PDA

View Full Version : pregnant Cilla

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Donut
08-18-2009, 01:15 PM
I think they dislike him because he's so mean and scary and he liked using a belt.The fact he looks just like the vampire in "Blacula" doesnt help either.

Don't you find any similarity apart from the belt stuff? :lol:

jak
08-18-2009, 01:17 PM
So true, I don't know if Linda or Ginger received a lot of flak, but according to June, she was treated far from kind!

Another one who gets slammed unfairly.I have never heard her say anything but good about Elvis.I dont know why she gets so much flak.She was just with Elvis at the wrong time in his life.He just wanted a trophy to boost his ego.Elvis should get blamed for picking her if she's so hated.Once again I think that taboo word must be used in this case also.

jak
08-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Don't you find any similarity apart from the belt stuff? :lol:

Are you referring to "miss priss"?

Donut
08-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Are you referring to "miss priss"?

Yeah. They don't like how Michael's father is trying to milk the cow and that's what many Elvis fans don't like about Priscilla. Not everything has to be about envy, there are many male Elvis fans that dislike her too.

presley31
08-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Diane
I think you really summed it up nicely here.I think Elvis would have had to marry a saint for her to please the fans.Elvis' wife didnt stand a chance no matter who it was.

Yep l do agree jak. Elvis wife would not be liked one or another.

jak
08-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah. They don't like how Michael's father is trying to milk the cow and that's what many Elvis fans don't like about Priscilla. Not everything has to be about envy, there are many male Elvis fans that dislike her too.

Elvis' image has been milked since 1956.They had tasteless products way back then.You cant please all the fans.I think many wouldnt like it if Elvis' face didnt pop up everywhere.We fans actually like seeing him on everything.It gives up the feeling he's still with us to a point.The music matters most I know.Yet we still buy the stuff.Im guilty on ocassion also myself.I have around a dozen Elvis figurines staring at me right now while Im writing.If she didnt milk the Elvis image you would hear "how come we dont see Elvis stuff anymore"?Priscilla promotes Elvis.You have to or he will fade away to a point.It's been 32 years and you cant hardly tell he's gone.All due to the Presley machine.She's just the face on it.When she's gone somebody else will take over.They just wont be as prominent or have the personal connection she had.I believe she's had a positive impact.Trust me on this one this one.It's mainly jealousy;)

jak
08-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Hey Doughnut
Think of the Elvis estate without Priscilla.There would be no one to look to.No face on the empire to identify with.An ordinary plain doughtnut if you will.Add Priscilla and you get fancy icing and sparkles just like the one in youre avatar.Isnt that more pleasing?She's our fancy filling;)

Donut
08-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Elvis' image has been milked since 1956.They had tasteless products way back then.You cant please all the fans.I think many wouldnt like it if Elvis' face didnt pop up everywhere.We fans actually like seeing him on everything.It gives up the feeling he's still with us to a point.The music matters most I know.Yet we still buy the stuff.Im guilty on ocassion also myself.I have around a dozen Elvis figurines staring at me right now while Im writing.If she didnt milk the Elvis image you would hear "how come we dont see Elvis stuff anymore"?Priscilla promotes Elvis.You have to or he will fade away to a point.It's been 32 years and you cant hardly tell he's gone.All due to the Presley machine.She's just the face on it.When she's gone somebody else will take over.They just wont be as prominent or have the personal connection she had.I believe she's had a positive impact.Trust me on this one this one.It's mainly jealousy;)

No, it's not ;). And all the merchandising you mention is a disgrace to his work and image. The 50's were 50 years ago and things change, there's no need to be that tacky if what you really want is keep Elvis legacy alive. Priscilla mostly promoted herself. I just made that comparision with MJ's father to try make you understand why most us don't like her, it's not about jealously. Linda lived with Elvis for 4 years and is liked by most of his fans. If anyone don't believe it they just have to start a poll...

Donut
08-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Hey Doughnut
Think of the Elvis estate without Priscilla.There would be no one to look to.No face on the empire to identify with.An ordinary plain doughtnut if you will.Add Priscilla and you get fancy icing and sparkles just like the one in youre avatar.Isnt that more pleasing?She's our fancy filling;)

:laughing: What's wrong with being a plain donut? Next time I go to the States I'm going to stamp on your tomatoes and pluck your guinea fowls :lol:

jak
08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
No, it's not ;). And all the merchandising you mention is a disgrace to his work and image. The 50's were 50 years ago and things change, there's no need to be that tacky if what you really want is keep Elvis legacy alive. Priscilla mostly promoted herself. I just made that comparision with MJ's father to try make you understand why most us don't like her, it's not about jealously. Linda lived with Elvis for 4 years and is liked by most of his fans. If anyone don't believe it they just have to start a poll...

