PDA

View Full Version : I was at Elvis The Concert last night

maxiefields
02-28-2010, 01:25 PM
I was at Elvis the Concert ,London, Wembley last night ,and I must say I thought it was Fantastic.The Tcb band were great,the whole thing was so well done and the atmosphere of the crowd really added to experience .(my wife said she never seen me have a smile on my face for so long)If you have a chance believe me go ,you'll have a great night.
:P:P:P

Polk-Salad-Annie
03-01-2010, 02:33 AM
I was at the Elvis Concert in Rotterdam together with my wife.
We had a wonderful time that night.

Here is the opening of the Elvis Concert in Rotterdam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7LxNVcBajA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7LxNVcBajA

KPM
03-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Glad you enjoyed the show-also nice to hear the band sounded so good!

Jumpsuit Junkie
03-07-2010, 05:09 PM
I was at the Elvis concert last night, it was really good to see Ronnie Tutt and James Burton on stage. I will give a better overview when I have had some shut eye.

Here is a clip..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__9obs5dqeQ

Tommy
03-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Thank you very much, this is great, I am so glad you got to go. (y)

TCBDavid
03-08-2010, 06:38 AM
i saw it back in birmingham this tour....was great, i dont think it the best i have seen it but its always fantastic....gettting to shake james burtons hand at the end made my day though

Jumpsuit Junkie
03-08-2010, 07:58 AM
I have to say that there were definitely highs and lows in the show, although the second act of the show made up for a slow start in the first act. I don't know if it was because the show was starting to feel a little jaded being that Liverpool was the penultimate performance in a 14 date tour or you have to factor in the age of the original band members but the first act was a little sluggish and classic songs like Johnny B Goode and That's Alright were a little off pace. My friend and I were sat near the front so we could see the band close up so we saw who was giving it there all!

Ronnie Tutt has still got the pace as he plays like a whirling dervish, James Burton has slowed a little but not so much that he couldn't play some of his trade mark intro's. The sweet inspirations are definitely feeling the strain, of the three there, there was only one of them pulling out all the stops, the others look like they need a vacation.

The intro to the show has Google earth zooming in on Liverpool and then a close up shot of the Arena and the shows Elvis in the corridors heading to the stage, this then leads to a life size Elvis on a screen on the stage walking on, this was a ice touch.

See See Rider lets us know the King is on stage, Ronnie, James and Glen are the highlights here and are in focus on the smaller screens on either side of the larger Elvis screen, straight into the next song the band are warming to Burning Love and then the pace slows down to Steamroller Blues this gets the crowd going but the pace seems to get lost a little here, I can't Stop Loving You is off the mark and so is Johnny B Goode it feels like the band aren't keeping up with Elvis and it takes them a little while to get back on their game. You Gave Me A Mountain is great and the band manage to hit the right pace and emotion, unfortunately the rest of act one feels a little flat until they get to How Great Thou Art & In The Ghetto which are better. If I Can Dream is a nice ending to the first act

Highlights for the first act were:-
Steamroller Blues
You Gave Me A Mountain
Sweet, Sweet Spirit Performed by the Imperials

The second act was like a different show, the guys came on stage and looked more invigorated. Sweet Inspiration was performed by the Sweet Inspirations they came alive during this segment and then faded into the background again.

The crowd came alive when Trouble came on and was an obvious crowd pleaser, this made way to a great Polk Salad Annie and the crowd were now clearly being entertained, the pace slowed during You Don't Have To Say You Love Me and picked up to a great Mystery Train/Tigerman my one complaint for this song was the footage shown from 'That's The Way It Is' was grainy and a little off putting. The band moved next to an outstanding performance of Bridge Over Troubled Water which was the stand out performance of the night for me. The Wonder Of You had large sections of the crowd on their feet waving their hands, the band were hitting their stride and Suspicious Minds had the audience whistling, dancing and cheering, the pace slowed once again to I'll Remember You which showed clips of Elvis throughout his career. What Now My Love is a great ballad and links well into Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On.

The crowd Join in to A Big Hunk O' Love but are up on their feet again for My Way and join in with the singing. An American Trilogy has the crowd going wild with hands waving in the air and people singing at the top of their voices.

Can't Help Falling In Love started and the crowd knows what that means, by this time everyone had loosened up and were enjoying the show, when the closing vamp started the band were giving the finishing touches to a great second act, the tannoy announced that Elvis had left the building and for one brief second it felt that this is how it would have been back in the 70's...

Highlights of the second act were:-
What Now My Love
An American Trilogy

Elvis the Concert gives you a small flavour of what it would have been like to have seen Elvis live, but you certainly get the impression that these guys although still great musicians have passed their 70's peak. The Show would almost certainly have changed had Elvis been alive and putting Elvis on the screen at his peak somehow lets you know that the guys in the band struggle to meet a man in his peak when they are all 35 plus years older.

There are still moments that make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end and there are moments when you get a lump in your throat, so I still recommend that if you get the chance to see the show you MUST GO but I would still give my right arm to have seen the King in person.

Tommy
03-08-2010, 08:51 AM
There are still moments that make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end and there are moments when you get a lump in your throat, so I still recommend that if you get the chance to see the show you MUST GO but I would still give my right arm to have seen the King in person.

I agree with this. (y)(y)

Thank you very, very much for the great commentary Matt. (y)

I wish the show would come to the US.

Diane
03-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Thank you for the video Polk-Salad-Annie and thank you Matt for your video and commentary.(y)

Diane

rebby
03-10-2010, 12:59 PM
i was at the show in glasgow on saturday! it was an amazing experience! ( i went to the last tour they did) and i have to say i think they have managed to improve on the amazing tour from last time!

it was really amazing and , sadly the closest we will get to an elvis concert... i think i spent the whole day after with a smile on face! WONDERFUL . you really felt like he was there! :)

ph10579
03-10-2010, 02:27 PM
This show needs to come to the U.S. asap!!!

Angeline69
03-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Great commentary from Matt(y). I saw the show in Paris on March 9th.

Jungleroom76
03-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks so much for the review Matt and for the video PSA....that was FANTASTIC to see!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

bert peters
03-15-2010, 02:56 PM
rotterdam ahoy was great 10.000 people a sold out arena the king elvis