PDA

View Full Version : ALOHA BLU- RAY IN AUGUST

Erhan
04-02-2010, 02:43 AM
Do you want to buy Elvis Aloha From Hawaii Blu-Ray Format in this August again?

frame corrected (Zoom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Nw0r2Uy34

monk37
04-03-2010, 10:48 AM
nope

I am happy with the deluxe set of regular DVDs, it plays nicely in my blu ray player

they need to stop reissuing the same stuff - and that goes beyond Elvis - I am tired of buying a movie and then a few months later, there's a deluxe or fancier version

It astonishes me that the studios wonder why there's piracy

Erhan
04-03-2010, 04:15 PM
nope

I am happy with the deluxe set of regular DVDs, it plays nicely in my blu ray player

they need to stop reissuing the same stuff - and that goes beyond Elvis - I am tired of buying a movie and then a few months later, there's a deluxe or fancier version

It astonishes me that the studios wonder why there's piracy
if it will contain concerts with all angles options, stage preparation, backstage footages, tcb band and rehearsal footages ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Nw0r2Uy34

nolvis
04-03-2010, 06:06 PM
That would be interesting Erhan.I have the deluxe '68 and Aloha dvd's.:king:

monk37
04-03-2010, 11:22 PM
the aloha deluxe set had the rehearsal show and arrival and extra footage shot for the US broadcast

Considering it was a live recorded show, there may not be extra angles - usually the director of a show will have several camera and will pick on the spot from shots - but only the camera that is the broadcast one is recorded

they didn't film the show and then edit it for broadcast - it's not like for TTWIT or EOT which was filmed for later editing by multiple cameras

maybe for the rehearsal, but really, I find the other angles a bit dubious a benefit

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-04-2010, 12:45 AM
I agree there is only so many times you can buy this footage before it becomes a bridge too far. I would buy a new version if there was anything that we hadn't seen before but I just don't think there is anything of real consequence that is out there. I have the the deluxe version and other than a few tracks missing which I have elsewhere I really don't think I'm missing out, the songs remain the same and I have several albums with varying degrees of sound quality.

As for Blu-Ray, I have yet to see the quality that you see in more modern feature films, I realise the footage is close to 40 years old so I just don't think it would be that much better than the deluxe version I have. I have a top of the range TV and DVD system so I just don't think it will offer me anything that I don't already have.

If someone can post jaw dropping quality, then maybe I can be persuaded :blush:

my boy
04-04-2010, 01:19 AM
What about the Hilton Hotel press conference added in Blu-ray quality ,the one where Elvis is wearing the white suit. I'd buy ALOHA again for that. I'm sure there would be a slight improvement not only in the picture, but also the sound which is enhanced on Blu-rays too!

Erhan
04-04-2010, 04:23 AM
the aloha deluxe set had the rehearsal show and arrival and extra footage shot for the US broadcast

Considering it was a live recorded show, there may not be extra angles - usually the director of a show will have several camera and will pick on the spot from shots - but only the camera that is the broadcast one is recorded

they didn't film the show and then edit it for broadcast - it's not like for TTWIT or EOT which was filmed for later editing by multiple cameras

maybe for the rehearsal, but really, I find the other angles a bit dubious a benefit

They have extra angels thats why they did the delux set I know every second of all aloha show I'm not talking about "the rehearsal concert" " rehearsal concert" is concert not rehearsal.

monk37
04-04-2010, 10:25 AM
I find that press conference a bit painful to watch, he seems so stoned

Erhan
04-04-2010, 11:04 AM

Actually he was not stoned he just woke up for that thats why he was groggy Marty Lacker told the story of this day in AEk forum...

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Actually he was not stoned he just woke up for that thats why he was groggy Marty Lacker told the story of this day in AEk forum...

Apparently he didn't know what time the interview was and had already taken some sleeping medication. Which ever way you slice it he doesn't look good, this should have been postponed until Elvis was in a position to gather himself together. Fortunately this isn't common footage and non fans wouldn't look for it.

monk37
04-04-2010, 05:56 PM
I think there's a big difference between groggy and stoned

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-04-2010, 08:24 PM

Agreed, slurring you words doesn't indicate sleepy .

Tony Trout
04-05-2010, 12:53 AM

It's because he is.....sleeping meds.

Actually he was not stoned he just woke up for that that's why he was groggy Marty Lacker told the story of this day in AEk forum...

Marty is fooling himself if he thinks that Elvis wasn't out of it/stoned during this press conference. The slurring of Elvis's words is a dead giveaway of sleeping pills. Why people continue to deny that he was stoned during this conference is beyond me....

Apparently he didn't know what time the interview was and had already taken some sleeping medication. Which ever way you slice it he doesn't look good, this should have been postponed until Elvis was in a position to gather himself together. Fortunately this isn't common footage and non fans wouldn't look for it.

I'm guessing he did know but Parker had already stupidly scheduled the interview. I blame this whole mess on him - not Elvis - although, Elvis could've declined to do the interview - which is what he should have done.

There is....I don't think too many people slur their words when they're groggy.....

my boy
04-05-2010, 01:15 AM
He just sounds tired to me and he had just came off stage. Elvis was still doing two shows a day at that time I believe, add the time of the conference and it all adds up.