You have a valid point about the merchandising.The mickey mouse syndrome has adversley impacted his image.Like I said the music is what really matters.I just think that the merchandising keeps his face out in the public.That's why Elvis still earns so much.I do cringe though when I see some of the dumb stuff they come up with.
We also agree about Linda.She is well liked by most.She's comes across as down to earth and is easy to like.Miss Priss does comes across as aloof and cold.Im not so sure that's true.I know many fans who have told me how nice she is in person.One of my best friends here came across her at the peabody once eating breakfast.She got invited to sit down and eat with her.Im not so sure she is always promoting herself.I think that's the perception because she is always the one speaking in front of the podium.Im not saying she doesnt want to advance her status.You dont go on Dancing With The Stars because youre a wallflower.Personally I dont see anything wrong with it.The Presley name opened the door for her that's for sure.Yet she has proven to be succesfull all on her own.She's one smart lady so let's give her credit where due.

jak
08-18-2009, 03:16 PM
:laughing: What's wrong with being a plain donut? Next time I go to the States I'm going to stamp on your tomatoes and pluck your guinea fowls :lol:

Hey you better wait till next spring.Im gonna till my garden this weekend and my guineas need their feathers for winter.Let me know when you come and i will have the doughnuts and apple cider waiting.

Donut
08-19-2009, 04:35 AM
I know many fans who have told me how nice she is in person.One of my best friends here came across her at the peabody once eating breakfast.She got invited to sit down and eat with her.

Sure, she could well be nice in private and have many good human qualities but all that is not incompatible with being an opportunist. The only thing I see is, rightly or wrongly, she didn't want anything to do with Elvis since 72 but after his death when the money stopped coming in she miraculously changed her mind. Elvis was a human being, you know... money is not everything in life. Once Elvis was gone he didn't need the empire they have created for themselves, the only thing that matters is if people care about you while you are alive. Everything you do after a person is not longer here is only for your own contentment.
I only need his music and movies wich they mostly don't own the rights to and what I think it's what's really important and worthy promoting so if she felt lost when her chicken of the golden eggs died, I coulnd't care less. She got a lot of money from the divorce, if she was such a smart woman she should have invested it.

Like Forrest Gump said, that's all I have to say about that :yawn:

Teddy
08-19-2009, 04:43 AM
Like Forrest Gump said, that's all I have to say about that :yawn:

Until the next time, Cake :mad:

When I met her she was positively angelic http://smiley.net.ru/chaang066.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/chaang2.htm)http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm):wub:

And all your criticisms are rendered moot by the existence of her daughter.
You know, the one that Elvis sired :rolleyes:

Donut
08-19-2009, 04:48 AM
And all your criticisms are rendered moot by the existence of her daughter.
You know, the one that Elvis sired :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, her little 41 years old daughter... how could I forget :lol:

Teddy
08-19-2009, 04:56 AM
Oh yeah, her little 41 years old daughter... how could I forget :lol:

We all know that she was far from 41 when Cilla performed the convoluted heist which you're accusing her of :rolleyes:
And frankly it wouldn't have made any difference if she was.

Donut
08-19-2009, 05:00 AM
We all know that she was far from 41 when Cilla performed the convoluted heist which you're accusing her of :rolleyes:
And frankly it wouldn't have made any difference if she was.

It doesn't make a difference for you but it does for me because I see Elvis as a human being while to you the only human being that matters in this story is Priscilla.

May
08-19-2009, 05:09 AM
.Miss Priss does comes across as aloof and cold.Im not so sure that's true.I know many fans who have told me how nice she is in person.One of my best friends here came across her at the peabody once eating breakfast.She got invited to sit down and eat with her..

Seriously? Got invited to sit down and eat with her? Seems a strange thing to do from someone who openly admits to not having many friends and she is wary of people and untrusting.

When I met her I didnt find her friendly. Not rude exactly, but yes, cold is a good word for her.:cold: And she was promoting her book, so she was there to meet people.

May
08-19-2009, 05:12 AM
.Yet she has proven to be succesfull all on her own.She's one smart lady so let's give her credit where due.

Not sure I agree with this.
She wasnt particularly successful in her films. She is and has been promoting a "product" if you will, Elvis, for years, but its said before - anyone could sell Elvis.

I'm not saying she's a dumbo or anything, but she was part of the group who wanted to carry on using Col Parker to 'manage' Elvis after his death. I know all this has been discussed in length before about the judge etc. but she certainly hasnt done this alone. And as far as being successful all on her own. :hmm::hmm: ??

