PDA

View Full Version : "Young And Beautiful" (amazing quality)

cibetty
05-24-2011, 05:26 PM
I've just found this on YouTube and I wanted to share it. I don't have bluray disc player yet, too expensive here... But I'm totally amazed. :) :) :) And I think Elvis would be amazed too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuU07C1ZOfo&feature=related

Tommy
05-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks for posting, amazing clarity. (y)

Cliff
05-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Looks good Betti. I have been checking out Bliue-Ray players on You Tube and have mixed emotions about them. Some say they are great and others say thay do not offer much more than a normal DVD player. I don't want to lay out money only to be disappointed. Thanks for sharing.

cibetty
05-25-2011, 01:27 AM
Thanks for posting, amazing clarity. (y)

You're welcome Tommy! :notworthy :notworthy

cibetty
05-25-2011, 01:40 AM
Looks good Betti. I have been checking out Bliue-Ray players on You Tube and have mixed emotions about them. Some say they are great and others say thay do not offer much more than a normal DVD player. I don't want to lay out money only to be disappointed. Thanks for sharing.

It sure looks good Cliff! I haven't seen too many videos on YouTube what were made from bluray. The difference is really not so much, but it is clearer, I have the movie on DVD anyway. I will stay at the DVD player too Cliff, I will wait till it comes out of fashion. :) :) Like the VHS casette. The bluray player is not on my next shopping list at the moment, I'm afraid. :D :D :D But it is sure amazing!

kathy parkinson
05-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Brilliant Betti, thank you

LaurieT
05-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you...my favorite song ever!!

Albert
05-26-2011, 01:58 AM
I have Jailhouse Rock, Viva Las Vegas and Elvis On Tour on bluray and I have to say it is STUNNING! It's amazing that movies that old can look so crisp and full of detail.

Only downside: you want more! MORE! If only the Aloha, TTWII and several movies can also be released in 1080p as well. And then I mean true 1080p, not those upscaled so-called HD movies broadcasted on so many HD channels. The source of those movies are still the normal ones, but then upscaled (and slightly improved through filters).

Jimmy1966
05-26-2011, 04:36 AM
Amazing Sound And Picture Quality, Thanks For Posting.

KPM
05-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Very crisp thanks.

gilesm
05-29-2011, 01:32 AM
Albert,

HD Blu-ray's are made by scanning the film negative at 1080 resolution, and this is why the blu-ray has so much more definition than DVD which is scanned at 576.
This also means that in order to make a blu-ray the negative has to be scanned. The problem with the 68 Special and Aloha stock is that they were never filmed with film stock they were captured direct to video tape. Tis means that there is no negative to scan, so no genuine 1080 image can be made.
You can upscale these by watching the DVD's on a 1080p television, but you will never see a blu-ray of these shows.
Of course we only have 3 of Elvis' films on blu-ray to date, but because these were shot on film stock it is possible to make blu-ray releases for them.
It just has not happened yet.
I would love to see King Creole and TTWII on blu-ray as a start.

Anyone asking is blu-ray worth it ... yes yes yes the difference is simply stunning....

Joe Car
05-30-2011, 03:23 AM
Awesome, thanks!

cibetty
05-30-2011, 04:05 AM
I'm glad you all like it! :notworthy :notworthy