PDA

View Full Version : charlie hodge

lvs2day
01-09-2010, 07:50 AM
anyone know how long after ELVIS death charlie lived at graceland's apartment above garage- i had heard that he was single for many yeras durring ELVIS lifetime and after and that vernon abrubtly had charlie leave a year after his death yet he was at the always ELVIS convention in 78 with vernon?

TotallyInsane
01-09-2010, 08:13 AM
He was there for almost a year. He didn't live above the garage. He had a room off of the kitchen.

U.S. Male
01-09-2010, 08:15 AM
I believe that Vernon is the one who kicked him out??? Is that right?

monk37
01-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Vernon let Charlie stay on to do security for the graves

when Vernon found out that Charlie was restarting his own performance career in local venues

Vernon kicked Charlie out - it was less than a year

Vernon also gave all the Smith relatives the heave ho

but his sister Delta and their mother continued to live there.

Delta was the last Presley to die and she's buried in Forest Lawn where Gladys and Elvis were originally buried

Apparently, Elvis didn't want to be buried, which is why he had a tomb, but the move to Graceland - there wasn't the money or time to build one, so Elvis and Gladys were buried - it was Vernon who determined the placement and it was planned for him and Dodger to also be buried there.

When I was there in 1987, there was space for 2 more graves in addition to the 4, but more recent photos do not indicate that space - I guess they expanded the walkway area

in Nancy Rook's book (where the burial information comes from) she also said that Delta would drunkly decend on the fans on the early tours and scream at them to get out of her house.

She was still living there in 87 when I toured it, but we didn't get to see that.

lvs2day
01-10-2010, 03:49 AM
He was there for almost a year. He didn't live above the garage. He had a room off of the kitchen.

this is incorrect as the bedroom he had moved out to the apartment over the garage- vernon later gave thta room to aunt delta.

lvs2day
01-10-2010, 03:52 AM
Vernon let Charlie stay on to do security for the graves

when Vernon found out that Charlie was restarting his own performance career in local venues

Vernon kicked Charlie out - it was less than a year

Vernon also gave all the Smith relatives the heave ho

but his sister Delta and their mother continued to live there.

Delta was the last Presley to die and she's buried in Forest Lawn where Gladys and Elvis were originally buried

Apparently, Elvis didn't want to be buried, which is why he had a tomb, but the move to Graceland - there wasn't the money or time to build one, so Elvis and Gladys were buried - it was Vernon who determined the placement and it was planned for him and Dodger to also be buried there.

When I was there in 1987, there was space for 2 more graves in addition to the 4, but more recent photos do not indicate that space - I guess they expanded the walkway area

in Nancy Rook's book (where the burial information comes from) she also said that Delta would drunkly decend on the fans on the early tours and scream at them to get out of her house.

She was still living there in 87 when I toured it, but we didn't get to see that. charlie was still employed with the estate a year later as i met him again in 78 at the always ELVIS convention, so i'm thinking it had to be some time after 78- charlie never talked about this after ELVIS death nor vernons not even in his book or at 2 conventions that i attended.

TotallyInsane
01-10-2010, 07:11 AM
this is incorrect as the bedroom he had moved out to the apartment over the garage- vernon later gave thta room to aunt delta.

It is too correct - I saw the bedroom he was living in back in 12/78.

mistymorning
01-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Apparently, Elvis didn't want to be buried, which is why he had a tomb, but the move to Graceland - there wasn't the money or time to build one, so Elvis and Gladys were buried - it was Vernon who determined the placement and it was planned for him and Dodger to also be buried there

Monk 37 can you please explain about this a little more ?!! I didn't know Elvis didn't want to be buried , then what was his wish ?!!! Has he spoken about this matter some where or with some one ?!!