PDA

View Full Version : bad nauheim

Erik van den Berg
06-11-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm leaving for a short holiday to germany and goingh 1 day to bad nauheim. I was wondering if some of you could help me with info about Elvis related places I must have seen before going home... is there a special Elvis map of bad nauheim ...???

I know about Hotel Grunewald, Burgerporte, Gutestrasse, and the bridge...

Hope I can find it all...

I hope someone can help me...

Greetz,
Erik van den Berg

kenny
06-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi Erik, long time no see ;-)

I know Pål Granlund was over there in Germany a few years ago, i sent him your question and maybe he can give you somthing ;-)

Erik van den Berg
06-12-2010, 01:20 AM
Hi Erik, long time no see ;-)

I know Pål Granlund was over there in Germany a few years ago, i sent him your question and maybe he can give you somthing ;-)

That would be great Kenny... !!!
thank you for your help... it would be great if I could find some elvis related places...!!!

Greetz,
Erik

Sonny
06-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Tourist info has small maps that will help you find your way around Erik.
They also have other Elvis goodies you might like.

And find the small toyshop on the street called Pallisaden, the main road through Bad Nauheim. Ask the older man when he is in the store about Elvis. He will have a nice story for you, like he did for me.

I bet you will love it there.

Sonny

Erik van den Berg
06-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Thank you Sonny,

I will try to meet this man... Hope he can tell me the same story he told you.

It's strange Bad nauheim is a 6 hour trip from my house in Holland and I haven't been there yet. Graceland is a 8 hour flyed and I been there 2 years ago...

Lisarose
06-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Sounds like you're going to have a great trip, And I want to hear the story!

Only a 6 hour drive from Holland to Germany? I've got to learn my geography!

desertstorm77
06-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Hi Erik,

You will be very surprised by how much eveythings is so close to each other. The house is a short walk across the road from the bridge,the grunewald is 7 minutes from the house also,i have been 5 times so far and loved it,it is like time has stopped there and elvis is everywere!

at the grunewald you have too stay there but very hard to get into,so just say your on business and not an elvis fan the woman is still there who opened the door too elvis,once your in wow its a treasure trove of elvis everything is original,i stayed in red wests room,direct opposite elvis' room and on the same level is minnie mae's room with the original wire flex from the cooker she had installed.........
enjoy

Erik van den Berg
06-14-2010, 01:31 AM
Itīs great to get some help from people who has been there...
I will go to the Hotel Grunewald and try to get in... thatīs for sure...!!!
I also found some pictures Elvis is playing footbal but I donīt know where this is... the old tower of bad nauheim is in the far background and Siegrid Schutz is with him that day... Canīt find the picture on the internet...

I hope the trip is what I expect to be after the great stories ot this thread...

THX...

Erik van den Berg
06-14-2010, 01:47 AM
found it...
http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/data/39/army_874703.jpg

http://static.live-like-a-german.com/images/vp_100_itin_603lgs_2_450px-bad_nauheim_turm_gradierwerk.jpg

Erik van den Berg
06-14-2010, 04:41 AM
found this interessting link:
http://lauracashionphotography.wordpress.com/2008/02/17/following-elvis-bad-nauheim-germany/