PDA

View Full Version : 'Viva Elvis' - The Album Tracklisting

Brian Quinn
09-17-2010, 11:34 AM
According to Sony(UK) the following is the tracklisting for the 'Viva Elvis' album:

1. Opening
2 . Blue Suede Shoes
3 . Heartbreak Hotel
4 . Love Me Tender
5 . King Creole
6 . Bossa Nova Baby
7 . Memories
8 . Can't Help Falling in Love
9 . You'll Never Walk Alone
10. Suspicious Minds.

As we already knew, there were over 40 tracks recorded for the session including 'Burning Love'. Sony state they are going to let fans hear the album tracks very soon.

Brian (y)

italianfan
09-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks for sharing! What about Its Now or Never and Burning Love that we heard a sample of?

KPM
09-18-2010, 04:12 PM
I understand what you are saying and have requested Elvis music in the last 33 years but realistically I look at it like this-if they are good enough ....not just Elvis fans.... but many others will request these songs.......because if its going to be a global smash on the level or Elvis's biggest hits during his career-it has to be what many people want to hear not just we who love Elvis.
ALLC was supported by millions worldwide not just we fans and it was a huge smash, with a lot of exposure because many liked the song.
If these songs on "Viva Elvis" are really destined to be huge worldwide hits-it will happen.....regardless of what we fans do.
I have to be as honest as I can-I want Elvis to be recognised in the future-for his accomplishments, his music the music he was at the heart of.
I have mixed feelings about remixes and tinkering with Elvis music-because he is not involved, NO ONE can know how he would feel about others "tinkering" with it today
If we look at his past-we know he hated when someone changed the masters he had finished by tinkering with the mix....raising his voice. lowering the music, adding instruments etc....
So when we talk of remixes I think they should be few and far between.........................as much as we would like to have new quality Elvis music today-without him here its just a "gimmick".......... tinkering with classic music and trying to sell it as "new" to sell to a new generation!
ALLC is an example-we see that for the time the song was hot people bought it........... but no remix will ever spark a constant return of Elvis to mainstream music and each time you remix you water down what Elvis truely was-what made him such a huge unique talent.
If the remixes are great-they will be requested on the strength of the music pure and simple.IMO

Raised on Rock
09-18-2010, 11:46 PM
What happened with Burning Love, Its Now or Never, All Shook Up, Jailhouse Rock? in fact those where my favourites. No Return To Sender? that was way cool! what is this petty playlist?

Hmmm.... a nine songs CD? Is it me or that sounds kind of cheap. (And in the era of THE DEAD OF THE CD? lol)

I hope a 5.1 surround sound DVD is in the works to come along with the CD, with the bonus material plus some nice work on the video area, or else I think I'm going to crap on this. (And wait for Viva Elvis on FTD, all recorded Tracks, Stage versions and unused material, sheduled for 2020 lol)

KPM
09-19-2010, 10:56 AM
What happened with Burning Love, Its Now or Never, All Shook Up, Jailhouse Rock? in fact those where my favourites. No Return To Sender? that was way cool! what is this petty playlist?

Hmmm.... a nine songs CD? Is it me or that sounds kind of cheap. (And in the era of THE DEAD OF THE CD? lol)

I hope a 5.1 surround sound DVD is in the works to come along with the CD, with the bonus material plus some nice work on the video area, or else I think I'm going to crap on this. (And wait for Viva Elvis on FTD, all recorded Tracks, Stage versions and unused material, sheduled for 2020 lol)
That seemed odd to me also-perhaps they are thinking about a couple of CDs coming out from Viva Elvis naturally spaced out over time.....naturally to maximise their profit.;)

Sonny
09-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Thank you Brian for all the news!

The very short playlist however seems weird.
Then again, given history, other cd's will follow with the complete tracklist.

vivaelvis
09-19-2010, 12:28 PM
According to Sony(UK) the following is the tracklisting for the 'Viva Elvis' album:

1. Opening
2 . Blue Suede Shoes
3 . Heartbreak Hotel
4 . Love Me Tender
5 . King Creole
6 . Bossa Nova Baby
7 . Memories
8 . Can't Help Falling in Love
9 . You'll Never Walk Alone
10. Suspicious Minds.

As we already knew, there were over 40 tracks recorded for the session including 'Burning Love'. Sony state they are going to let fans hear the album tracks very soon.

