PDA

View Full Version : EOT - 2010 release

monk37
12-29-2010, 11:41 AM
I received this as a christmas present and wasn't that fussed about the change in opening song.

but I was appalled to see that other scenes were edited.

Not that I thought the car scene about beaver and launches was anything but guys being sophomoric guys, but this was played in 1972 in theatres

people's sensibilities now are hardly going to be offended by this mild sex talk.

I haven't finished the doc to see if they left in the later lines - following Elvis' reappearing to the waiting fans with his glasses upside down and then returning to the building - when he says to one of the mm - that the girl he'd been with "she could raise the dead" over dubbed original release to the proper clip in This is Elvis with the actual line "man could she give head"

I think that this editting is far worse than changing the opening song.

JRtherealJR
12-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Monk, those scenes you mentioned were never in any version of ELVIS ON TOUR- so I think you are getting confused between EOT and THIS IS ELVIS mate.

The beaver comment in the limo, the upside down glasses scene and also another scene where Elvis mentions getting head were all in THIS IS ELVIS but they were dubbed over for the home video release of THIS IS ELVIS. The uncut comments can still be found on the 2-disc THIS IS ELVIS release which has both versions of the film.

But although these scenes were filmed by the EOT crew, they were never included in the finished documentary!

monk37
12-29-2010, 08:07 PM
I know that This is Elvis had the correct line

but I do recall those scenes from my VHS copy of EOT in the 80's.

I used to watch it a lot at work - at a video store - and the store didn't have This is Elvis.

Just EOT

KPM
12-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Monk, those scenes you mentioned were never in any version of ELVIS ON TOUR- so I think you are getting confused between EOT and THIS IS ELVIS mate.The beaver comment in the limo, the upside down glasses scene and also another scene where Elvis mentions getting head were all in THIS IS ELVIS but they were dubbed over for the home video release of THIS IS ELVIS. The uncut comments can still be found on the 2-disc THIS IS ELVIS release which has both versions of the film.

But although these scenes were filmed by the EOT crew, they were never included in the finished documentary!
Yes my VHS copy of EOT does not have those comments as well but the extended version of This is Elvis had them.
Col. Parker would not let comments like those by Elvis be released into theaters in 1972, and Parker was still controlling the image at that point in time.

monk37
12-30-2010, 08:07 PM
makes me wonder if the Canadian release version was different.

we're not as uptight about sex as our southern cousins.