PDA

View Full Version : Tom Jones' shock at Elvis's gun

presley31
09-19-2009, 06:41 AM
Tom Jones' shock at Elvis's gun

Singer Tom Jones was once left shocked when he found Elvis's gun in his dressing room lavatory. The veteran Welsh singer struck up a close friendship with The King and they would often spend time together when they were in the same city on tour.

But on one occasion, after Jones appeared at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, he was stunned to find a silver-plated Colt .45 automatic pistol on his toilet cistern after Presley had used the bathroom. Jones tried to discreetly hand it back, only to see Elvis shrug off the incident. He says, "I wrapped it up in this towel, took it out and said, very quietly, 'Er, Elvis, you left your gun in the toilet.' And Elvis just goes: 'Aw s**t man, ma .45', and stuck it in his belt. I was trying to be very discreet about the whole thing, but he couldn't have cared less."

source:http://www.elvismatters.com/index.php?pagina=nieuws&id=2852

elvislady
09-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Surley tom cant have been that suprised that elvis went for a pee and left his gun behind..:lmfao::lmfao: he had to leave it some where.

elvislady :D

debtdbruno
09-19-2009, 08:10 AM
I think that's hilarious. Could just imagine Tom's face.
Elvis was soooo cool!!! bless!!

LuckyJackson
09-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Ha ha ha this is so funny, only Elvis could get away with it

john carpenter
09-19-2009, 10:58 AM
:lmfao:Never know when some wierdo might break in while your doing your "business":lmfao:Elvis was prepared at all times(y)

KPM
09-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Hasn't that happened to us all at one time or another-I recall the time I left my replicated Patton style nickel plated Colt 45 Peacemaker in my brothers john-such an embarrassemt;):D:D

May
09-19-2009, 12:34 PM
competely agree KPM, Im always leaving my guns round my mates houses, specifically in their loo's!!!:lmfao::king:

Jungleroom76
09-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Hasn't that happened to us all at one time or another-I recall the time I left my replicated Patton style nickel plated Colt 45 Peacemaker in my brothers john-such an embarrassemt;):D:D

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

TCB!
Mike

beckelvis
09-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Ha ha ha this is so funny, only Elvis could get away with it
yes i agree with you(y)(y)(y)

Diane
09-19-2009, 01:35 PM

I don't pack a gun...I haul around a baseball bat:lol:

Diane

Jimmy1966
09-19-2009, 02:21 PM
that is 1 cool story...love it

hexia
09-19-2009, 04:51 PM
A really funny story, thanks.
If Tom Jones knew Elvis as well as we've been told, I don't see how it could surprise him that Elvis left his Colt in the bathroom, though. :lol::lol:

Pacerstar
09-19-2009, 05:12 PM
If Tom Jones knew Elvis as well as we've been told, I don't see how it could surprise him that Elvis left his Colt in the bathroom, though. :lol::lol:

My thinking, exactly!:D:D:D:D

Genie
09-20-2009, 12:37 AM

Diane
:P You are sweet Diane, this woman does pack a gun and I don't leave it in the bathroom..lol Tom Jones was "Shocked" by a lot of things, one being that any woman in the world would rather talk to Elvis than sleep with Tom.. Just my personal opinion of course (y)

Genie
09-20-2009, 12:43 AM
Tom Jones' shock at Elvis's gun

Singer Tom Jones was once left shocked when he found Elvis's gun in his dressing room lavatory. The veteran Welsh singer struck up a close friendship with The King and they would often spend time together when they were in the same city on tour.

But on one occasion, after Jones appeared at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, he was stunned to find a silver-plated Colt .45 automatic pistol on his toilet cistern after Presley had used the bathroom. Jones tried to discreetly hand it back, only to see Elvis shrug off the incident. He says, "I wrapped it up in this towel, took it out and said, very quietly, 'Er, Elvis, you left your gun in the toilet.' And Elvis just goes: 'Aw s**t man, ma .45', and stuck it in his belt. I was trying to be very discreet about the whole thing, but he couldn't have cared less."

source:http://www.elvismatters.com/index.php?pagina=nieuws&id=2852
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::king: I'm sorry, that gets funnier with ever single comment...I can just picture it. The King and the :'(nervous wreck..not a likely friendship, but...?

mistymorning
09-20-2009, 12:51 AM
I think that's hilarious. Could just imagine Tom's face.
Elvis was soooo cool!!! bless!!