Brian (y)

Please tell me this is just a sample of what's on it and not the whole album? If so then it's a rippoff by Sony and Cirque. What happened to all the 40 some remixes they made? Something's not adding up with this info. :hmm:

italianfan
09-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Something's not adding up with this info

I agree, I think this is only a sample. It wouldn't make sense to 'remix' Jailhouse Rock, Now or Never, Burning Love etc and not include them in an album. The only thing I can think of is perhaps one of the missing songs will be used as the b side of Suspicious Minds and then a second single release would be another two of the missing songs.

Elvos77
09-20-2010, 05:55 AM
I don't think this is the defenitive tracklisting. On elvis.com you can also read this piece of info about the upcoming album.

(taken from www.elvis.com)
In celebration of all eras of Elvis' musical genius, Viva ELVIS - The Album includes songs from Elvis’ rise to fame in the ‘50s, his movie soundtracks, his triumphant return to the stage in the “’68 Special,” and his ground-breaking appearances in Las Vegas. "Burning Love," "Suspicious Minds," "Blue Suede Shoes" and "It's Now or Never" are among the songs that have been re-imagined and transformed for Viva ELVIS - The Album

Burning Love and It's now or never are mentioned ,and are not on the so called tracklist,so I don't expect it to be a 10 track cd.

Brian Quinn
09-23-2010, 09:41 AM
SONY are obviously really worried about bootlegging of the 'Viva Elvis' Album. This is why it is very difficult to get exact details regarding the track listings. It is now coming to light that several countries are going to get a different 'duet' with an artist from that country. The latest is for French singer Amel BENT to duet on 'Love Me Tender' and Spanish singer Lourdes HERNANDEZ (aka Russian Red) to also duet on the same song on the Spanish version. If you remember, this is what happened on the 'Christmas Duets' album last year. I believe this policy stems from the fact that in each country SONY have their own 'profit centres' and can, to some degree, alter the track listings. By doing this it is imposssible for bootleggers to create one worldwide album as each country varies. The singers chosen to duet are usually new SONY artists who have won on programmes like the 'X' Factor. This makes sense for SONY as it gets their new artists exposure.

There will be no duet on the UK version and the tracklisting remains at 10.

I will try to get more information on these issues next week.

Brian

monk37
09-23-2010, 12:34 PM
considering how much a cd can hold, 10 songs is rather thin on the ground

Raised on Rock
09-23-2010, 07:30 PM
There will be no duet on the UK version and the tracklisting remains at 10.

I will try to get more information on these issues next week.

Brian

Thanks for sharing this info. I still have to say that just 10 tracks is not that exciting.

Hmmm... if that is for UK, I don't think it changes much for the U.S. and Mexico (except for the Spanish duet here in latin america). Playlist might change a lot in australia or japan as always.

Do you know if there is any plan to release a special edition with a bonus 5.1 surround dvd as it happened with Beatles Love? Now that will get many of us excited! I mean, this is big time entertainment, this is what I would like to enjoy with great visuals on my home theater. A regular Cd just to lisen in the car or in the ipod? forget it, it is just not that interesting as music, I got Elvis, and a ton of other bands for that.

Joe Car
09-24-2010, 04:35 AM
Thanks again Brian for you efforts!

Yvosus
09-24-2010, 07:36 AM
Hello,

I don't know how Sony thinks it's marketing plan to get this album to the top of the charts: there will be some tough competition as least in the US.
As soon as the new Sunsan Boyle album was announced two days ago, that it is right now standing at number one in the Amazon TOP 100. "Viva Elvis" is nowhere to be seen...
The albums release dates are the same. I hope I am wrong but I fear really it will bombed, ruining then the confidence Sony has that Elvis may still move big volumes.

Brian Quinn
09-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Latest on the Worldwide release of the 'Viva Elvis' Album.

Apparently the Belgian version has 13 tracks including 'That's All Right Mama'; 'Burning Love'; and 'Love Me Tender' Duet with Belgian singer Dani KLEIN from the group Vaya Con Dios. This is in addition to the 'Love Me Tender' remix.

Brian

KPM
09-24-2010, 11:34 AM
I have seen no ads anywhere for this album-except on Elvis web sites where "we" are discussing it???
If they are going to make the huge splash for this release.... they had better get going.

