PDA

View Full Version : Elvis related population crisis

monk37
12-05-2010, 04:52 PM
"It is a semi well known fact that the number of Elvis impersonators in the world has increased exponentially since the singer's death in 1977. But how many of you know just how pronounced and dangerous the trend is?"

http://annika.mu.nu/archives/graph1.gif

read more: http://annika.mu.nu/archives/210260.html

vivaelvis
12-05-2010, 06:35 PM
I think that some of the ETAs have done more good than harm for his longevity. Elvis has been dead for 33 years and counting and the impersonators out there have kept his likeness in the public eye. Sometimes not always in a positive image but bad publicity is better than no publicity. Especially for a dead man.

lightcloud
12-05-2010, 08:33 PM
I agree VivaElvis ;)

monk37
12-05-2010, 10:53 PM
as Col Parker said - it doesn't matter what they print as long as they spell your name right

Erhan
12-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Best impersonator is dead impersonator IMHO....:lol:

Wide Screen Aloha From Hawaii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iwF2vbjw5I

Raised on Rock
12-06-2010, 11:21 AM
...bad publicity is better than no publicity. Especially for a dead man.

Errr... no.

Raised on Rock
12-06-2010, 11:28 AM
I think only a 10% of the impersonactors are worth watching and could be considered a tribute.

The rest are a disgrace and does damage Elvis image.

How dangerous the trend is, well in 2020 it will be just like Mars Attack but with overweighted cheap jumsuited douchebags with no life instead of green mean locusts.

debtdbruno
12-07-2010, 09:44 AM
I think it depends if they are playing tribute to him, in a complimentary way............and not taking the p*ss.......

However, I dislike seeing a fat, old guy taking him off, no matter how much the 'imp' loves him..........

Diane
12-07-2010, 11:29 AM
I agree, there are a few good Tribute artists out there but most should be booed off the stage for making Elvis look ridiculous. People should never have those in their minds when thinking of Elvis.

kathy parkinson
12-07-2010, 11:46 AM
I think it depends if they are playing tribute to him, in a complimentary way............and not taking the p*ss.......

However, I dislike seeing a fat, old guy taking him off, no matter how much the 'imp' loves him.......... Spot on Deb.

Albert
12-07-2010, 12:55 PM
I've always considered tribute artists to be Elvis fans, and impersonators people just wanting to make a buck. A tribute artist doesn't always want to dress or speak/sing like Elvis.

Many times there are tribute artists that also look like Elvis. But even then, they more look like caricatures of the King. It's always overdone....

Impersonators are those people with very little self-consiousness. They can't see themselves through the eyes of others. Because how else can you think that you're paying tribute to our guy when you're balding and still want to have your hair like Elvis? Or when you wear an god-awfull Elvis wig? Or when you are extremely overweight (as a fan you should know that 1976-1977 was the most unflattering period of Elvis)..... Either these impersonators aren't Elvisfans, or they are a little 'simple' in the head. Both ways: as a fan, I don't t like it.

I don't have a problem with tribute artists that really try to put up a good show. But djeeezzz...... they are a minority I guess