PDA

View Full Version : Elvis´ favourite animal?

Nicole Presley
08-18-2009, 01:40 PM
What´s Elvis´ favourite animal? Or does he have more than one favourite? Does anyone know?

I know he likes horses, chimpanzees, kangaroos... :D

presley31
08-18-2009, 01:43 PM
I really don't think elvis had any favorite pets..He loved all aniamls.

Lisarose
08-18-2009, 01:52 PM
I really don't think elvis had any favorite pets..He loved all aniamls.

Except cats, I know there's evidence that he owned a cat, but I really didn't get the impression that he favored cats as much as dogs - cats are really very impersonal creatures, I know I have 3!
IMO, I believe he loved horses - after he got over his fear of them ;)

Diane
08-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Except cats, I know there's evidence that he owned a cat, but I really didn't get the impression that he favored cats as much as dogs - cats are really very impersonal creatures, I know I have 3!
IMO, I believe he loved horses - after he got over his fear of them ;)

Not sure but I was under the impression that the two cats were really Lisa Marie's. I don't think Elvis disliked them but I don't think he was really tuned into them.

I think he was a dog person most of all.

Diane

Pacerstar
08-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Elvis seemed to like Peacocks. At least he had them around and in his decor and costume.

hounddog
08-19-2009, 12:32 AM
i've posted my source before on here foggy brain today i can't remember what the source was but Elvis owned a cat called Wendell.

Merry
08-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Elvis seemed to like Peacocks. At least he had them around and in his decor and costume.

Until the ":D" jumped on the car :D

I had them too, lol.

Diane
08-19-2009, 05:58 AM
Until the ":D" jumped on the car :D

I had them too, lol.

I had almost 200 of them at one time but now only have one little Spaulding hen left. If she makes it through this winter in this Michigan cold humidity which is hard on them, I plan to purchase another pair in the spring so she'll have company again.

I do think Elvis liked them obviously, but he did get rid of them when they started to scratch up his cars. Ours never did that.

Diane

Donut
08-19-2009, 06:11 AM
Not sure but I was under the impression that the two cats were really Lisa Marie's. I don't think Elvis disliked them but I don't think he was really tuned into them.

I think he was a dog person most of all.

Diane

I just read Dee and Delta used to feed the stary cats in the property but they didn't live inside the house.

KEVIN WILDE
08-19-2009, 06:46 AM
I'M PRETTY SURE HE WAS A DOG LOVER

Diane
08-19-2009, 06:56 AM
i've posted my source before on here foggy brain today i can't remember what the source was but Elvis owned a cat called Wendell.

I remember that too and also a "Fluffy". There was a picture of Lisa with both cats and I think they were both tabbies.

Diane

Teddy
08-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Surely his favorite animals were teddy bears? http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)
He even wanted to be one...

john carpenter
08-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Wendell?:lmfao:That's my brothers name. Back on topic...his favorite pet was Scatter!

Diane
08-19-2009, 07:46 AM
Surely his favorite animals were teddy bears? http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)

Dream on....................:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Diane

Nicole Presley
08-19-2009, 01:47 PM

:lol: Oh my god! :D Teddy, you´re sooo funny!!! I like your sense of humor.
Now, I´ve heard Elvis once said he´s allergic to cats. But maybe that was just a joke. I´m sure Elvis liked a lot of different animals. But didn´t he ever say what´s his favourite? I sure hope I can find it out somehow.

Was Elvis really afraid of horses? I haven´t ever heard that before.

Nicole Presley
08-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Could someone maybe ask Lisa? Or do you think she wouldn´t wanna tell us? And does she know at all?

On one page I´ve just read his favourite animal would be a tiger. But I´ll keep on looking what other pages say.
Here´s the page where I´ve read it:
http://karaselvispages.tripod.com/elvisfunfacts1/

Lisarose
08-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Now, I´ve heard Elvis once said he´s allergic to cats. But maybe that was just a joke. I´m sure Elvis liked a lot of different animals. But didn´t he ever say what´s his favourite? I sure hope I can find it out somehow.

Was Elvis really afraid of horses? I haven´t ever heard that before.

Not afraid just - overly cautious! No, he was nervous around them because he'd gotten thrown by one on one of his first films - Well I'm guessing that would be Love Me Tender as none of the others had horses. He did overcome his fear quite rapidly as he owned and rode a lot of horses!

Diane
08-20-2009, 06:57 AM
He did overcome his fear quite rapidly as he owned and rode a lot of horses!

I would say so from the way I saw him on a video racing around Graceland on them. :lol:

Diane

Unchained Melody
08-20-2009, 08:44 AM

And the tiger (y)(y)

Teddy
08-20-2009, 09:04 AM

Thanks! (y)
One kind gesture deserves another, so here's a picture of me naked http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0051.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm2.htm)

SleepyJack
08-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Spent ages thinking about this one,even changed my mind a few times... and after much head-scratching I think the answer is "Thumper".:):):)

Diane
08-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Spent ages thinking about this one,even changed my mind a few times... and after much head-scratching I think the answer is "Thumper".:):):)

Need to scratch a little longer there Jack.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Diane

EnigmaticSun
08-20-2009, 10:31 AM
THE WOOD DOG 1934 AND 1994, including january and early february of the years thereafter

Wood Dogs are well-rounded individuals. They are adaptable, flexible and laid back. However, they are not as independent as other Dogs and like being part of the group. This is due in part to the support they crave, but it also makes them feel secure and self-confident. In return, they are faithful friends, shy at first, then warm and affectionate.

He is a listener, always available to lend an ear or a shoulder to a friend in need. Often Dogs know more about their friends than their friends know about them or even themselves! Dogs are incredibly attentive. Sometimes though, Dogs should pay more attention to their own needs. In private, many Dog people worry a lot.

Best Friends: Tigers and Horses

Mortal Enemy: Dragons

So I guess the dragon was not supposed to be Elvis' favorite animal. I find it hard to get along with dragons - so insensitive and excessive. As a wood ox I should have been able to get along with Elvis.

Lisarose
08-21-2009, 11:05 AM

Now, now, let's be nice!
(Good one, though :notworthy)

Tigerman1975
10-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I've read that he was partial to a Golden Palomino horse named "Rising Sun".

yisagirl1
10-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Ya know, Lisa Marie had peacocks in california but I know he had a favorite horse, a palomino,, but I can't remember the name. He bought Priscilla a black velvet Tennessee walking horse.

yisagirl1
10-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Whoops,, I didn't see the above post,, so there it is Rising Sun

Elizasong
10-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Hi Nicole, There is an Elvis web site called Elvis Express Radio. Marty Lacker answers questions that fans pose to him on that web site. I think some people on this site know that site.

Tigerman1975
10-11-2010, 05:23 AM
He bought Priscilla a black velvet Tennessee walking horse.

If my memory serves me correctly, the Tennessee walker was named "Bear"

yisagirl1
10-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Thank you, had a blank ty

yisagirl1
10-11-2010, 08:23 AM
I read that post about marty lacked: g joe espisito has a web site seems all these years they are still telling stories omg how many true ones can u tell? I used to pay attention, but I don't like people still making money off of Elvis. See he spoiled them. If I have a question I e-mail graceland and they always always answer me. I trust them.

May
12-18-2010, 04:02 AM
If my memory serves me correctly, the Tennessee walker was named "Bear"

Yep that's right. Priscilla's horse was called 'Domino'. Then Lisa's pony was Mariah, and a couple of others I remember are "Memphis", "Mare Ingram" and "Ebonys Double".(y)

Enikő Lugosi
12-19-2010, 04:46 AM
Elvis' favorite animal was Priscilla.