Elvis was only human like all of us and we all get tired sometimes; Elvis had more reason than most because of his workload.

I would love to see the footage cleaned up in Blu-ray quality – that would be fantastic on a Blu-ray ALOHA release!

lvs2day
04-06-2010, 08:32 AM
in all honesty i will get the blu ray version just because its the new media , but i wish they would be honest and smart and release stuff that we havn't had in rehashes for years and years.

Unchained Melody
04-06-2010, 08:41 AM
People some have different opinions about what being stoned really is. I don't see or have heard people say "Hey, lets go get stoned on some sleeping pills".

Cut the guy a break, he was tired, from doing 2 sometimes 3 shows a day for 5 or 6 weeks.

I'm sorry, but when I read a post like Tony Trouts, and the word "Stoned" appears so often is a little agitating.

nolvis
04-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the info about Elvis having just woke up Erhan!!!

nolvis
04-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Right on Bradley!!!!!

Erhan
04-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the info about Elvis having just woke up Erhan!!!
Tony believe what you want to believe but as Bradley told us He was clean he woke up without useing wake up pills he had midnight show that mean show start after 00:00 imagine when he can go to bed they woke him up after few hours later. anyway what was the subject ? :)

Tony Trout
04-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Brad and Erhan,

Sorry but...a person who is under the influence of heavy medication does slur their words if they've had too much...trust me, sadly, I know this from first-hand experience because I've taken more than my share of prescribed painkillers due to having cerebral palsy.

Teddy
04-08-2010, 02:38 AM
I wouldn't recommend that any fans go to the trouble and expense of buying a blu-ray player specifically for the chance to experience Elvis on this format.
The main advantage of blu-ray technology is that it allows a much larger amount of data to be stored on the usual CD-sized disc.
This is good news for the reproduction of content which has been filmed using HD technology, but if we're just talking about a 'high-definition transfer' from a source which is well over 30 years old, there is a very definite 'ceiling' in terms of how much the quality is able to improve.
The ironic thing is, the vastly increased storage capacity of blu-ray would enable an enormous amount of extra features and previously unseen content to be added to an Elvis On Tour release, for example, but it looks like that isn't happening, and as for Aloha, there's nothing more to see beyond what's already out there.
At least EOT was shot on film, which means there's room to improve, since it can benefit more noticeably from a well-executed HD transfer- but I think Aloha was shot to video, and blu-ray is unlikely to afford us anything better than the good remastered quality we already have on the most recent DVD releases.

Tony Trout
04-08-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm sorry, but when I read a post like Tony Trouts, and the word "Stoned" appears so often is a little agitating.

If my posts/truths about Elvis being stoned during this press conference and the one on November 20, 1972 seem to me a little agitating, then don't read them and put me on 'Ignore".

Unchained Melody
04-09-2010, 07:35 AM
No reason to do something that drastic Tony.

I think that fans just simply just jump the gun to quickly when judging Elvis from the 70's, most have a outlook that Elvis was doped up everyday of his life til the end, I am sorry but I disagree with that completely, as I do about Elvis being "stoned" during this 1972 press conference...just difference of opinion..

Tony Trout
04-09-2010, 08:06 AM
No reason to do something that drastic Tony.

I think that fans just simply just jump the gun to quickly when judging Elvis from the 70's, most have a outlook that Elvis was doped up everyday of his life til the end, I am sorry but I disagree with that completely, as I do about Elvis being "stoned" during this 1972 press conference...just difference of opinion..

And I disagree with your opinion because if you can't see that he's clearly out of it then.....

The fact is that he was 'overmedicated' at both press converences and I'm sure that if Getlo were here, he would also agree with me. Elvis's own cousin, Billy Smith, has admitted that Elvis had stuff in him almost constantly in the 70s so....

Anyone who can't see the truth when it's in front of their eyes...well....

I'm outta here...maybe for good...I don't feel like arguing about something like this when it's been already proven time and time again that he was, in fact, under the influence...I'm under a ton of stress right now (financial problems) and I don't need anymore un-needed stress on me.

Unchained Melody
04-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Tony I don't disagree with you that Elvis almost always had something in him in the 70's, what I said was I don't believe he was "doped up" all the time in that era that was all, I think theres a big difference. We've all been down that road when discussing this issue regarding Elvis, I just don't see the point to beat it to death time and time again. I'm sorry to hear your having problems, don't take it that way, your honesty is appreciated I just get defensive when it comes to sticking up for Elvis thats all.

Brian
04-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Tony I don't disagree with you that Elvis almost always had something in him in the 70's, what I said was I don't believe he was "doped up" all the time in that era that was all, I think theres a big difference. We've all been down that road when discussing this issue regarding Elvis, I just don't see the point to beat it to death time and time again. I'm sorry to hear your having problems, don't take it that way, your honesty is appreciated I just get defensive when it comes to sticking up for Elvis thats all.

Tony is right Elvis was a little ''medicine'' for the Aloha Press conference.

People that are sober don't slur their words the way he was doing that particular day.