PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Promo Single

Smudge
05-03-2004, 11:03 AM
:help: Can anyone help? I got this promo, free, at the birthplace in 1982. I think it was a limited run of about 1700 copies and featured Trilogy b/w Impossible Dream. It also said on the label that it was given away at the birthplace on 16/8/82. Now I know the single is a little rare but I have TWO different versions. The plastic is the same but the sleeves are different. The sleeves were white paper with "Elvis" in script similar to that on the 'He walks beside me' album, in black, then on the back their is a paragraph about the 5th Anniversary of Elvis' death (also in black). Now I have 4 copies like this and one copy without the paragraph on the back of the sleeve. This is the one I'm asking about, has anyone else got a copy like this, and can anyone else shed more light onto the above mentioned singles and their values.

Lonniebealestreet
05-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Can't help you with that, Smudge, but welcome! And I bet somebody else here will know something about that. :D

E.L.V.I.S
05-03-2004, 11:12 AM
i also have the single you mentioned above however its price i have not got a clue! i also got the don't cry daddy white viynl promo they gave away at memphis.i would also love to find out the prices :help:

NightRider
05-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Smudge@May 3 2004, 06:03 PM
:help: Can anyone help? I got this promo, free, at the birthplace in 1982. I think it was a limited run of about 1700 copies and featured Trilogy b/w Impossible Dream. It also said on the label that it was given away at the birthplace on 16/8/82. Now I know the single is a little rare but I have TWO different versions. The plastic is the same but the sleeves are different. The sleeves were white paper with "Elvis" in script similar to that on the 'He walks beside me' album, in black, then on the back their is a paragraph about the 5th Anniversary of Elvis' death (also in black). Now I have 4 copies like this and one copy without the paragraph on the back of the sleeve. This is the one I'm asking about, has anyone else got a copy like this, and can anyone else shed more light onto the above mentioned singles and their values.
The Promo is getting rare...thats for sure (y)

RCA Victor JH-13302 1982

I can only tell you about one version as thats all i know :oops:

The one with the blank sleeve i believe is valued at around $250 in mint condition. Though this may vary a little...it should be pretty close (y)

Hope this helps.