PDA

View Full Version : Would you have wanted to live with Elvis?

elvisfreak68
09-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Before you answer this, consider his lifestyle.

KPM
09-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Hard question to answer-one part of me says "sure" Another says for all the great times many speak of-it was a hard life to live.
I probably I would have tried it out.......but am pretty sure it would be a short lived trial.;)

presley31
09-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Hard question..I would love the idea of being around elvis but to be honest that lifestyle would be hard to handle. I couldn't sleep all day and up all night and plus trying to raise a family on that would be really tough. Being a truckers daughter l caught a gimpse of what being on the road is like for some and just thinking about elvis is triple that so nope not for me.

elvisfreak68
09-17-2009, 05:41 PM
I would but I wouldn't. I could swing staying up all night and sleeping all day WITHOUT the pills and the other half of me couldn't because I would want to be able to have normal life and know what was going on in the world.

Tony Trout
09-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Before you answer this, consider his lifestyle.

Not hard to ponder this one. My answer would be "****, NO!" There's no way I could put up with the constant mood swings and temper tantrums plus having to stay up all night and sleep all day? Nope, not for me.....

Hard question..I would love the idea of being around elvis but to be honest that lifestyle would be hard to handle. I couldn't sleep all day and up all night and plus trying to raise a family on that would be really tough. Being a truckers daughter l caught a gimpse of what being on the road is like for some and just thinking about elvis is triple that so nope not for me.

Jen, you nailed it, honey, and I agree with every word.

(BTW, I'm a truck driver's son. Sadly, I lost my father when I was three years old. My mother was with him on the trip and the weirdest thing is that he had told her earlier on the day that he died that "This will be my last trip. I've carried you around in this truck enough. When we get home, I'm going to find another job." Sadly, that was his last trip - he passed away from a massive heart attack at the age of 38 while driving on the interstate in New York and was dead before he hit the wheel. :'(:'(

Unknowingly to Mom, he had been having chest pains that day....if only he'd gone to the doctor, my dad might still be here...:'(:'(

Mom barely got the truck stopped and had a hard time getting people to help her. Dad's boss came up to New York and got the truck and took it back and sold it not long after my father's death.

I actually have the newspaper article about it around here somewhere. I sure wish that he could've lived to see what I have accomplished in my life......)

Pacerstar
09-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Not hard to ponder this one. My answer would be "****, NO!" There's no way I could put up with the constant mood swings and temper tantrums plus having to stay up all night and sleep all day? Nope, not for me.....

(BTW, I'm a truck driver's son. Sadly, I lost my father when I was three years old. My mother was with him on the trip and the weirdest thing is that he had told her earlier on the day that he died that "This will be my last trip. I've carried you around in this truck enough. When we get home, I'm going to find another job." Sadly, that was his last trip - he passed away from a massive heart attack at the age of 38 while driving on the interstate in New York and was dead before he hit the wheel. :'(:'(

Unknowingly to Mom, he had been having chest pains that day....if only he'd gone to the doctor, my dad might still be here...:'(:'(

Mom barely got the truck stopped and had a hard time getting people to help her. Dad's boss came up to New York and got the truck and took it back and sold it not long after my father's death.

I actually have the newspaper article about it around here somewhere. I sure wish that he could've lived to see what I have accomplished in my life......)

That is sad, Tony. You have my sympathy. Death is hard, no matter who,
or when, or where.

presley31
09-17-2009, 06:15 PM

Tony I'am so sorry to hear about your dad:'( Its heartbreaking to lose a love one and know that something could of prevented the death but l do believe that god calls us home for reasons we don't know but l'am sure your dad would be really proud of the person you are today and my guess is you may not see him but he is always with you. :hug:

Diane
09-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Your dad would have been proud of you Tony...you're one of the good guys. I'm so sorry you never had him around while growing up.

Diane

elvisfreak68
09-17-2009, 06:38 PM
i hate to be rude folks, but you just made a 14 yr old very disappointed. I wanted to know the answer to my question not about somone's father dieing. I'm sorry that he died, i really am.If you want to leave this forum thing, i don't mind.

presley31
09-17-2009, 06:45 PM
i hate to be rude folks, but you just made a 14 yr old very disappointed. I wanted to know the answer to my question not about somone's father dieing. I'm sorry that he died, i really am.If you want to leave this forum thing, i don't mind.

Tony was just sharing something that was posted from me and l'am sorry if your disappionted but we don't all stay on topic all the time. Another thing tony wouldn't leave the forum or this thread either.

elvisfreak68
09-17-2009, 06:49 PM
i'm sorry, death bothers me. i don't like to tlak about it. i don't care what we talk about just as long as it's not that for long

Genie
09-17-2009, 07:54 PM
That is sad, Tony. You have my sympathy. Death is hard, no matter who,
or when, or where.

