PDA

View Full Version : Did Elvis sing "Wooden heart" before "G I Blues"?

Nicole Presley
01-09-2010, 01:27 AM
My grandpa once said somthing like Elvis would have sang it when he was in the army. I didnīt believe it until yesterday. Yesterday they were talking about Elvis on the radio & they played a part from "Wooden heart", but that wasnīt the take I know. It was a version where Elvis started laughing. Was that the army version? And is it possible that I can listen to it somewhere in the internet? I hate it when someone knows something about Elvis that I donīt.

Genie
01-09-2010, 01:57 AM
My grandpa once said somthing like Elvis would have sang it when he was in the army. I didnīt believe it until yesterday. Yesterday they were talking about Elvis on the radio & they played a part from "Wooden heart", but that wasnīt the take I know. It was a version where Elvis started laughing. Was that the army version? And is it possible that I can listen to it somewhere in the internet? I hate it when someone knows something about Elvis that I donīt.

Honey I can't really remember if Elvis sang this song before G. I. Blues, seems they were in the same film?
Anyway here is a you tube link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTwjR-B--zo:flowers:

Sonny
01-09-2010, 07:47 AM
That version is just another take from the original GI Blues sessions Nicole.

Elvis did not sing it before GI Blues.

Nicole Presley
01-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Okay, thanks. :)

Elvos77
01-10-2010, 05:59 AM
He could have sung it as Muss I denn maybe, as it was allready written by Bert Keampfert,later I guess it was tailor made for the movie and changed into Wooden Heart.

Lisarose
01-10-2010, 09:19 AM
(y) I know what you mean, I do believe it was a song for the movie.
In my opinion - If he heard it in Germany while in the Army - he'd have heard it in the German language - don't know that it would have appealed to him then since he wouldn't have understood it - again, just my opinion.