PDA

View Full Version : 'Viva Elvis' Receives A Makeover

Brian Quinn
01-20-2011, 07:28 AM
Please go to the following URL:

http://www.vegasdeluxe.com/blogs/luxe-life/2011/jan/19/emviva-elvisem-receives-subtle-instrumental-makeov/

Brian :D

Jimmy1966
01-20-2011, 09:26 AM
I Disagree with him, (ERICH) you can not give a 'NEW' Lease of life to Elvis Classics Period.
I Purchased Elvis VIVA And It's at the very Bottom of my collection,
Probably never to see the light of day again...VIVA;) RIP..

U.S. Male
01-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the info Brain.

I (personally) have enjoyed listening to the Viva Elvis Cd, and I hope they'll release either a volume 2 or an expanded edition sometime in the future. (y)

My teenage son is in to mostly hard rock and classic rock music and isn't an Elvis fan. When I played him the Viva Elvis version of Suspicious Minds and Burning Love he replied "dang dad I thought Elvis was some lounge singer - this is cool!" He's since been borrowing some of my Elvis cd's to listen to more Elvis, so Sony/BMg - at least you've helped sway one fan to become interested in Elvis :D

Brian Quinn
01-20-2011, 09:55 AM

I (personally) have enjoyed listening to the Viva Elvis Cd, and I hope they'll release either a volume 2 or an expanded edition sometime in the future. (y)

My teenage son is in to mostly hard rock and classic rock music and isn't an Elvis fan. When I played him the Viva Elvis version of Suspicious Minds and Burning Love he replied "dang dad I thought Elvis was some lounge singer - this is cool!" He's since been borrowing some of my Elvis cd's to listen to more Elvis, so Sony/BMg - at least you've helped sway one fan to become interested in Elvis :D

U.S. Male,

I totally agree with you. The sound is awesome and its great for playing in the car. Personally, I cannot understand why some fans try and compare the tracks with the originals. They were never meant to do that but were done as a tribute to the man and the album stands on its own merits, albeit I do feel there should have been more tracks for such a groundbreaking release.

Brian :D

Jorge
01-20-2011, 07:19 PM
I really like the Viva Elvis CD, I love the originals but they did a very fine job especially on Love Me Tender at the end of the song.
Great to have a new fan US Male and I really agree with you Brian. Hope a vol. 2 will see the light of day.

RS277
01-20-2011, 08:32 PM
I enjoyed the CD. Something different. I'm also hearing Bosa Nova Baby playing during the Ashton Kutcher "No Strings Attached" movie trailer. It's a good thing...ELVIS 2011

Vegas69
01-20-2011, 09:47 PM
I don like it. I don think Elvis would like it, he got upset when someone mess with what he put out. Priscilla skirted that issue in recent interview.
You know what I find oddity is they have this big production of her wedding to Elvis but no mention of the birth of their only kid together. Would think that would be a big life thing to include consider she left him and they be divorced now 38 years.

Vegas69
01-20-2011, 09:47 PM
I don like it. I don think Elvis would like it, he got upset when someone mess with what he put out. Priscilla skirted that issue in recent interview.
You know what I find oddity is they have this big production of her wedding to Elvis but no mention of the birth of their only kid together. Would think that would be a big life thing to include consider she left him and they be divorced now 38 years.

SleepyJack
01-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I think I would be happier if they don`t go ahead with a "Volume 2"....that would make even less sense really than the first volume.
I`ve said it already somewhere..but, I think they could put together a strong album,similiar in style to "Viva Elvis" if they used quality musicians,did a good job with the mixing and used songs that are not very well-known.The whole world has heard "Heartbreak Hotel" and "Can`t help falling in love"...but how many are aware of songs like "Edge Of Reality","Wearin` that loved-on look" or "Stranger in my own hometown"? I think it`s time as well that Sony start to have a little more faith in Elvis` music and promote it when a new release is put out.

KPM
01-22-2011, 11:56 AM
All I can say is "the hype was not met in the build up for this project" it fell flat........we can all debate the reasons, but that is the honest truth.IMO

KPM
01-22-2011, 12:02 PM

My kids are all in their mid 20s and very into music-I played them "Suspicious Minds" my son said it was "so, so"....one daughter said it was "Okay" and the "oldest daughter said she liked it but would not buy it" after she had listened to online samples of the other songs and just did not care for the rest that much. She is an assistant manager at a local chain CD/Game/Movie entertainment store-Viva Elvis is not selling there-she says they sold one to an older lady.

Wendy56
01-22-2011, 06:54 PM
I haven't seen the play since I live quite far... *sigh But a friend who saw it says it ain't that "big deal". What I did get was the album. I loved some songs. Actually, loved the mix they did of many quotes and songs to create for track.
I find it very enjoyable. Though ain't sure of a sucessful second volume. "Formulas" are not good. Unless they do it once or twice because after that, the "novelty" looses it's appeal.