Brian Quinn
09-25-2010, 08:03 AM
I have had an e-mail from SONY(UK) to assure me that there will be 12 tracks on the UK version of 'Viva Elvis'. Some countries will have thirteen due to local duets with Elvis on 'Love Me Tender' but NOT the UK. They state that it is a fantastic album and will be a big record when compared to any artist. Full tracklisting is as follows:

1. Opening
2. Blue Suede Shoes
3. That's All Right
4. Heartbreak Hotel
5. Love Me Tender
6. King Creole
7. Bossa Nova Baby
8. Burning Love
9. Memories [interlude]
10. Can't Help Falling In Love
11. You'll Never Walk Alone [piano interlude]
12. Suspicious Minds

The promotion campaign will begin soon.

Brian :D

Sonny
09-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the updates Brian.

T_J
09-25-2010, 07:31 PM
The 12 tracks noted by Brian are also now listed on Amazon UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0041TW63A?ie=UTF8&tag=clapopico0e-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1634&creativeASIN=B0041TW63A

Brian, are you expecting a really impressive promotional campaign then?

Brian Quinn
09-26-2010, 02:32 PM
The 12 tracks noted by Brian are also now listed on Amazon UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0041TW63A?ie=UTF8&tag=clapopico0e-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1634&creativeASIN=B0041TW63A

Brian, are you expecting a really impressive promotional campaign then?

T_J,

According to SONY (UK) it will be their biggest since the '30 No.1 Hits' album in 2002.

I will post any details as soon as I hear anything.

Brian

KPM
09-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Well so far Sony is letting Elvis forums and fansites carry the word forward-which from a bottom line business standpoint is smart............I guess.
Lets hope they get some "BUZZ" started in other places outside the Elvis world-after all its not long till the album is released.

Elvos77
09-27-2010, 03:11 AM
I don't know, but at first ,when the news came out about this beeing released, I was excited,but the closer we get to the release date the lesser I get excited.
SO far it's all dissapointment to me, The short tracklist, the lack of promotion are not what I expected.

dennyelvis
09-27-2010, 04:55 AM
I agree, were not far away now , and theres not a whisper in the UK about this "amazing release", short tracklist ? more like short changed, thats how i feel, its got that XMAS DUETS feel all over it .........

Albert
09-27-2010, 03:57 PM
I still haven't heard anything from this album :(

Brian Quinn
09-28-2010, 06:30 AM
Have faith. The album has 12 tracks in the UK and some countries (Belgium, France, Spain) have 13 (including a duet on 'Love Me Tender' by local artists).

Promotion

Cirque du Soleil, Pricilla Presley and the album producer Erich Van Tourneau all undertaking promo.
Priscilla has already been on The One Show
Major TVs are being lined up

Marketing

TV: Very heavy TV campaign across ITV, C4, Five and satellite booked from launch up to Christmas
National X Factor launch spot the day before release

Outdoor: Nationwide Adrail campaign

Radio: Campaigns booked with Heart, Smooth and Capital

Press: Nationwide front page strip on Metro day of release
Sunday Mirror day before release
Red & Hello full page ads

Online: Facebook, Youtube and Google campaigns.

Brian:D

italianfan
09-28-2010, 11:10 AM
I still have my hopes for this. Brians right when he says its too early to start any promo. Although I'd like to see something soon. Those things listed above sound very promising, and I expect there will be reviews in several music mags, so then it depends on the quality of the album to the praise/slating it receives.

The X factor launch spot will be seen by millions of viewers which can't be a bad thing. And here in the UK, we've seen what a small bit of promo can do. The Elv75 album earlier this year got a pretty small promotional campaign on tv and got to number 8.

KPM
09-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Well I am going by the only true promotional effort for an Elvis release since he died-for Elvis 30#1s..... that was being hyped and promoted for months before its release.
30#1s had a steady stream of promotion up to and after the release. If this is on par with that-I am missing something somewhere.
IMO its never too early to start promo for any product-you have to get people aware of the product, curious with anticipation about the product, and finally wanting to buy the product because-"Everyone else is talking about it"
That can take a very long time especially in promoting an artist who is no longer with us and nothing is truely new-just changed, or altered in some way.
But time will tell when its finally on the market.:hmm:

Yvosus
09-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Hello,

I agree, but what about airplay regarding "suspicious minds" The song is nowhere to be seen. None of the UK radio playlist I have checked so far. This is the key factor: no airplay = poor sales.