May
08-19-2009, 05:14 AM

Yes, lets.
Someone start a poll!:D

Teddy
08-19-2009, 05:14 AM
It doesn't make a difference for you but it does for me because I see Elvis as a human being while to you the only human being that matters in this story is Priscilla.

Nonsense! It's just that this idea that she was a malevolent force in Elvis' life is a myth perpetrated by envious individuals. :closedeye

And Elvis isn't the one being attacked in this instance, it's Priscilla. If anybody was casting aspersions over Elvis's character as unfairly as this, then I'd defend him just as readily.

May
08-19-2009, 05:16 AM
Surely Teddy you are open minded enough to realise there are people out there who dislike Pris and yet arent at all envious of her?

Donut
08-19-2009, 05:27 AM
Nonsense! It's just that this idea that she was a malevolent force in Elvis' life is a myth perpetrated by envious individuals. :closedeye

And Elvis isn't the one being attacked in this instance, it's Priscilla. If anybody was casting aspersions over Elvis's character as unfairly as this, then I'd defend him just as readily.

I don't know what are you refering to. I never said such thing and I didn't attack her at all, I only called her an opportunist wich is exactly what she is.

opĚporĚtunĚist (pr-tnst, -ty-)
n.
One who takes advantage of any opportunity to achieve an end, often with no regard for principles or consequences.

I find "strange" that I have been saying all through this thread that Elvis ignored her and was unfaithful to her constantly and you haven't opened your mouth, but now that I simply said she is an opportunist you are ready to jump on me :closedeye

Teddy
08-19-2009, 05:28 AM
Surely Teddy you are open minded enough to realise there are people out there who dislike Pris and yet arent at all envious of her?

No. I'm far too much of a realist to accept that likelihood.

She's supernaturally beautiful, earth-shudderingly rich and was married to Elvis Presley. It is impossible for anyone to form an opinion on the woman without considering one or all of those actualities.

Open-mindedness doesn't come into it. The fact that people are so passionate in their condemning of her is evidence beyond doubt that she is being assessed emotionally rather than with an equitable assessment of the facts. The only sensible conclusion is that it is motivated by jealousy.

You're busted, basically. ;)

May
08-19-2009, 05:34 AM
Oh dear, so you're not open minded. How disappointing. :hmm:
I have to correct you on a small fact though, she was attractive. I am quite sure there wouldnt be that many women today who would want a face like hers.:blush::blink:
Even back when she was beautiful (IMO), it is all a matter of opinion. Some people didnt find her beautiful. :P

Plus people can be absolutely gorgeous on the outside, and when you get to converse with them, they can turn out to be downright ghastly!

Teddy
08-19-2009, 05:41 AM
I don't know what are you refering to. I never said such thing and I didn't attack her at all, I only called her an opportunist wich is exactly what she is.

I find "strange" that I have been saying all through this thread that Elvis ignored her and was unfaithful to her constantly and you haven't opened your mouth, but now that I simply said she is an opportunist you are ready to jump on me :closedeye

Because Elvis was unfaithful and did ignore her! Why would I try to correct that assertion?

If you check the definition of opportunist which you're carelessly brandishing, it clearly says "often with no regard for principles or consequences". This is clearly your desired implication, and that is the element which bothers me.

There is no evidence whatsoever to indicate that she had an entirely mercenary approach to her execution of Elvis's will with 'no regard for principles or consequences'. To assume that she did is a questionable leap of assumption and most likely motivated by jealousy. :nono:

Donut
08-19-2009, 05:43 AM

She's supernaturally beautiful, earth-shudderingly rich and was married to Elvis Presley. It is impossible for anyone to form an opinion on the woman without considering one or all of those actualities.

Open-mindedness doesn't come into it. The fact that people are so passionate in their condemning of her is evidence beyond doubt that she is being assessed emotionally rather than with an equitable assessment of the facts. The only sensible conclusion is that it is motivated by jealousy.

Sure... you read the posts here at all or you have that reply saved on Word :lol:

Teddy
08-19-2009, 05:47 AM
Oh dear, so you're not open minded. How disappointing. :hmm:

I saw that coming :rolleyes:
Like I was saying, what's really needed here is a dispassionate assessment of the situation.
We can save our 'open minds' for the next time I start a thread like 'Elvis: A Life In Women?' :smoke:

Diane
08-19-2009, 05:48 AM

People (his own entourage..and wife) and the media have cast aspersions over Elvis' character since the very beginning yet for Priscilla it's considered unfair but not for Elvis???????:'(

Diane

Donut
08-19-2009, 05:50 AM
Because Elvis was unfaithful and did ignore her! Why would I try to correct that assertion?

