PDA

View Full Version : do you still collect photos?

lvs2day
09-29-2009, 11:02 AM
since 71 when i joined judy palmers photo club i stared collecting snap shots from her among others i even ran a scrap book , and still do to this day i just can never get enough ELVIS photos, and now with many books from these same photogs comming out and being published i ask do you still collect photos.

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-29-2009, 06:05 PM
I still collect photo's although you are right there are a lot more photo's of Elvis now freely available on the internet than ever before. I used to love having photo's that weren't common place, it felt like you were part a select few who has seen something special. I know that might sound elitist but I didn't do it for that reason, I just wanted to be able to share what other people had seen first hand.

With the advance of technology photo's of Elvis can be shared in an instant and can never be taken back, it's out there for good.. However there are people out there who trade photo's who will only deal with you if you promise not to upload them! I like that idea because it leaves something for us to discover over the years and with little else to be discovered about Elvis at least if we have some great photo's to unearth sometime in the future we still have something to look forward too.