PDA

View Full Version : Elvis In Vegas Review: Fallen Angel

Elvis.com
01-03-2010, 02:00 PM
“He loved being Elvis Presley, there’s no doubt about that. But I think he started to dislike himself and lost his desire to be, Elvis Presley.”

Link To Original Article (http://www.elvisnews.com/articles.aspx/elvis-in-vegas-review-fallen-angel/1409)

Genie
01-03-2010, 10:29 PM
That was some odd type of article in my opinion.. "Fallen Angel?"
I really like the part about "If your lookin' for trouble-look right in my face."
Disagree completely with Elvis studying Tom Jones moves? Say what?

If we take notice of Elvis' performances and films, he (except for an edit error) was never seen the way Tom Jones liked to reveal himself on stage.

Elvis was way to big a name to ever play Vegas...no wonder he hated it.
And the necklaces of a different religion worn at the same time, is cute. It also shows no disrespect for anyone.

TotallyInsane
01-04-2010, 05:11 AM
What a biatch!!!

Sweet_One_E.
01-04-2010, 07:36 AM
terrible term used, person ought to be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TotallyInsane
01-04-2010, 08:26 AM
terrible term used, person ought to be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who, me????????

EnigmaticSun
01-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Who, me????????

Person probably referred to "Fallen Angel".

We might often think "who am I talking to?" LOL!

SleepyJack
01-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Elvis has meant a lot of different things to me over the years,but I don`t think I ever thought of him a saint!...How could any man be ELVIS and be a saint at the same time?!!
He wasn`t a saint,or a prophet or a fallen angel... he was as human as we all are and made mistakes,some of them absolutely huge.If we are judged in the end by the good that our lives leave behind in the world then he will have left behind enough joy,love and happiness to have him remembered as what he was..... a very special human-being.

Getlo
01-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Disagree completely with Elvis studying Tom Jones moves? Say what?

He did study Tom's moves and Vegas stage show in preparation for his own return to Vegas in '69.

There are certainly influences there in his stage movements.

sasha
01-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Elvis has meant a lot of different things to me over the years,but I don`t think I ever thought of him a saint!...How could any man be ELVIS and be a saint at the same time?!!
He wasn`t a saint,or a prophet or a fallen angel... he was as human as we all are and made mistakes,some of them absolutely huge.If we are judged in the end by the good that our lives leave behind in the world then he will have left behind enough joy,love and happiness to have him remembered as what he was..... a very special human-being.

I agree with you. Now if we can all learn these lessons. :)

Genie
01-04-2010, 10:09 PM
He did study Tom's moves and Vegas stage show in preparation for his own return to Vegas in '69.

There are certainly influences there in his stage movements.

I know I did, (was young then) :lmfao:
But I didn't know Elvis really did. So I learned a new thing. Thank you Getlo.

EnigmaticSun
01-05-2010, 02:58 AM
Fallen angel is the term referring to how the devil came into this world. There are dozens of acts who deserve the term more than Elvis did.

KPM
01-05-2010, 12:12 PM
I think Elvis watched Tom Jones and was impressed with him, vocally and his physical performances-but I see little real comparison in their actual performances. Tom Jones was a very slick, fluid, dancer-he incorporated dances like the tighten up, and all the popular dances of the 60s into his act and then had his own signature moves..........but he was more dancer.
Elvis on the other hand did not really dance-he was more a mover/shaker his actions were more forceful and were not fluid really, they were sudden and at times violent looking with the karate incorporated into his stage show....so I really do not see much comparison to their actual styles on stage.
To put it another way.....if they were boxers in the ring-Tom would be the fluid moving boxer who dances-Elvis would be the puncher/aggressor who moves forward with power.

Jimmy1966
01-05-2010, 01:04 PM
tom jones needs to have a reality check me thinks.....bless him he mentions elvis name everytime anyone cares to listen to him, elvis presley was a very special individual with an exceptional talent, a talent that he was born with.
the guy was born to rock. no other performer could touch that man on stage,
not now or ever.

EnigmaticSun
01-06-2010, 07:09 AM
baby I don't care about the way they moved on stage. Elvis' voice wins it over anytime. It just has so much more beauty and resonance to it; more subtle.

The quality of his voice is a thing rarer than a disciplined dancer - though ballet isn't a thing to misunderestimate, if I may quote George Bush!