Hi Dear,
First of all I'd like to say I am sorry about your loss, I'm sure he was a fine man, as he has a fine son!
I'm convienced that death is not an end, possibly to the world we see, but not the soul.
I have to think this way, as many patients I loved died, my fiancee died in Viet Nam, my brother was badly burned in Viet Nam, I was the nurse in charge of my mother, who died at age 52 of terminal Cancer.
I thought I was going myself, had last will and testement drawn up, DNR put into place, and as weird as it sounds, I was almost sad that I didn't die.
As to some, I was never sick, or in the hospital again (past 6 yrs off and on)
that hurts. Came home to nothing, to no one...:'( but I had my kitty's and found that my brother had been here the whole time.
Your Father lives in you, all the kind things you do and say, are part of him..

On to living with Elvis... as a friend yes.
God bless

cbg84
09-17-2009, 09:54 PM
As much as I love Elvis I have to say no cause I don't believe in living together before you are married.

shelley.m.
09-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Only on his good days.

Ronn
09-17-2009, 11:41 PM
I would love to hang around with him every now and then, but to actually live with him and keep up with his lifestyle? I don't think I really can keep up with that. It's like living upside down.

elvislady
09-18-2009, 12:29 AM
I think it would be a novalty at first living with elvis, keeping up with the nocternal lifestyle.i would give it a go it would be nice to come and go as you pleased maybe, then it would be a good idea.

elvislady :D

The Welz
09-18-2009, 07:09 AM
The fan in me would scream Y-E-S, but the rest of me surely would say N-O-.

After reading about Elvis for over twenty years and watching documentaries about him, I came to the conclusion that he wouldn't have been my friend. His oppinions are different than mine (but that may be caused by the fact, that mine are from 2009 and his are from decades earlier) and so we surely wouldn't get along too well.

So the answer is (n)

SleepyJack
09-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Thought about it for a while...and came up with "yes"..... beats the heck out of the life I have here in the "real" world. I`d probably be okay on the sex,drugs and Rock`n`Roll side of things,weird sleep patterns are the thing with me anyway.... The only problem I could see would be my not being able to shut my mouth when I see something that I think is wrong....or not being able to have my own opinions on too many things...... Think I`d have been booted out one way or the other!

May
09-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Yes. For a while at least.

Diane
09-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Only on his good days.

:lol::lol::lol: I have to agree with this one!

Diane

Diane
09-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Thought about it for a while...and came up with "yes"..... beats the heck out of the life I have here in the "real" world. I`d probably be okay on the sex,drugs and Rock`n`Roll side of things,weird sleep patterns are the thing with me anyway.... The only problem I could see would be my not being able to shut my mouth when I see something that I think is wrong....or not being able to have my own opinions on too many things...... Think I`d have been booted out one way or the other!

I would have had that problem too Jack(y):):):)

Diane

Diane
09-18-2009, 10:53 AM

Tony did answer your thread. Once in a while we posters share something personal on this board and respect it...it's a way of getting to know each other better.

Diane

Nicole Presley
09-19-2009, 05:23 AM
Yes, for sure! Every day would be like an adventure. And when Elvis isnīt on tour, then I can see him every day. :wub: And maybe I could ask him to go to one of his concerts.

desiree
09-19-2009, 06:00 AM
Hmm, if I could have few days off from him from time to time. And I'd only stay there as his friend:!:

Sweet_One_E.
09-19-2009, 07:02 AM
no too much craziness

debtdbruno
09-19-2009, 08:07 AM
Mmmmmm, afraid I straddle the fence............again!!!! hehehehehe

GIORGIA
09-19-2009, 11:30 AM
My Answer is YES!
TOTALLY YES!
Because I LOVE HIM SO MUCH:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:!
And for ME the TRUE LOVE is when you LOVE your LOVE with ALL YOUR HEART,ANYTIME!When Elvis sing in your Beauitful Song,Mary In The Morning:
And Mary is there in SUMMER DAYS AND STORMY WHETER,SHE DOESN'T CARE THE RIGHT OR RONG,THE LOVE WE SHARE WE SHARE TOGHETER!
THIS is MY FEELING for ELVIS!And for LOVE!

beckelvis
09-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Yes, for sure! Every day would be like an adventure. And when Elvis isnīt on tour, then I can see him every day. :wub: And maybe I could ask him to go to one of his concerts.