Hope I am wrong though...:blush:

KPM
09-28-2010, 03:32 PM
The real challenge for Sony is to get regular radio play-and many stations (in the US anyway) are hesitant to play something they think is not mainstream.
ALLC sold itself, with the movie "Oceans 11" using it, the world soccer org. adopting it as their song, and all the 25th anniversary free publicity.........but in the US it got little airplay (but more than any other release by Elvis in years)
ALLC was the top selling single in the US for some weeks that year-but it was not number one on the charts because it got little requests and plays. That seems unfair to me-but thats how the Billboard system for singles works. In the old days whatever sold the most was usually the number 1 song.

italianfan
09-29-2010, 09:29 AM
Ive found a couple of articles today, one in the NME music magazine, and the other in the british newpaper, The Sun. Both explaining the idea behind the new album. Hopefully this sort of thing will start the ball rolling. (y)

Brian Quinn
09-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Ive found a couple of articles today, one in the NME music magazine, and the other in the british newpaper, The Sun. Both explaining the idea behind the new album. Hopefully this sort of thing will start the ball rolling. (y)

Thanks for that - and here's one of them:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/3158199/Elvis-gets-a-revamp-on-new-album.html

Jimmy1966
09-29-2010, 12:14 PM
It's Great That They ( SONY ) Are doing something positive i guess, But i won't be purchasing it ( ELVIS VIVA )
Mainly because i prefer the originals and also the FTD Releases as well.

Brian Quinn
09-29-2010, 01:40 PM
It's Great That They ( SONY ) Are doing something positive i guess, But i won't be purchasing it ( ELVIS VIVA )
Mainly because i prefer the originals and also the FTD Releases as well.

Hi Jimmy,

Beleve it or not I have just ordered 50 copies to send to relatives and friends at Christmas. The rest I will donate to local libraries and hospices. The remixes are different to the originals and not better or worse as far as I am concerned. I am really looking forward to it. Just goes to show we are all different in our tastes.

italianfan
09-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Beleve it or not I have just ordered 50 copies to send to relatives and friends at Christmas

Well Brian, hats off to you!

That's real dedication. Althought I wont be buying 50 copies, Ill be sure to buy a few to do my part. (y)

At the moment, Viva Elvis is at number 88 on the amazon pre-order chart.

Trelane P
09-29-2010, 05:47 PM
You can now hear 30 seconds of all the tracks on the album at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Elvis-Presley/e/B000APW5IU/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1285775928&sr=1-2-ent

See the box in the top right of the page called 'listen for free'.

vivaelvis
09-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Well, prior to the tracklisting announcement, I was actually excited and looking forward to the soundtrack. But since having the opportunity to hear samples of each track I can honestly say that this is the worst attempt to make Elvis contemporary today that I have ever heard. This album makes Spankox look like Einstein and that's not a compliment to Spankox either. What Felton Jarvis did back in 1980 was a better attempt to make Elvis sound modern then than this album does today. I didn't understand all the negativity and criticizsm aimed at the album at first, but now I do loud and clear. The sad part is, after first listen, the public will be laughing at Elvis instead of finding him cool.(n)

If this is what they think will make him "hip" then bring on a remastered dvd of Elvis In Concert. It would do less harm than this garbage will.

italianfan
09-30-2010, 05:00 AM
I like quite a few of those tracks. Love me tender sounds great. 30 seconds really isnt long enough to make a judgement on a song.

Brian Quinn
09-30-2010, 06:31 AM
This is the BEST album from Elvis since he died. Truly tremendous. He is now getting the backing he should have had all along. Instead of middle aged musicians and a plethora of backing groups drowning him out he is now getting contemporary musicians who are innovative and keen to succeed. The general public will decide if this is a winner.

italianfan
09-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Currently at number 54 on Amazon UK Pre order chart