If you check the definition of opportunist which you're carelessly brandishing, it clearly says "often with no regard for principles or consequences". This is clearly your desired implication, and that is the element which bothers me.

There is no evidence whatsoever to indicate that she had an entirely mercenary approach to her execution of Elvis's will with 'no regard for principles or consequences'. To assume that she did is a questionable leap of assumption and most likely motivated by jealousy. :nono:

Where did I mention the will?
The consequences are these! People have seen how she put money above her dignity as a woman and we critize her for that!

Donut
08-19-2009, 05:51 AM
People (his own entourage..and wife) and the media have cast aspersions over Elvis' character since the very beginning yet for Priscilla it's considered unfair but not for Elvis???????:'(

Diane

That's what bothers me too. It's completely unfair!

Teddy
08-19-2009, 05:52 AM
Sure... you read the posts here at all or you have that reply saved on Word :lol:

It's been a while so I'm addressing the Cilla-criticisms in general. http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)

And no, I don't stockpile these gems. It comes pretty easily when you've been defending her as long as I have :smoke:

Donut
08-19-2009, 05:52 AM
Like I was saying, what's really needed here is a dispassionate assessment of the situation.
We can save our 'open minds' for the next time I start a thread like 'Elvis: A Life In Women?' :smoke:

Cool, because I'm thinking about starting one called 'Priscilla: A life in men' :smoke:

Teddy
08-19-2009, 05:55 AM
Where did I mention the will?
The consequences are these! People have seen how she put money above her dignity as a woman and we critize her for that!

Whether it's the will, the divorce settlement or whatever. It all comes back to the same thing. Don't muddy the waters with pedantry! ;)

Teddy
08-19-2009, 05:58 AM

Diane

Like I said, no one is doing that in this thread.

Donut
08-19-2009, 05:58 AM
Whether it's the will, the divorce settlement or whatever. It all comes back to the same thing. Don't muddy the waters with pedantry! ;)

Pedantry? I'm not like you :smoke:

Teddy
08-19-2009, 06:01 AM
Cool, because I'm thinking about starting one called 'Priscilla: A life in men' :smoke:

Which would be definitely motivated by jealousy! :lol:

Donut
08-19-2009, 06:06 AM
Which would be definitely motivated by jealousy! :lol:

Yeah, should I start with her boyfriends or with the ones who tried to rape her? :lol:

Teddy
08-19-2009, 06:09 AM
It's staggering, just how low you will stoop in your unfounded demonization of this person :closedeye

May
08-19-2009, 06:12 AM

Well I suppose we cant all be everything. Although I would rather be open minded as opposed to psychic! :D:D:D:D

Diane
08-19-2009, 06:12 AM
She's supernaturally beautiful

You may find it surprising that all men don't agree with you. Some found her passingly pretty including my husband.:)

Diane

Donut
08-19-2009, 06:13 AM
It's staggering, just how low you will stoop in your unfounded demonization of this person :closedeye

But Teddy... :'( I didn't made that up... Priscilla did! :lol:

May
08-19-2009, 06:14 AM
Yeah, should I start with her boyfriends or with the ones who tried to rape her? :lol:

(y)(y)(y)(y):D;)

Teddy
08-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Yes, Priscilla has the unfortunate distinction of being one of these rare individuals who can get sexually assaulted as a minor and even be condemned for that. :rolleyes:

Donut
08-19-2009, 06:23 AM
Yes, Priscilla has the unfortunate distinction of being one of these rare individuals who can get sexually assaulted as a minor and even be condemned for that. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that really happened. I have yet to get Priscilla telling a lie :rolleyes:

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 07:26 AM
No. He was mine!!!!

:P:P:P:flex:Well, that ain't what he said!:secret::clap::smoke::laughing:

Nope afraid not....nor mine either.

Diane

Geeze Diane...you've just shattered my little world! Party pooper! lol.:blink:;):lmfao:

I thought so

Do you think Michael Jackson's fans dislike Michael's father because they are jealous of him?

:clap::notworthy:whistling

(y):wiggle::clap:

What's wrong with being a plain donut? Next time I go to the States I'm going to stamp on your tomatoes and pluck your guinea fowls :

Hey now...lay off the tomatoes! :cop::please:

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 07:28 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao: (y)
I need to go back and read all 12 pages before I dare comment, but King's Queen, you're back, honey!