If, I think the same thing that your, serious a constant adventure very interesting (y)(y)

Genie
09-20-2009, 01:14 AM

:blush: Honey, we are sorry, but this is the real world. At 14 I am suprized you are here, but it's nice to have you. Elvis being Dead makes your disapointment seem even more unrealistic.
Life and death happens everyday. Sometimes it hits a stranger and we are sorry, we offer condolences, sometimes it hits home, too close and the pain is out of this world. One day this may be something you must understand, hopefully not any time soon.
Just try to know that no one wanted to disapoint you, but someone dying is far more tragic and important in the scheme of things than a question.
Don't ya think? You're not rude, you're young.
God bless you, keep you and your's safe and happy.

Genie
09-20-2009, 01:16 AM
P>S> I have cats older than you are...... whenever i loose one at about 18 I cry for months, the last one I still cry for. Think about it.....

Merry
09-20-2009, 01:50 AM
Would be incredible, so many things to do, so many things the same and in common, would be amazing. (y)(y)(y):D

elvisfreak68
09-20-2009, 10:14 AM
:blush: Honey, we are sorry, but this is the real world. At 14 I am suprized you are here, but it's nice to have you. Elvis being Dead makes your disapointment seem even more unrealistic.
Life and death happens everyday. Sometimes it hits a stranger and we are sorry, we offer condolences, sometimes it hits home, too close and the pain is out of this world. One day this may be something you must understand, hopefully not any time soon.
Just try to know that no one wanted to disapoint you, but someone dying is far more tragic and important in the scheme of things than a question.
Don't ya think? You're not rude, you're young.
God bless you, keep you and your's safe and happy.
I have lost some of my close family members recently and my only granfather has terminal lung cancer. the way i deal with death is to go into my own little world where nothing bad ever happens. a few as I'm concerned, those people are still living and nothing has ever changed. I hate to be in the real world.

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-20-2009, 10:44 AM
I look at the people around Elvis and believe he wanted yes men! From that point of view I would find it hard to be a flunky that laughed at jokes he made just because he was Elvis. I would have to be true to me as well as Elvis. I look at Charlie, Joe, George, Larry & Lamar as the kiss a*s*s gang whereas Sonny, Red & Marty as those who had the potential to tell it like it is.

In truth I like the mystery that surrounds Elvis life, for all the books, films and documentaries we see, we will never know the real Elvis and that is how I like it. If I lived with the man, he probably wouldn't live up to the icon status I have created in my own mind :lol: As Elvis said himself "The Image is one thing, the human being is another".

Jungleroom76
09-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Hard question to answer-one part of me says "sure" Another says for all the great times many speak of-it was a hard life to live.
I probably I would have tried it out.......but am pretty sure it would be a short lived trial.;)

Couldn't have said it better myself Ken!!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

Laura Harrell
09-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Well, OF COURSE!!!!! :D:D:D

Pacerstar
09-20-2009, 12:53 PM
"In truth I like the mystery that surrounds Elvis life, for all the books, films and documentaries we see, we will never know the real Elvis and that is how I like it. If I lived with the man, he probably wouldn't live up to the icon status I have created in my own mind As Elvis said himself "The Image is one thing, the human being is another"."
_______
I tend to agree with what you say here.

debtdbruno
09-20-2009, 02:34 PM
I think 'The Image thing' overtook and overwhelmed him.
He knew that's what people wanted and expected publicly. By 72 (ish) that persona was complete.........and as he said,....'It's hard to live upto the Image'
Ultimately it led to his demise, because he couldn't live it any longer

GIORGIA
09-20-2009, 03:04 PM
I have lost some of my close family members recently and my only granfather has terminal lung cancer. the way i deal with death is to go into my own little world where nothing bad ever happens. a few as I'm concerned, those people are still living and nothing has ever changed. I hate to be in the real world.
I'm So Sorry for this:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(!
I'm close to you:hug:!

Merry
09-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Everyone finds people in different ways, depending on their personalities, how they were raised, what they have in common, their outlook and how people relate to each other as you know. Some people bring out the best in others, some don't, that's life.

From what I've read, and whom I've chatted with, Elvis was so loved, an incredible man; so much more than: "The Image".

In my opinion, Elvis was real, with faults, as well as the good things, like we all have, being able to be himself totally, sharing who he was inside, and that's all that counts.

debtdbruno
09-20-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm sure Elvis was very much 'more' than The Image. However the problem was, is that he felt he had to live upto that Image.

debtdbruno
09-21-2009, 03:02 AM
I would like to think I could cope, as long as he took me with him.
To be left at home for weeks at a time wondering what the heck he was doing, being bored, and then having to revert to the topsy-turvy when he apperared would be very, very difficult.

mrsphilly
09-21-2009, 03:34 AM
Yes I would have liked live with Elvis.