PDA

View Full Version : the hall of gold

lvs2day
03-13-2010, 08:43 AM
many times durring the years that i have gone to GRACELAND i have halted and spent the longest time in the trophy room and hall of gold just because it is just amazing, and a true monument and reminder to any entertainer that ELVIS AARON PRESLEY was and still is the greatest of all time in the history of music and the recorded voice. I wonder if he ever spent any time walking that hall and knew just how great he truly was , man i can't believe that some people out there diss him when it comes to music and being a genious especially when he proved this with this awesome display of accolades that no other artist can compare to, are you ever in awe of the hall of gold?

debtdbruno
03-13-2010, 10:37 AM
great statement and feelings there

vivaelvis
03-13-2010, 02:20 PM
I believe it was mentioned by one of the guys in the Mafia once that while he was on tour Vernon had the awards building developed from an indor gocart area and that Elvis walked in there then walked out. It was way too overwhelming for him to take in.

KPM
03-13-2010, 02:57 PM
I think that Elvis was probably impressed with his first gold records and then as he got more and more-they were less special-matter of fact.
I noticed when he got the gold record for the Madison Square Garden album he seemed more impressed because it happened so quick.
But like most things in life-when it happens fairly often, you get used to it, it is less special. IMO

vivaelvis
03-13-2010, 03:02 PM
I think that Elvis was probably impressed with his first gold records and then as he got more and more-they were less special-matter of fact.
I noticed when he got the gold record for the Madison Square Garden album he seemed more impressed because it happened so quick.
But like most things in life-when it happens fairly often, you get used to it, it is less special. IMO

I agree. I think he accomplished the unthinkable as an entertainer and recording artist that it no longer was of interest to him. Kind of how he lost interest in recording Rock music after 69. By 75 he seemed burnt out on the music industry altogether.

Jailhouse Rock
03-15-2010, 01:44 AM
The last two times this year I went to Graceland and saw hall of gold I get chills down my spine it is very cool place to go and would reccomded it to any Elvis fan to see. Just walking down the lines and seeing and reading all and what all records mean and which albums/songs they were from is very neat, I enjoy seeing them.

monk37
03-15-2010, 07:29 PM
yes, the hall of gold was amazing to see

I am still sad that the roll of film I saved for that didn't wind through the camera. (1987)

asian1
03-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Does anybody know how many total gold/platinum awards there are in the hall of gold for his albums and singles?