By the way, why is The Elvis Concert rarely booked in the US? If I look at the current and past schedule, only a few shows have been given in the US the past 10 years. There've been even more given in the UK or Germany. Ain't that weird?

Albert,

There are many theories why the 'Elvis In Concert' touring show did not take in the U.S.A. compared to the UK and other countries. The Concert first played during Elvis Week 1997 in Memphis and was a huge success. This was followed up by putting it 'on tour' in 1998 to various cities in the U.S.A. The arenas chosen seated over 10,000 and ticket sales were a disappointment. It appears that people in the U.S.A. did not grasp the concept of the show, most believing it was an Impersonator one (Elvis being dead), and hence resulted in poor ticket sales. This was the main reason why EPE and the Producer Stig Edgren decided to change the name of the Concert from 'Elvis The Concert' to 'Elvis In Concert' hoping that this would improve matters. Of course this is not to say that there have not been sell-out shows in the U.S.A. since that time - there have, including those at Radio City, New York and at The Las Vegas Hilton. However, in general, if people are paying good money to see a Concert they expect to see a 'live' artist i.e. Elvis himself on stage. Some, including fans, have argued why pay to see a video show, albeit it with original musicians/singers when they can see their other favourites 'live' - the choice of concerts in the U.S.A. being outstanding. Having now played for around twelve years in many countries (year in/year out at the same venues) with more or less the same video material it still amazes me that so many still turn out to see this Concert. Personally I have now seen it 20 times and have booked to see it again for the two London shows in March this year. The concept is such a good one that I am firmly of the opinion that it should continue in whatever format for future generations. However, I now believe that in these troubled financial times it is imperative that EPE and Stig Edgren change the format of the Concert in that it should be scaled down in size (less orchestra/singers) to play at venues of around 2-5,000 and reduce ticket prices to around 25. New material for the Concert also needs to be added. Apparently this is what EPE/Stig Edgren have in mind as of 2013 the Show will be called 'Elvis - The King In Concert' and have mainly new musicians/singers. The concept was successfully tried out at Elvis Week in Memphis in 2011. Personally I would love to see a 'Laser Elvis Concert' but I feel we are a few years away from this yet. With new technology one could then program 'Elvis' to sing any song one wanted and change the song line-up for each tour.

I would also like to see the IMAX format being used for 'The NBC 1968 TV Special' and 'TTWII'/'On Tour'.

Better still I wish Elvis was still here. I will always regret never seeing him on stage.

Brian