He was always ready with cool answers !!! sooooooooo funny !(y)http://www.pic4ever.com/images/47b20s0.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gif

debtdbruno
09-20-2009, 05:27 AM
:P You are sweet Diane, this woman does pack a gun and I don't leave it in the bathroom..lol Tom Jones was "Shocked" by a lot of things, one being that any woman in the world would rather talk to Elvis than sleep with Tom.. Just my personal opinion of course (y)

That would be me then too,hahahahahaha(y)(y)(y)(y)

Deb

molokai123
09-20-2009, 09:31 AM

sumtimes i wonder about tom's stories:hmm::hmm:

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-20-2009, 09:55 AM
sumtimes i wonder about tom's stories:hmm::hmm:

There is a definite smell with Tom's stories... :lol::lmfao:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2323/2230696836_5332ddfcdb.jpg

Jungleroom76
09-20-2009, 10:49 AM

Diane

That must be one GIANT purse you carry Diane!!!! :hmm: :lmfao:

TCB!
Mike

Lisarose
09-20-2009, 12:33 PM

Diane

(y)(y)(y)
Good answer, Diane!

shelley.m.
09-20-2009, 03:06 PM

Diane

:hmm:A wooden or metal bat,Diane?:hmm:

Diane
09-20-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't carry my bat in a purse Mike....I like people to see what they might be up against...give them a fighting chance so to speak.:lol:

A wooden bat Shelley...I hate the metal ones...don't like the sound when they connect.:lol:

Diane

shelley.m.
09-20-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't carry my bat in a purse Mike....I like people to see what they might be up against...give them a fighting chance so to speak.:lol:

A wooden bat Shelley...I hate the metal ones...don't like the sound when they connect.:lol:

Diane

:doh:That's gotta hurt.Ouch!:doh:

Jungleroom76
09-20-2009, 04:01 PM

I see...then that's a REALLY BIG holster!!! :hmm: (y)

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

TCB!
Mike

debtdbruno
09-20-2009, 04:07 PM

Diane

We've got a bruiser in our midst

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Jungleroom76
09-20-2009, 04:08 PM

ATTENTION EVERYONE....don't meet Diane in a dark forum...she comes ARMED!!! :blink: :'( :P

TCB!
Mike

Merry
09-20-2009, 04:16 PM

Diane

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: Need a lady-like thump, rofl! :D:lmfao:

Diane
09-20-2009, 04:30 PM

I'm very maternal, don't anyone ever threaten my family and that includes the fur and feather members.:mad: As for myself, I don't have many fears and anyway I'm armed.:)

Diane:)

shelley.m.
09-20-2009, 04:33 PM
She's armed and dangerous!!!!

Diane
09-20-2009, 04:37 PM
She's armed and dangerous!!!!

Dangerous? Nope, not unless provoked.:lol:

I never did answer the reason for the thread.....To me Elvis was just being Elvis being nonchalant about the gun. I think Tom overreacts about Elvis now and then....a little of jealousy there I think.

Diane

shelley.m.
09-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Maybe Tom wished he had a big gun to carry around too.

dannyboy1
09-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Why would anyone who REALLY knew Elvis be surprised to find he carried a gun? Big deal. I like Tom a lot and have bought an absolute heap of his releases over the years. Seen him twice in concert. But I wish he wouldn't keep using Elvis stories to get a laugh, as though it lends him more credibility. I wonder if this story will get more and more sensational and unbelievable over the years as the shower story does!

Merry
09-21-2009, 01:00 AM
!