KPM
09-30-2010, 03:58 PM
This is the BEST album from Elvis since he died. Truly tremendous. He is now getting the backing he should have had all along. Instead of middle aged musicians and a plethora of backing groups drowning him out he is now getting contemporary musicians who are innovative and keen to succeed. The general public will decide if this is a winner.
This album is in Elvis's name, his likeness-"but it is not from Elvis" he had no creative imput in this album. Just as any project using his vocals which alters from the originals since he died.
My friend we will have to disagree!
In your opinion-the new backing is what he should have had all along-that is a subjective opinion.
Aged musicians, and a plethora of backing groups?-Who produced the sound that "Elvis wanted" (and when they did not-he let them know it....or when the masters were altered from the sound he had signed off on)
The Memphis musicians on the 1969 sessions (who made recordings with many the top artists of the 60s and 70s)- were top notch.
You can not rewrite history-as I pointed out earlier the contemporary sound from contemporary musicians which you say are innovative-is also subjective to the time-the era in which you inhabit or speak about. Elvis could not have had this sound-in 1969 just as he could not have had the 1969 sound-in 1955 and that is true of every artist in every era.
As we have pointed out-this album was designed to fit the format of the "Viva Elvis" production-it was constructed for a certain feel, a certain flow, that Elvis had absolutely no say so in.
I hope it sells millions......but I hope it does not lead to a succession of new "Viva Elvis" type productions which only water down the original artistry.......add water to anything over and over and eventually all you have water with a slight taste of something else-that you can't quite make out!
I applaud your enthusiasum for these new things, but just do not agree with your perception of what it does for Elvis's legacy.......in the long run.
Call me more a purist-the originals must be good-they are what started the revolution, you can not recreate a revolution.

Brian Quinn
09-30-2010, 04:39 PM
This album is in Elvis's name, his likeness-"but it is not from Elvis" he had no creative imput in this album. Just as any project using his vocals which alters from the originals since he died.
My friend we will have to disagree!
In your opinion-the new backing is what he should have had all along-that is a subjective opinion.
Aged musicians, and a plethora of backing groups?-Who produced the sound that "Elvis wanted" (and when they did not-he let them know it....or when the masters were altered from the sound he had signed off on)
The Memphis musicians on the 1969 sessions (who made recordings with many the top artists of the 60s and 70s)- were top notch.
You can not rewrite history-as I pointed out earlier the contemporary sound from contemporary musicians which you say are innovative-is also subjective to the time-the era in which you inhabit or speak about. Elvis could not have had this sound-in 1969 just as he could not have had the 1969 sound-in 1955 and that is true of every artist in every era.
As we have pointed out-this album was designed to fit the format of the "Viva Elvis" production-it was constructed for a certain feel, a certain flow, that Elvis had absolutely no say so in.
I hope it sells millions......but I hope it does not lead to a succession of new "Viva Elvis" type productions which only water down the original artistry.......add water to anything over and over and eventually all you have water with a slight taste of something else-that you can't quite make out!
I applaud your enthusiasum for these new things, but just do not agree with your perception of what it does for Elvis's legacy.......in the long run.
Call me more a purist-the originals must be good-they are what started the revolution, you can not recreate a revolution.

KPM,

I appreciate your comments. I agree with a lot of what you say, especially about the musicians on the Memphis sessions and the problem of time eras. The sound has improved greatly over the past 33 years. However, I still feel that Elvis at various times throughout his career did not have the backings he deserved and sometimes was crowded out by the vocal groups. For once in my life I would love to hear someone like ZZ Top backing Elvis on 'Steamroller Blues'. I think you will appreciate where I am coming from on this one. Personally I see nothing wrong with remixes as we will always have the originals in any case. It is interesting though how these remixes have created a schism within the ranks of the Elvis World. Hopefully, as you say, it will sell millions. We all want Elvis to be a success, even in death.

Brian

KPM
10-01-2010, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE=Brian Quinn;382090]KPM,

I appreciate your comments. I agree with a lot of what you say, especially about the musicians on the Memphis sessions and the problem of time eras. The sound has improved greatly over the past 33 years. However, I still feel that Elvis at various times throughout his career did not have the backings he deserved and sometimes was crowded out by the vocal groups. For once in my life I would love to hear someone like ZZ Top backing Elvis on 'Steamroller Blues'. I think you will appreciate where I am coming from on this one. Personally I see nothing wrong with remixes as we will always have the originals in any case. It is interesting though how these remixes have created a schism within the ranks of the Elvis World. Hopefully, as you say, it will sell millions. We all want Elvis to be a success, even in death.