:blush::blush:;) Love you too girl! :D:D

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Donut...be it a plain one...lol., & Teddy...a grumpy old bear (when it comes to Pris!)..lol. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart....(y):notworthy:notworthy:clap::clap:
You guys totally bumped me right out of the line of fire! :wiggle::wiggle:

Ahhhh, tis good to have friends who will rescue you when you need it!!! Love you guys....:group::smoke::wiggle:

Teddy
08-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Yeah. They don't like how Michael's father is trying to milk the cow and that's what many Elvis fans don't like about Priscilla.

This analogy isn't really borne out successfully, folks.

Joe Jackson is criticized for what he did to his child, not for his child.
He profited at the expense of his offspring, not specifically to their advantage.

Teddy
08-19-2009, 07:40 AM
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart....(y):notworthy:notworthy:clap::clap:
You guys totally bumped me right out of the line of fire! :wiggle::wiggle:

I'm glad some good came from poor little Cilla being dragged through the mangle again :closedeye

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm glad some good came from poor little Cilla being dragged through the mangle again :closedeye

:doh::doh::doh:Dearest Teddy, you could have used any adjectives other than those!!! :doh::doh: My head is hurting now....;):lmfao::lmfao:

Diane
08-19-2009, 07:45 AM
:P:P:P:flex:[COLOR="Red"]Geeze Diane...you've just shattered my little world! Party pooper! lol.:blink:;):lmfao:

I'm so sorry:'( Better to know and not be brokenhearted though.....

Diane

Teddy
08-19-2009, 07:46 AM
:doh::doh::doh:Dearest Teddy, you could have used any adjectives other than those!!!

I beg to differ! She's tiny! That's part of what makes her so adorable :wub:

Okay, I guess she isn't so poor but that's part of why you're all so jealous! :lol:

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 07:48 AM

He profited at the expense of his offspring, not specifically to their advantage.
Okay now...at the risk of sticking my fat back into the fire...:helpsmili, here goes:

I don't think she is getting criticized for her child as much as she is for just being herself. :blink: :supriced: :P

Not gonna open up another can of worms here, but we all have our own opinions about her "mothering" skills too....:hmm::oops::doh: ;)

Although I must say, you have my respect! If you were a woman, you'd make a good Tammy Wynette...lol! She sung about standing by your man, and you are standing by your woman! ;):P

Sending you hugs Teddy-bear!!!:hug::hug:(y):wub:

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm so sorry:'( Better to know and not be brokenhearted though.....

Diane

Well, it makes me feel better just to think that you actually had my best interest at heart! ;);) Love ya Diane...:D

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 07:54 AM
I beg to differ! She's tiny! That's part of what makes her so adorable :wub:

Okay, I guess she isn't so poor but that's part of why you're all so jealous! :lol:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: If I didn't like you so much...I wouldn't like you at all after that comment! :supriced::lmfao::lmfao:

And besides...who says I'm jealous of Prissy??? :blink::P

(Answer with extreme caution!) :lmfao::lmfao:

Teddy
08-19-2009, 07:57 AM
She sung about standing by your man, and you are standing by your woman! ;):P

Endlessly. Look at me standing by her...

32407http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Endlessly. Look at me standing by her...

32407http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)

:blink::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::doh:
WOW! So much for your theory about her being "tiny"....:blink: You are a very small bear compared to her! ;):lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Donut
08-19-2009, 08:00 AM

He is critizised because people envy his good looks and masculine presence. He only wants a better future for his grandchildren :whistling

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 08:02 AM
He is critizised because people envy his good looks and masculine presence. He only wants a better future for his grandchildren :whistling

ROFLMBO!!!! Seriously! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Teddy
08-19-2009, 08:03 AM
You are a very small bear compared to her! ;):lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:[/COLOR][/B]

Well she's never complained :mad:http://smiley.net.ru/misanm1268.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm37.htm)

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 08:04 AM

Almost sounds like a male version of our Pris, eh??? :hmm::doh::lmfao:

Sorry Teddy...couldn't resist! :blush:;):lol:

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Well she's never complained :mad:http://smiley.net.ru/misanm1268.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm37.htm)

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Maybe not to you but there is this internet rumor....:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Donut
08-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Almost sounds like a male version of our Pris, eh??? :hmm::doh::lmfao:

Sorry Teddy...couldn't resist! :blush:;):lol:

(y)(y)(y) Exactly.