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Toilet, shower, I wonder where next? rofl:lmfao:

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-21-2009, 01:46 AM

Toilet, shower, I wonder where next? rofl:lmfao:

Lets hope it isn't the boudoir :doh::lol::lmfao:

Merry
09-21-2009, 01:55 AM

:supriced::supriced::supriced:

:D

debtdbruno
09-21-2009, 03:10 AM
Maybe Tom wished he had a big gun to carry around too.

I thought he had a big 'gun'?............LOL:lmfao::lmfao:
...........or was it a 'sock'?......................:lmfao::lmfao:

elvislady
09-21-2009, 03:49 AM
he never wore underwear on stage..so i guess no socks down there.. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

elvislady :D

Getlo
09-21-2009, 06:08 AM
Why would anyone who REALLY knew Elvis be surprised to find he carried a gun?

No one would, no.

But I wish he wouldn't keep using Elvis stories to get a laugh, as though it lends him more credibility. !

And what's wrong with sharing an Elvis story to get a laugh? Elvis was a weird guy in his way. And why would you assume that Tom needs more credibility at all? He remains one of the greats, and his cred is solid.

I wonder if this story will get more and more sensational and unbelievable over the years as the shower story does!

And why wouldn't the shower story be true? Sounds perfectly Elvis to me.

KPM
09-21-2009, 07:54 PM
:lmfao::lmfao::notworthy

johnbaron
09-21-2009, 10:21 PM
sorry to ask but...what's the shower story?

Miss Clawdy
09-22-2009, 05:54 AM
sorry to ask but...what's the shower story?

Here's the shower story:

Tom Jones: 'Elvis Presley Serenaded Me In The Shower'

He couldn't wait to sing...

* by Jason Gregory
* Wednesday, February 25, 2009
* Photo by: WENN.com

Tom Jones: 'Elvis Presley Serenaded Me In The Shower'

Sir Tom Jones has revealed Elvis Presley once serenaded him while he was taking a shower.

The Welsh singer was preparing for a gig in Las Vegas when Presley unexpectedly began singing to him.

“He couldn’t wait. I was in the shower and I could hear Elvis Presley singing,” Sir Tom told The Sun newspaper.

“When I opened my eyes he was leaning over the door singing to me. I didn’t have any clothes on. I think he was checking me out.”

Presley, who died in 1977, formed a close friendship with Sir Tom after the pair met for the first time in 1965.

debtdbruno
09-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Total bulls***
Do not believe for one minute that Elvis was boggling at Tom in the shower

Miss Clawdy
09-22-2009, 11:53 AM
I believe that both stories are true.

debtdbruno
09-22-2009, 11:58 AM
I believe that both stories are true.

Why???
:hmm::hmm:

Miss Clawdy
09-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Why???
:hmm::hmm:

Because I think Elvis didn't find anything unusual or strange by singing a song while Tom was taking a shower.

A lot of people were carrying guns and Elvis' love for guns was well known. Why shouldn't he had left a gun somewhere by mistake from time to time? Like Tom said, Elvis couldn't have cared less....

The only thing I don't believe is that Tom Jones thought Elvis was checking him out in the shower and that he was that stunned or surprised to find out Elvis had a gun.

Merry
09-22-2009, 06:21 PM

Maybe Tom Jones thought everyone should check him out in the shower :lmfao::hmm::blush::D:doh: lol

debtdbruno
09-23-2009, 05:23 AM
Still don't think Elvis would give any Man the satisfaction of thinking he was interested in the size of his 'thingy'

Shake A Hand
09-23-2009, 05:48 AM
Can't see the part of the shower story being true somehow. I get the impression (I may be wrong) that E wouldn't want a guy 'oogling' at him in the shower, get the impression he'd chin em!! so I doubt he'd do that to some other guy. Maybe standing on the otherside of the shower door and talkin or singing, but not up and over the top of the door as the story goes!!

As far as the gun story goes .... probably true ...no big deal !! well where else would he put his gun while taking a 'p' !!:lmfao:

SleepyJack
09-23-2009, 07:51 AM
Didn`t ol` Tom actually at one point buy a phone-box that he used to call his lady-friends from in Wales and have it shipped over to the states?..... Some people might see that as a bit odd..... ah, these superstars and their wild ways!!!:):):)