Brian[/QUOTE
Personally I would prefer Eric Clapton;)
People have to remember except for some of the movie era soundtracks-Elvis ran his sessions, the backings and added vocal groups-were at his request, his idea for the sound he wanted. Considering that he is the biggest selling solo artist in the world.....or if you want to debate it lets say hes in the top 3 best world sellers.........his idea for the sound he wanted-was very very good.
Remixes cause problems for some of us-because of his lack of participation, just like colorizing black and white movies, or re-editing old films without the consent or contribution of the original creators. You do not repaint a classic painting, you don't change the smile from "Mona Lisa" into a frown IMO
Remixes used sparingly I agree with. But Sony has started down a slippery slope this last years since ALLC-more and more they look for the "gimmick" which will sell more product......I understand the corporate mentality, profit with low overhead.....they certainly have that with Elvis, no artist royaltees for most of his work, they have carte blanc to do as they wish. But just because you can do this-does not mean you always should. Frank Sinatra is a classic in music-I would very much doubt that they will mess very much with his originals....the respect for his work is too great...........................................at least I hope so.
We will alwasy have the original works of Elvis as you point out-but I also want the respect and appreciation to remain for those works.......by future fans and not for remixes.

Brian Quinn
10-05-2010, 04:57 AM
Duet with Elvis and Lisa Lois from the Dutch version of the 'Viva Elvis' Album

The song starts at 2:50:

http://www.alissia.nl/Lisa%20Lois%20in%20duet%20met%20Elvis..mp3

Brian

italianfan
10-05-2010, 05:30 AM
That was nice. Thanks for sharing.

Do you know if the different countrys have different versions, or does each duet basicly use the same backing music just with a different singer?

Shame the UK won't have a duet on the album. I wonder if this is due to the possibility of a future duets album?

steve grayson
10-05-2010, 06:00 PM
it seems that Love me Tender will be added in different country with their own female singer for a duet. Here in Quebec a canadian version of the Viva Elvis album wil included a duet with one of the top female performer, Mary May.
steve grasyson

Brian Quinn
10-06-2010, 07:06 AM
I have just heard that there will be 2 CD formats of 'Viva Elvis'. These will be as follows:

Format 1 - Single CD as already announced and

Format 2 (Double CD) - CD1 - Tracks as already announced.

CD2 - The original versions of the tracks.

I believe the 2 CD version to be about 1.25 more than the single version.

Brian

garydt
10-07-2010, 01:29 PM
I've requested radio 2 and other stations to play Suspicous Minds but no joy. Yet for the last 2 months Radio 2 has been playing robbie williams and barrlows' new single which is out this month. Suspicous Minds is out in 3 weeks but it's not even in radio 2 playlist! What's going on, Brian?
Radio 2's Ken Bruce has album of the week where he plays tracks from a newly released album all week. Will Viva Elvis be his album of the week when it's released, Brian?

Trelane P
10-07-2010, 02:05 PM
I was looking forward to the remix of It's Now Or Never that I heard on a youtube video included in the show which was brilliant but it's not on the tracklist :(

Tigerman1975
10-07-2010, 06:59 PM
it's a rippoff by Sony and Cirque. What happened to all the 40 some remixes they made? Something's not adding up with this info. :hmm:

Thats what it sounds like to me.

italianfan
10-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Here are the full versions of King Creole and Thats all Right.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI6EIr3zLK0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDdDw28WyFE&playnext=1&videos=rSirMgb88Zg&feature=mfu_in_order

vivaelvis
10-08-2010, 09:56 PM
This stuff is horrible and very amaturish to have been produced and mixed by so called "professionals". This is an embarrassment to Elvis' body of work. Oh and by the way, there's nothing contemporary about this album. The junk on the radio today is far superior to these remixes. It's so bad that they can't even get the tracks on radio. And I don't blam radio for not wanting to play them either. We as fans need to come to the realization that we will NEVER get the royal treatment with Elvis' catalog the way The Beatles or DStones or Michael Jackson all get. You'll never see those artists allow their music to be butcharded like they have Elvis'. Parker started it and Sony is just continuing it.(n)

T_J
10-16-2010, 04:37 AM
I believe the 2 CD version to be about 1.25 more than the single version.

Brian

A little more I think. Amazon has it for 14.99:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0046BPXEW?ie=UTF8&tag=clapopico0e-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1634&creativeASIN=B0046BPXEW

Is the 2 disc option restricted to the UK? I'm compiling my new releases page and can't find a US version.