Donut
08-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Maybe not to you but there is this internet rumor....:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

You are going to make him cry :laughing:

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 08:14 AM

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:;)

Well, he made my head hurt! :blink::doh::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Teddy
08-19-2009, 08:16 AM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

32408http://smiley.net.ru/bigoth0113.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/bigoth4.htm):blush:

Donut
08-19-2009, 08:17 AM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:;)

Well, he made my head hurt! :blink::doh::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Yes, it's a gift he has :lol:

Teddy
08-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Yes, it's a gift he has :lol:

http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)http://smiley.net.ru/celbir012.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/celbir1.htm)

Donut
08-19-2009, 08:23 AM
http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)http://smiley.net.ru/celbir012.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/celbir1.htm)

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2008/011/2/b/moonwalk_emoticon_by_c_specter.gif

Teddy
08-19-2009, 08:33 AM

:'( Well in the spirit of more lazy comparisons, it's a bit like Elvis remarked about the competition presented by the Beatles...
http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm) There's only one of me :closedeye

Donut
08-19-2009, 08:40 AM
:'( Well in the spirit of more lazy comparisons, it's a bit like Elvis remarked about the competition presented by the Beatles...
http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm) There's only one of me :closedeye

I don't get it, Bear :blink:

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/dancing/michael-jackson.gif

Teddy
08-19-2009, 08:43 AM
I don't get it, Bear :blink:

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/dancing/michael-jackson.gif

There are several of you (Cilla Bashers, of course. The competition).
Oh just work it out, Cake! I said it was lazy :mad:

Junebug
08-19-2009, 08:44 AM
I do believe this - Priscilla Presley is not perfect.

And for whatever flaws people may feel she has or missteps she has taken, there are many who would have and could have done worse given the same situations. IMO, her success - and I don't mean monetarily - is based in a large part on the ability to move forward in spite of any negative energy or circumstances that occur. She is passionate and deeply cares about many issues in today's society. She is giving of her energy and time and is a loving mother, daughter, and grandmother. Public gaffes - perhaps....but IMO she also learns and is intested in personal growth. No, that does not mean I classify her as a 'saint'. However, I do respect her as a person and do not find signs of malevolence in her behavior.

:D

May
08-19-2009, 08:45 AM
32408http://smiley.net.ru/bigoth0113.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/bigoth4.htm):blush:
Hey teddy, isnt that particular picture the one where she is "dancing tuil dawn" with Mike Edwards.???:lol:

Teddy
08-19-2009, 08:49 AM
I do respect her as a person and do not find signs of malevolence in her behavior.

At last- the voice of sanity :notworthy
I didn't agree with the bit about her not being perfect, though :doh::lmfao:

Teddy
08-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Hey teddy, isnt that particular picture the one where she is "dancing tuil dawn" with Mike Edwards.???:lol:

Well spotted, May. ;)

Diane
08-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Well, it makes me feel better just to think that you actually had my best interest at heart! ;);) Love ya Diane...:D

:)I really do care about your feeling but you know I'm a cautious person.:lol:

Love you too kiddo,
Diane

Donut
08-19-2009, 08:55 AM

http://www.zukland.cl/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/michael.gif

May
08-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Well spotted, May. ;)

Thank you. :D
Although, I didnt think you approved of him? Isn't that what 'they' call "jealousy" ?? :hmm::hmm::hmm::D

elvislady
08-19-2009, 09:10 AM

And for whatever flaws people may feel she has or missteps she has taken, there are many who would have and could have done worse given the same situations. IMO, her success - and I don't mean monetarily - is based in a large part on the ability to move forward in spite of any negative energy or circumstances that occur. She is passionate and deeply cares about many issues in today's society. She is giving of her energy and time and is a loving mother, daughter, and grandmother. Public gaffes - perhaps....but IMO she also learns and is intested in personal growth. No, that does not mean I classify her as a 'saint'. However, I do respect her as a person and do not find signs of malevolence in her behavior.

I agree june... at the end of the day none of us are " saints" although some might think they are.lol

elvislady:D

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 09:14 AM
32408http://smiley.net.ru/bigoth0113.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/bigoth4.htm)

What a man!!! Oops...I mean, What a bear!!! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

:)I really do care about your feeling but you know I'm a cautious person.

Love you too kiddo,
Diane

;):lmfao::lmfao:(y)At least I know you've got my back!

At last- the voice of sanity
I didn't agree with the bit about her not being perfect, though

Okay...now I'm gonna hurl! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:;)

Thank you.
Although, I didnt think you approved of him? Isn't that what 'they' call "jealousy" ??

