PDA

View Full Version : The movie Jailhouse rock in colors version?!

ElvisAlive
11-16-2004, 12:21 PM
hello
please tell about this version, and where can i get it?
tnx

yiddle yisa
11-16-2004, 01:49 PM
is there such thing? ive never heard of it! id like to know too!

Sincerly, Yiddle Yisa

Lonniebealestreet
11-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Haven't seen it myself, and I too have wondered how good it looks. It's been around for a while, so I bet the colorization is not as good as if it were done today, but I'm just speculating.

Love Me Tender has also been colorized.

yiddle yisa
11-16-2004, 02:16 PM
:supriced: im in complete shock?

it sounds totaly awesome but what about that old feeling ya get when ya watch in in black n white? sounds like it'd be taken away, but i would like to see the color clothes he wore in them!

NightRider
11-16-2004, 02:18 PM
I have it in a limited edition boxset VHS.( with The Lost Performances )....but as i have never opened it...( i have the b/w version on dvd and another copy of The lost performances)...i can't say how good it is :blink: :blush:

Some help that was then :lol: ..... :hmm: ....maybe i should take a look..... :hmm:

spinout-designs
11-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Bobby,

The colourisation of both movies is effective, however, on 'Jailhouse Rock' the colours could be termed more pastel shades while the colourisation on 'Love Me Tender' is so vibrant it's almost as if it had been filmed yesterday.

The 'J.Rock' colourised version originally was available as part of a special two video gift box set (coupled with Lost Performances ?) if I'm not mistaken.

'LMT' materialised in the form of a 2 VCD set (together with chinese subtitles) a couple of years ago or so.

spinout-designs
11-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Yisa,

The colourised Jailhouse Rock cannot really replace the original, but does make an interesting alternative, I presume there may have been some guess work on the colours used on the clothing however.

Lonniebealestreet
11-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Great info, Mark. Thanks. (h)

spinout-designs
11-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Here's a few screen shots from both the LMT and JR movies

sam
11-16-2004, 02:58 PM
I have this box set. Must pull it out and watch it again.
Maybe tranfer it to DVD. :secret:

:wiggle: :flex: (y)

Lonniebealestreet
11-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Fine idea, Sambo.

Mark, those look fantastic, particularly LMT. Your assessment of them looks very on-target. When I think of colorized movies, I think more of the way JR looks to be--or worse...which is not to say it looks bad, but LMT looks great. JR looks more drab and with a more limited spectrum of colors.

Some of the first colorized movies that I remember seeing seemed to have like 4 colors. :lol:

yiddle yisa
11-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Yisa,

The colourised Jailhouse Rock cannot really replace the original, but does make an interesting alternative, I presume there may have been some guess work on the colours used on the clothing however.

nothing of his could ever be replaced...ever in a million years!
i just figured the feeling would be lost...

Paulie1971
11-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Don't think it was meant as a replacement of the orginal b/w, but more as an added bonus for the fans .. a chance to see the movie in color .... and of course as an opportunity to make a few bucks ;)

I have JR in the two video set, and am looking for a DVD at the moment

jbgude
11-17-2004, 12:19 AM
I too have the box set from 93 I think. That tape is really lost now - must search ! TCM has topped showing the colorised version for a few years now.Quite good the colours, but the " bite " was lost.

Funny King Creole has never had a colour version out as yet.

jb

hounddogone2000
11-17-2004, 03:36 AM
colorised jailhouse rock is readily available in australia for about 20 dollars and has been for a few years now, i've yet to find it on dvd though.

dennyelvis
11-17-2004, 03:47 AM
Both versions look really sharp and seem to bring them forward in years not set in the 50's anymore. I remember watching some colorised Laural + Hardys a few years ago... but they just didnt cut it... (n) but these are superb :clap: anyone know if these can be bought from the UK :hmm: PLEASE SAY ITS SO ! ! !

Albert
11-17-2004, 04:54 AM
I've seen that recoloured version and think it's great. It's a great job and they really managed to keep the authentic feeling of the movie.

Elena/The Russian EP Fan Club
11-17-2004, 07:18 AM
I have this version. It was on the Russian TV twice. I only can say that I like it very much (y)

I know that there is a recoloured version of Love Me Tender but I haven't seen it.

Sonny
11-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Jailhouse Rock in color looks just fine to me.

At some points (when fading out) it's visible they've colorized the movie, but overall it's a nice addition on vhs. About time they released both of those versions on dvd, isn't it?

Like Elena, I haven't seen Love Me Tender in color.

Sonny

P.S. Annie
11-20-2004, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the pictures Spinout. I havnt seen any of those two in colour, but I would love to, so lets hope they will release it on dvd :D

richardo316
11-20-2004, 08:20 PM
i've seen the colored version of jailhouse rock on tv a few times.it looke realy good but to me that movie was made in black and white, and thats the way it should stay

memphis3734
06-07-2008, 04:21 AM
Wish I could find a copy of any of the movies in color. Years ago AMC did a special showing of Jailhouse Rock in color. I taped it. I moved a few times, and now it is lost. Darn it!!! from what I remember it was great, but then again it's Elvis!!!! I miss him terribly... Sure would be a better world if Elvis was in it. God Bless you Elvis. We will never forget you.