Miss Clawdy
10-16-2010, 10:12 AM
After listening to the 30 second fragments on Amazon and the dutch duet...I can't say that I am much impressed.
I am afraid this will just ridicule Elvis once again. On most of the songs his voice is crowded out by backing groups and or musicians. The tempo of his singing sounds somehow wrong (either to slow or to fast, distorted or whatever...) and Lisa Lois is singing another tune on Love me tender...:blink:

My only hope is, that young Non-Elvis-Fans will like it as they don't know how great and powerful Elvis sounds, singing his original songs with his own arrangements...

SleepyJack
10-16-2010, 12:13 PM
The more I hear from this whole project the less likely it is becoming that I`d actually part with cash for it.This is just another gimmick on a long list of gimmicks. I `m actually hoping that it flops like a lead balloon to be honest...maybe it might help in some way to put an end to at least some of the rubbish that is being associated with Elvis nowadays.(n)

italianfan
10-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Does anyone know whats going on with this now?

Three weeks to go till the album is released. And is Suspicious Minds released next monday? I haven't heard anything about it.

I was expecting at least a few reviews popping up but so far nothing. I'm starting to doubt this album. I had real faith at the start but thats slowly fading.

Susian Boyle is tipped for number 1 the same week as Viva Elvis is released and shes currently number 1 on every pre-order chart. In the UK over the last week Viva Elvis is not even on the chart.

It will be very dissapointing if this album doesn't do well, and pretty embarrasing for SONY if after all the hype it flops.

What I don't understand is that back in January, the ELV75 album did well in the UK, and that was a 'best of' album. So why doesn't this 'new' album seem to be on the same lines? Considering the money put into it, and the respected names remixing it. Surely everyone should be going crazy over it?

I only hope things start happening next week to generate some interest a couple of weeks before release

KPM
10-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Today Billboard has an article on Viva Elvis and the Suspicious Minds single release you can view it at the Billboard website.

vivaelvis
10-18-2010, 09:49 PM
I am strongly convinced that this album won't even break the top 10 in the US let alone a #1 position as some were predicting. For starters, it's a hack job of a release and a poor selection of songs to go with it. RCA and SONY are about to find that out quickly when sales are way below their expectations. Although they will use it as some type of claim that Elvis no longer can sell music to cover their own a$$. (n)

SleepyJack
10-19-2010, 12:23 PM
That`s one of the worst things about projects like this...if they do fail it reflects badly on Elvis..even though he had nothing much to do with it really. I think it goes to show as well that really they don`t have much faith in Elvis` music to begin with...there`s usually some gimmick or novelty value involved somewhere along the line. I think they need to all sit down together..EPE,Sony...all the parties involved and get the whole thing in order once and for all.Like it or not what they each do has an effect on the other...whether it`s the poor,tacky merchandise or the poorly thought-out music projects. If the Elvis image hadn`t been so cheapened and ridiculed by all the dumb little plastic trinkets and ETA competitions there would be more respect and more demand for the music. All out of our control though I`m afraid!

italianfan
10-24-2010, 03:24 AM
Apparently, if played on a computer, there is video footage included on the CD. (read the small print on the red label)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uGmGQi7Qg-U/TMPYYpz5dsI/AAAAAAAAB9A/OSBHOACXQr0/s1600/1_20101023100053.jpg

vivaelvis
10-24-2010, 08:48 PM
The hack job done on this album is pitiful and an embarrassment to Elvis. SONY and RCA really f'd up on this one big time. If you want to hear a real remix then check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avuV5d0we6A&feature=related

goodelvisgirl
11-01-2010, 09:09 AM
glad to see them release another cd but unsure of the remixes but i do understand them trying to relate to a wider range of people especialy the younger generation like myself its dance music crazy here in the uk so who knows they may be a hit here

Brian Quinn
11-01-2010, 10:52 AM
How's this for a review of the 'Viva Elvis' album:

http://www.rockstarweekly.com/cd-review-elvis-presley-viva-elvis-the-album.html

Brian (y)

italianfan
11-05-2010, 05:23 AM
Just thought I'd mention Viva Elvis is currently number 23 on the amazon UK pre order chart. Also is around number 20 on the HMV pre order chart. It seems over the last week sales have gone up.

You never know, when the album's released on monday, sales might shoot through the roof and beat Susan Boyle to number one. personally, I haven't brought my copy yet but will on monday, and Ill be sure to buy a few copies from a few different places.

mn-designs
11-05-2010, 06:20 AM
I just finished listning to this new album (it's allready on sale here in Holland) and have to say it sounds awesome! very clever (re)mixing with lots of rare sound samples worked into the songs.