PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Room Sessions vinyl

my boy
11-28-2009, 02:03 AM
I just got this beauty through the post and have to say what a fabulous,quality release this is. FTD have done a tremendous job and it's definitely the best way to enjoy the FTD releases.

Elvis on vinyl –it's a must have!

my boy
11-29-2009, 12:35 AM
THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC MAGAZINE runs an article on the "Jungle Room Sessions" vinyl and it's not very favourable,what do the TCB gang think?

debtdbruno
11-29-2009, 05:28 AM
I read that yesterday too in my mag.
Don't have it myself to review...........sorry

my boy
11-29-2009, 06:43 AM
I will let you know as soon as I get my turntable at the end of the week

cheers,

Unchained Melody
11-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Looks really nice My Boy!

my boy
11-29-2009, 09:17 AM
I can't fault the presentation Colonel it's very substantial– as good as it gets plus extra tracks from FTDs MADE IN MEMPHIS – soon let you know about the sound!

Cheers,

my boy

Lonniebealestreet
11-29-2009, 09:30 AM
THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC MAGAZINE runs an article on the "Jungle Room Sessions" vinyl and it's not very favourable,what do the TCB gang think?

Very curious: what were the main gripes of the reviewer there? I do not have this and had perhaps mistakenly assumed it was going to be great in every way.

That is a nice touch, by the way -- the added tracks from Made In Memphis. They are very strong outtakes and that the tracklisting was fortified by them (and not all just tacked on at the end) and mastered at Abbey Road Studios definitely gives a favorable impression as to the quality of this product.

epmoodyblue
11-29-2009, 09:39 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/bellaselena/woohoo-022.gifthis ones a winner.(y)http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/selenauno/smiley-gen101.gifhttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/bellaselena/th_elvis-071.gif

debtdbruno
11-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Very curious: what were the main gripes of the reviewer there? I do not have this and had perhaps mistakenly assumed it was going to be great in every way.

That is a nice touch, by the way -- the added tracks from Made In Memphis. They are very strong outtakes and that the tracklisting was fortified by them (and not all just tacked on at the end) and mastered at Abbey Road Studios definitely gives a favorable impression as to the quality of this product.

He said it sounds 'flat'................

my boy
11-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Yes, the added tracks from MADE IN MEMPHIS certainly enhance the release further,especially "She Thinks I Still Care"– one of my all-time favourite Elvis tracks –bluesy, and a fantastic emotional performance of mammoth proportions –Elvis just lives the song!!

debtdbruno
11-29-2009, 01:28 PM
I don't have the vinyl, but the JRS is one of my fav discs.
His late 70's music is underated IMO....

Lonniebealestreet
11-29-2009, 04:31 PM
He said it sounds 'flat'................

Thank you, Deb. I sure hope he's wrong about that.

my boy
12-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Just got this set-up today and the SRO vinyl & "Jungle Room Sessions"sound fantastic ––warm and detailed there both superb FTD releases!