PDA

View Full Version : re discovering some great ol chesnuts

lvs2day
12-18-2009, 01:09 PM
at times when i'm waiting on a new cd i go back to the shelf and find ones that i gave only a once over listen to or breezed right to the tracks i wanted to hear , one that i just played and rediscoverd is the ol baxter release of AND THE KING FOR DESSERT- what a great show this is it's done at a gret pace i really love trying to get... [i don't know if he ever did a bad version of this?]and whata great version of it's now or never- done with total ease and at a great pace that the band follows [simply flawless] , it's great to be an ELVIS fan isn't it? we have had so many great releases on shiny over the years especially during the mid 90's now were getting mostly audience recorded cd;s, some good mist very bad so this is why i go back to the shelf more often i count 79 soundboard shows so could joan deary of bin correct and honest when she said that there were 200 that were catalouged? i sure hope so , so what gems have you sat down and rediscoverd ?

SleepyJack
12-18-2009, 01:17 PM
I think that`s happened me with almost every Cd that I own,sometimes they get overlooked,then one day you "discover" it all over again and it sounds even better.
It also goes another way...I spend ages listening to Elvis` `70s music or `50s music...then suddenly I`m listening to nothing but the `60s recordings and they sound like I`m hearing them again for the first time.

May
12-18-2009, 01:19 PM
YouTube- I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts (Merv Griffin) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf670orHKcA)

Oh sorry CHESTnuts, not COCOnuts!

Jungleroom76
12-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Actually, I just pulled out some CD's from Elvis' final season in Las Vegas in December 1976 and was just enjoying some long forgotten performances. Despite Elvis not being in the best of shape at times during that engagement, he was still able to pull out some great performances!!! :king:

TCB!
Mike