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::Can you say, BUSTED? I think May has ya on this one Teddy-bear! ;);):P:lmfao:

Teddy
08-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Thank you. :D
Although, I didnt think you approved of him? Isn't that what 'they' call "jealousy" ?? :hmm::hmm::hmm::D

I certainly don't approve of him! :mad: That's why I replaced him in the picture!
32409http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)
Unlike 'some people', I have no shame in declaring my jealousies. :closedeye

Donut
08-19-2009, 09:15 AM

Oh, I finally got it... Don't ever ask me to show you how do to anything http://smiley.net.ru/entoth0009.gif

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 09:16 AM
I agree june... at the end of the day none of us are " saints" although some might think they are.lol

:blink::blink:Now Jean...all of us old school Elvis fans are saintly! ;):blush: Surely you agree??? :supriced::P:lmfao::lmfao:

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 09:17 AM
I certainly don't approve of him! :mad: That's why I replaced him in the picture!

Oh no!!! Your ego has deflated again Teddy...we're back to the "Little Bear" stuff again! :doh::doh::lmfao::lmfao:;)

elvislady
08-19-2009, 09:20 AM
:blink::blink:Now Jean...all of us old school Elvis fans are saintly! ;):blush: Surely you agree??? :supriced::P:lmfao::lmfao:

lea, when i said some might think they are we are exactly what i meant! :lmfao::lmfao:

elvislady

Teddy
08-19-2009, 09:21 AM
What a man!!! Oops...I mean, What a bear!!! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

http://smiley.net.ru/misanm1268.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm37.htm)32410

May
08-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Surely not ANOTHER Mike Edwards piccy?

Pacerstar
08-19-2009, 09:30 AM

I suppose it would be preposterous to assume that since Elvis was supernaturally beautiful, earth-shudderingly rich, vastly talented and undeniably attractive to women and he WAS Elvis Presley, that he is assessed
by the male population emotionally rather than with an equitable assessment of facts and not even a degree of jealousy!:blink::blink::blink::blink:

elvislady
08-19-2009, 09:31 AM

Here is my sig... i am not jealous. she was beautiful and i do say was..

Teddy
08-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Surely not ANOTHER Mike Edwards piccy?

You have a very good knowledge of Cilla pictures, May :hmm:

http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)

I always thought there was something familiar about you ;)

Teddy
08-19-2009, 09:39 AM
I suppose it would be preposterous to assume that since Elvis was supernaturally beautiful, earth-shudderingly rich, vastly talented and undeniably attractive to women and he WAS Elvis Presley, that he is assessed
by the male population emotionally rather than with an equitable assessment of facts and not even a degree of jealousy!:blink::blink::blink::blink:

I see what you're trying to do here, but it hasn't worked. ;)
I'm completely jealous of Elvis. Mainly for sleeping with Priscilla (y)

elvislady
08-19-2009, 09:43 AM

:lmfao::lmfao:

elvislady

Pacerstar
08-19-2009, 09:46 AM

:D:D:D:D Well, I tried! But, I wasn't meaning just you, Teddy.:D:D:D:D

May
08-19-2009, 09:48 AM
You have a very good knowledge of Cilla pictures, May :hmm:

http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)

I always thought there was something familiar about you ;)

Well, like a lot of people I have also read Child Bride and the Mike Edwards book.

kathy parkinson
08-19-2009, 09:51 AM

elvislady Love that picture Elvis Lady

Teddy
08-19-2009, 09:52 AM

:D:D:D:D Well, I tried! But, I wasn't meaning just you, Teddy.:D:D:D:D

It was a very good effort, I'll give you that (y)(y)(y) http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0133.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm4.htm)

elvislady
08-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Love that picture Elvis Lady

I think its the tongue that does it kathy! lol

Teddy
08-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Well, like a lot of people I have also read Child Bride and the Mike Edwards book.

Whatever you say ;)

I wonder what you can tell me about this one :hmm:
http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)32413

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 12:24 PM
lea, when i said some might think they are we are exactly what i meant!

elvislady

:blink::blink::lmfao::lmfao:(y)

by the male population emotionally rather than with an equitable assessment of facts and not even a degree of jealousy!

BRAVO!!!!(y):notworthy:notworthy;)

I see what you're trying to do here, but it hasn't worked.
I'm completely jealous of Elvis. Mainly for sleeping with Priscilla

:doh::doh:Teddy, you bear!! :supriced: You singlehandedly ruined a perfectly good post! Shame on you...:P:P:lmfao::lmfao:

I think its the tongue that does it kathy! lol

Wooohoooo!!! I totally agree!!! (y):P:P

Diane
08-19-2009, 03:24 PM

Yeah, uh hum...sure we are:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Diane

jak
08-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Seriously? Got invited to sit down and eat with her? Seems a strange thing to do from someone who openly admits to not having many friends and she is wary of people and untrusting.

When I met her I didnt find her friendly. Not rude exactly, but yes, cold is a good word for her.:cold: And she was promoting her book, so she was there to meet people.

