PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Morgue Visit

john carpenter
08-24-2010, 10:58 AM
I have a question for all TCB Members...I seem to remember a pic in the Gallery a few years back. It was Elvis visiting the morgue/hospital. His cousin had died..overdosed or drowned? Elvis was quite young in the pic & wearing a leather jacket i believe? I know i'm not imagining this..Anyone remember the pic? Could anyone find it? Thanks for any info..:clap:

Cliff
08-24-2010, 11:46 AM
I don't recall ever seeing a pic like this anywhere in my long priod of being an Elvis fan. I don't doubt this though because, as mentioned in "Elvis Whatever Happened", he had a morbid interest in embalming and mortuaries and would often sneak into these places.

sasha
08-24-2010, 12:34 PM
I've read this story in a couple of books. Not surprising if he went to see his cousin.
{It was a cousin that drowned} Never saw a picture, can't imagine why anyone would want one. I'm seen a few of my relatives in a hopital morgue.Have taken a few people to the morgue as well. Can't say it was a pleasant thing in either case.
{Not a "picture taking" moment .IMO}

Jimmy1966
08-24-2010, 01:18 PM
I Totally Agree With You.
I've read this story in a couple of books. Not surprising if he went to see his cousin.
{It was a cousin that drowned} Never saw a picture, can't imagine why anyone would want one. I'm seen a few of my relatives in a hopital morgue.Have taken a few people to the morgue as well. Can't say it was a pleasant thing in either case.
{Not a "picture taking" moment .IMO}

vegas 74
08-24-2010, 05:12 PM
I have a question for all TCB Members...I seem to remember a pic in the Gallery a few years back. It was Elvis visiting the morgue/hospital. His cousin had died..overdosed or drowned? Elvis was quite young in the pic & wearing a leather jacket i believe? I know i'm not imagining this..Anyone remember the pic? Could anyone find it? Thanks for any info..:clap:
This is the pic they talk about but it is not in the morgue..Elvis cousin Bobby was hit by a car outside of Graceland but was not killed,...Elvis and his uncle Travis (Bobby,s Farther) visited him in the Hostpital....Bobby died in 1968

rickb
08-25-2010, 05:23 AM
so the guy is still alive in that photo?
Nothing too bizarre about visiting morgues. My estranged in-laws run a funeral business - you get used to it.

May
08-25-2010, 06:34 AM
so the guy is still alive in that photo?
Nothing too bizarre about visiting morgues. My estranged in-laws run a funeral business - you get used to it.

I agree. It's not morbid, a little different I guess to what some people find interesting, but it's all part of life.

Joe Car
08-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Given how forensic science and tv shows have taken off, it shows that Elvis was ahead of his time!

May
08-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Good point!

john carpenter
08-25-2010, 09:42 PM
OMG!! Yes, that is it. I remember that it was called "Elvis visits the Morgue Somewhere? OOOPs Sorry..& Thank you for clearing that up.:doh:

john carpenter
08-25-2010, 09:43 PM
This is the pic they talk about but it is not in the morgue..Elvis cousin Bobby was hit by a car outside of Graceland but was not killed,...Elvis and his uncle Travis (Bobby,s Farther) visited him in the Hostpital....Bobby died in 1968

Thank you..I thought he was dead?:doh:

Elton
08-26-2010, 12:14 AM

It's amazing how things can get mixed ,up twisted around,and added to about a story!
i remember the lil game we would play as kids,when someone would whisper a short story into the next kids ear,only to have him repete what he heard to the next kid ect and when the last person tells out loud what was said ,it turns out very different than the tale told by the FIRST kid.

The vist to morgues is true enought,ELvis was always in the hight rate of learing!!

Thanks for keeping us stright,vegas

sasha
08-26-2010, 08:35 AM
And that is how "stories " get started .;)

It's amazing how things can get mixed ,up twisted around,and added to about a story!
i remember the lil game we would play as kids,when someone would whisper a short story into the next kids ear,only to have him repete what he heard to the next kid ect and when the last person tells out loud what was said ,it turns out very different than the tale told by the FIRST kid.

The vist to morgues is true enought,ELvis was always in the hight rate of learing!!

Thanks for keeping us stright,vegas

Lisarose
08-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Now this was quite interesting!
I do remember reading - was it EWH, Elvis taking Linda, the boys thought it
was quite - unhumorous, but Linda kept piping up in her sweet southern voice "uh, huh, that's interesting, Elvis"
That painted quite a picture for me!

mistymorning
08-28-2010, 06:30 AM

Wow !!!!! you are really informative ! what a rare shot ! I've never seen that before !:notworthy

mistymorning
08-28-2010, 06:33 AM
I don't recall ever seeing a pic like this anywhere in my long priod of being an Elvis fan. I don't doubt this though because, as mentioned in "Elvis Whatever Happened", he had a morbid interest in embalming and mortuaries and would often sneak into these places.

I'm interested too but not allowed to visit such places !

mistymorning
08-28-2010, 06:35 AM
Now this was quite interesting!
I do remember reading - was it EWH, Elvis taking Linda, the boys thought it
was quite - unhumorous, but Linda kept piping up in her sweet southern voice "uh, huh, that's interesting, Elvis"
That painted quite a picture for me!
I wish he could take me too !:D

Cliff
08-28-2010, 07:00 AM
I'm interested too but not allowed to visit such places !

Don't worry Shania. I think it would be dead boring !! :lol:

mistymorning
08-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Don't worry Shania. I think it would be dead boring !! :lol:

Not If I could go there with Elvis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:lol: