PDA

View Full Version : Always be careful...

Polk-Salad-Annie
03-02-2010, 02:08 PM
http://www.elvismatters.com/nieuws/afbeeldingen/thumbnails/1_20100228104928.jpg

For sale at the same auction where the 3D pictures of Elvis are being offered is this "exclusive wire picture" of Elvis, Priscilla and Lisa Marie.
No doubt that not-so-bright fans will fall for this trick and indeed regard the picture as a rarity, while in reality it's a home made photoshop product.
The original picture in color is the one on the right.

http://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=4106&searchby=3&searchvalue=elvis&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=ALL&category=1

Source: ElvisMatters, februari 28th 2010

presley31
03-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I think it's only common sense this is a fake but there are fans who would buy it anyway.

Polk-Salad-Annie
03-02-2010, 02:26 PM
I think it's only common sense this is a fake but there are fans who would buy it anyway.
There are Elvis fans that would everything, as long it has the name ELVIS on it

elvia7
03-03-2010, 04:59 AM

Yes, Rik you right and it's very sad, because many person (Priscilla, specially)
make everything for sale HIS NAME!:'((n)(n)

presley31
03-03-2010, 06:20 AM
Yes, Rik you right and it's very sad, because many person (Priscilla, specially)
make everything for sale HIS NAME!:'((n)(n)

priscilla wouldn't get fake pictures done to make money on elvis name.

Tony Trout
03-03-2010, 06:38 AM
http://www.elvismatters.com/nieuws/afbeeldingen/thumbnails/1_20100228104928.jpg

For sale at the same auction where the 3D pictures of Elvis are being offered is this "exclusive wire picture" of Elvis, Priscilla and Lisa Marie.
No doubt that not-so-bright fans will fall for this trick and indeed regard the picture as a rarity, while in reality it's a home made PhotoShop product.
The original picture in color is the one on the right.

http://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=4106&searchby=3&searchvalue=elvis&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=ALL&category=1

Source: ElvisMatters, februari 28th 2010

This is true - even very well-meaning fans who claim to know everything about Elvis. As long as it has the name, they'll be gullible.

priscilla wouldn't get fake pictures done to make money on elvis name.

But there have been fake pictures of her made (I can think of one racy picture especially) that has/have had Elvis's name on them/it.

presley31
03-03-2010, 06:44 AM
This is true - even very well-meaning fans who claim to know everything about Elvis. As long as it has the name, they'll be gullible.

But there have been fake pictures of her made (I can think of one racy picture especially) that has/have had Elvis's name on them/it.

Not saying there hasn't but priscilla wouldn't get them done but some fans making money off of them. Yes she making lots of money from elvis name but selling fake elvis pictures..that's just plan silly.

Tony Trout
03-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Not saying there hasn't but Priscilla wouldn't get them done but some fans making money off of them. Yes she making lots of money from Elvis' name but selling fake elvis pictures..that's just plan silly.

I agree, Jen.

elvia7
03-03-2010, 06:58 AM

My boy! My boy!!!
Tony, almost every ELVIS fan know what Priscilla capable of doing for money.

presley31
03-03-2010, 07:00 AM
My boy! My boy!!!
Tony, almost every ELVIS fan know what Priscilla capable of doing for money.

Priscilla has enough money that she doesn't need fake pictures done and than sell them on places like ebay.

debtdbruno
03-03-2010, 11:42 AM
I all fairness it does say that it is 3 separate pics 'cut and pasted together'............

See See Rider
03-03-2010, 04:00 PM
The seller does disclose the truth about this picture.

Elvis Presley is shown here in this 8 x 10 black and white original wire photograph with wife Priscilla and daughter Lisa Marie. The photograph is made up of three separate images that have been cut out and pasted together. It's attached to a 8.5 x 12 cardboard with the wire stamp on the verso.

hounddog
03-03-2010, 11:06 PM
As long as the seller is being truthful which they are, i don't see what wrong with this. To me it's no different than buying any Elvis (drawn, collaged, etc) artwork.