PDA

View Full Version : Cliff on Elvis

EP4MEUK
11-19-2004, 05:09 AM
I watched a programme late last night where a celeb gets to choose past present and future artists and songs of their choice, well last night it was Sir Cliffs Richards turn.He chose Elvis as his all time favourite giving him his influence in the music industry. He chose a clip from the 68 special when Elvis was singing "Heartbreak Hotel" whilst sat banging his guitar with his fellow band members it was a great clip to show and made me so proud.When the clip was over it returned to the female presenter of the show who said with a wide eyed look" they sure don't make them like that anymore" and she could not have said a truer word :clap: Cliff was wonderful :worthy:

love and peace,
Susan.

Scottishthistle
11-19-2004, 06:45 AM
he knows that without Elvis there would be no cliff richard..and still gives praise to everything Elvis stood for ...God bless him :D

jbgude
11-19-2004, 09:58 AM
That is nice: I have never heard Cliff bad mouthing Elvis -so yes let us acknowledge his praise.....

jb

NightRider
11-19-2004, 10:08 AM
I am not a fan of the man.....but credit where it is due (y) Fair play to him :clap:

Sonny
11-19-2004, 10:35 AM
Cliff is really crazy about Elvis and about his music.

During almost every concert he sings several Elvis songs. He always talks about Elvis in a way that makes clear he just loves the man and his music.

Sonny

Jumpsuit Junkie
11-19-2004, 01:24 PM
I am not a fan of the man.....but credit where it is due (y) Fair play to him :clap:

I agree with Chris :clap:

DerekGillies
11-20-2004, 12:38 PM
I'm not that keen on Cliff Richard either but it has to be said that he is genuine Elvis admirer. He doesn't praise Elvis to make himself look any better and let's face it he doesn't have to acknowledge Elvis as consistently as he has done over the years but he does ... good on him (y)

Derek.

EP4MEUK
11-22-2004, 07:54 AM
Cliff did it again last night when he received his award from the UK Hall of fame:clap: without Elvis he said none of us would have been given the chance,there is and only ever will be one Elvis presley(y) Give that man a pat on the back:worthy: Thanks cliff(y)

I did miss Priscilla accepting the award for Elvis did anyone else catch it?

love and peace,
Susan.