PDA

View Full Version : A Minnesota Moment

Elvis.com
01-06-2010, 10:50 AM
A Minnesota Moment will be released on February 15, 2010. It features Elvis’ live performance on October 17, 1976 at Metropolitan Sports Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Bonus songs are from Dayton and Sioux Falls...

Link To Original Article (http://www.elvisnews.com/news.aspx/a-minnesota-moment/12322)

Jungleroom76
01-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Hmmmm...ANOTHER '76 show?? :doh:

Well at least they picked a tour that was generally a good one this time...let's just hope the Minneapolis performance itself was a good one. :hmm:

I have to say though that I like the cover art that is posted with the article. A little different but very cool looking. (y)

TCB!
Mike

rockin
01-06-2010, 02:21 PM
I like the cover myself as well Jungleroom
I think it is very 70'ish and it gives it that feeling
I love the idea of getting any elvis concert that i do not have yet in my collection
so this is very welcomed

keep up the great work FTD

Rockin

U.S. Male
01-06-2010, 03:31 PM
The April release will be a 2cd Classic Album.....PLEASE....PLEASE.....LET IT BE PROMISED LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

As for another soundboard recorded cd from 1976, kind of mixed feelings - on one hand I wish they'd at least chosen another year (say 72,73, or even 77), but on the other hand ....hey, as Mike mentioned it was a pretty good tour - way much better than those in the summer of 76, so I'll be pulling out the check book In Feb :lmfao:

Jungleroom76
01-06-2010, 05:07 PM
The April release will be a 2cd Classic Album.....PLEASE....PLEASE.....LET IT BE PROMISED LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Right there with you on that one pal!!! (y)

As for another soundboard recorded cd from 1976, kind of mixed feelings - on one hand I wish they'd at least chosen another year (say 72,73, or even 77), but on the other hand ....hey, as Mike mentioned it was a pretty good tour - way much better than those in the summer of 76...

Even though FTD is releasing another '76 show, they could have at least held on to the Minnesota show and released a show that wasn't from '76 first, then gone back to the Minnesota show... :hmm:

...so I'll be pulling out the check book In Feb :lmfao:

YOU??? Pull out the check book in February??? Be sure to dust it off good first!!! :lmfao:

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
01-06-2010, 05:08 PM
I love the idea of getting any elvis concert that i do not have yet in my collection
so this is very welcomed

Oh, I agree completely rockin'! Any new show is a good release, but I am just saying that perhaps they could have focused on another concert from another year first and then gone back to this Minnesota '76 show. That way they aren't releasing so many '76 shows all in a row.

But I certainly am with you rockin' that any new show to add to the collection is a good release!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Getlo
01-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Yaaaaaaawn ....

Pass.

rockin
01-06-2010, 07:35 PM
I was lookin at the soundboard releases and it appears to me that this one might b the last one of '76 if they continue with the thought of releasing one concert from every tour
So mayb this was there way of getting '76 out of the way lol

then they could focus on mayb '75 ashville which is my prayer and of course Promised Land

Here s to praying lol

U.S. Male
01-06-2010, 08:42 PM
I was lookin at the soundboard releases and it appears to me that this one might b the last one of '76 if they continue with the thought of releasing one concert from every tour
So mayb this was there way of getting '76 out of the way lol

then they could focus on mayb '75 ashville which is my prayer and of course Promised Land

Here s to praying lol

Well they still are yet to release something from the March 76 tour plus there's the Lake Tahoe and Las Vegas engagements from 76 that haven't seen a release yet.

However , I heard they might not have any sb tapes from any of the hotel shows in the vaults from 76? Perhaps when Joe Tunzi's Elvis Sessions IV is released it'll have a more accurate list of what sb tapes Sony/FTD have on hand? :hmm:

Elvis.com
01-07-2010, 04:20 AM
Here is the tracklist of the upcoming FTD CD, A Minnesota Moment:

<ol> Also Sprach Zarathustra
See See Rider
I Got A Woman / Amen
Love...

Link To Original Article (http://www.elvisnews.com/news.aspx/tracklist-a-minnesota-moment/12324)

Jungleroom76
01-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Well they still are yet to release something from the March 76 tour plus there's the Lake Tahoe and Las Vegas engagements from 76 that haven't seen a release yet.

Good point my friend!! Perhaps FTD will find a way to release the closing show from Lake Tahoe '76! That was a GREAT show with several rarely performed live songs and would definitely be a great release, especially in soundboard quality!

As for the March '76 tour, can't go wrong with releasing the Cincinnati '76 show. I know it's been released several times on the import labels but that is just such a FANTASTIC show!!!

And perhaps some kind of a compilation of the December '76 Vegas shows would be a good way to highlight his final appearances in Las Vegas. :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
01-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Looks like a nice tracklisting, with a couple or '76 rarities - ONE NIGHT, STEAMROLLER BLUES & HAWAIIAN WEDDING SONG most notably. (y)

TCB!
Mike

The Everlasting Gaze
01-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Another soundboard from 1976 will soon be released by FTD. This time we get one of the fourteen October gigs that made tour number 22.

This tour is well covered with 3 bootlegs taken from soundboards. Both shows from Chicago (Oct. 14 and 15) and South Bend (Oct. 20) have been released. They all display an rather perfunctory Elvis in relatively good physically shape, not necessarily in the best of mood.

Hopefully the sound quality will be as good as on the bootleg releases, as they are all close to perfect.

Sourch: http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/bmg.html