PDA

View Full Version : Elvisī girlfriends

Nicole Presley
07-03-2011, 01:31 PM
This may be a weird question, but I canīt know the answer because I didnīt live when Elvis was still alive. A teacher in school said a few days ago that women didnīt shave their legs until a few years ago. Thatīs why I wonder if the girls Elvis liked shaved their legs, or not. On the pictures it looks like their legs would be shaved, but maybe the quality isnīt good enough or something.
Iīm just trying to find out how Elvis liked his girlfriends to be, so thatīs why Iīm asking such a weird question.
Can anyone who already lived when Elvis lived answer that question, please?

May
07-03-2011, 01:44 PM
From what I can gather, Elvis generally liked petite women with long dark hair (there were the exceptions though, Linda Thompson being one of those!!) He liked women to be quiet and subserviant. He sounds quite old fashioned (i.e. women stayed at home and men went to work) but I guess that's how it was a generation ago.;)

hounddog
07-03-2011, 03:18 PM
My mother is 76 and she always has saved her legs.

Diane
07-03-2011, 03:21 PM
I have always shaved my legs too and I've been around since the beginning with Elvis. Don't know where your teacher got that information. I don't know any woman that I grew up with that didn't shave their legs. Even my mother's generation did.

Elvis Girl
07-04-2011, 11:41 AM
lol i never thought i read something like this my mother lived during that time and she always saved her legs etc lol
so probably the women he was with did to lol sorry but it's funny

T_J
07-05-2011, 05:40 PM
The original poster is from Germany, so perhaps the teacher meant German women?

hounddog
07-06-2011, 12:32 AM
yeah i was wondering the same thing T_J

Albert
07-06-2011, 03:03 AM
Hmmm..... I asked my mother (I live next to Germany) and she said it was normal to shave your legs in the 50s-60s-70s and so on. Perhaps that people being part of the hippie scene in the late 60s - early 70s didn't shave their legs and armpits? I heard and read that this more natural (ahum) look was quite popular among the liberated feminists also in that era.

So I guess your teacher is mistaking a few groups of women in that era for the majority? I can't imagine that Germany would be that different from the US or even the Netherlands?

Diane
07-06-2011, 08:34 AM
You're right Albert. The only women in the mid sixties and seventies who didn't shave their legs were the hippies but Elvis didn't date them.

buttonhead
07-07-2011, 10:01 AM
You're right Albert. The only women in the mid sixties and seventies who didn't shave their legs were the hippies but Elvis didn't date them.

:lol: Funny answer ...

I think that Elvis like his women to be feminine..

Nicole Presley
07-17-2011, 11:36 AM
I guess my teacher is just stupid. :D When my teacher said that I was really confused. Before she said that I never thought such a thing. Thanks for all the replys. At first I was afraid to ask such a stupid question. But I had to ask, because otherwise I would stay confused. I just had to know the answer. And Iīm glad I know it now. :)

hounddog
07-17-2011, 05:54 PM
it wasn't a stupid question.