That's right.My friend and another got invited to breakfast by Miss Priss.She coulldnt have been nicer.She had no agenda.Just being friendly.She was such a sweetheart.

jak
08-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Not sure I agree with this.
She wasnt particularly successful in her films. She is and has been promoting a "product" if you will, Elvis, for years, but its said before - anyone could sell Elvis.

I'm not saying she's a dumbo or anything, but she was part of the group who wanted to carry on using Col Parker to 'manage' Elvis after his death. I know all this has been discussed in length before about the judge etc. but she certainly hasnt done this alone. And as far as being successful all on her own. :hmm::hmm: ??

The Naked Gun series was incredibly successful.She also did well on televison.She has succeeded on many levels.There is no denying that.What a multi talented woman.Bless her heart.

jak
08-19-2009, 03:58 PM

A voice of reason.What a great post.

jak
08-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Priscilla is most often slammed I think by many because they feel she is using Elvis' fame for her own gain.There is truth in that.It's just not the whole story.People like her and others who were close to Elvis all have something in common.They have this huge all engulfing shadow that follows them wherever they go.They cannot escape it.They dont have to shout they knew Elvis.They are constantly hounded by people asking questions or whatever.The endless curiousty about Elvis wont stop.So why blame her or others for just satisfying the need?Somebody must be listening to the stories or buying the crap.Priscilla and others are just giving the majority of the fans what they want which is Elvis and more Elvis.The souivenir stuff sells better than the music.I wish it wasnt so but it is.The people who new Elvis firsthand are just feeding the beast.Why shouldnt they profit from it?It's called capitilism.Seizing an opportunity.I wonder how many here could resist from doing the same thing if they were in their shoes.

BTW:Anybody who says Miss Priss wasnt absolutley stunning back in the day needs glasses.Bless her heart.

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Priscilla is most often slammed I think by many because they feel she is using Elvis' fame for her own gain.There is truth in that.It's just not the whole story.People like her and others who were close to Elvis all have something in common.They have this huge all engulfing shadow that follows them wherever they go.They cannot escape it.They dont have to shout they knew Elvis.They are constantly hounded by people asking questions or whatever.The endless curiousty about Elvis wont stop.So why blame her or others for just satisfying the need?Somebody must be listening to the stories or buying the crap.Priscilla and others are just giving the majority of the fans what they want which is Elvis and more Elvis.The souivenir stuff sells better than the music.I wish it wasnt so but it is.The people who new Elvis firsthand are just feeding the beast.Why shouldnt they profit from it?It's called capitilism.Seizing an opportunity.I wonder how many here could resist from doing the same thing if they were in their shoes.

BTW:Anybody who says Miss Priss wasnt absolutley stunning back in the day needs glasses.Bless her heart.

Jak, I think you are right in one sense. The public does seem to have an unquenchable thirst for practically anything Elvis. And yes, many have capitalized from it...not just Pris. But speaking for myself, my problem with her goes a bit deeper. I personally feel that she has used the Presley name to benefit herself. As a woman, I have a big ol' problem with that. :blink::doh: And to be dirt honest, I would not have done that had I been his ex-wife! The choice to keep the husbands last name when a divorce occurs is up to the individual...I didn't choose to do that when I went through one myself. I spoke with my kids, explained my perspective to them, and they agreed with me. My thought was this: If I cannot live with this man as his wife, then why should I continue to carry his name? I felt that I would have been keeping and using something that wasn't actually mine to begin with. It was only mine as long as I was his wife. Taking that view, had she dropped his last name, and not allowed herself to continuously be referred to as his "widow", I wouldn't have as much of a problem with her. To me, she has mooched every penny she could from him. And if she felt secure in her own endeavors, why would she even feel the need? Better yet...if she couldn't live with the man, why not save face and live without his money??? After all...she is the woman who gave birth to his only heir. That in itself should have made her feel secure enough...after all, surely her daughter wouldn't allow her Mother to ever go without, now would she?

Again, I know this is a matter of personal opinion and I'm only trying to explain mine.

And yes, in her "natural" state, she was a very pretty woman. It's too bad she couldn't leave well enough alone, accept her age, and take a chance on aging gracefully. There is no doubt she would look far better right now...(y)

Now go ahead...somebody slam me. I'm patiently waiting...:doh: :supriced::P

Teddy
08-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Anybody who says Miss Priss wasnt absolutley stunning back in the day needs glasses.Bless her heart.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

jak
08-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Jak, I think you are right in one sense. The public does seem to have an unquenchable thirst for practically anything Elvis. And yes, many have capitalized from it...not just Pris. But speaking for myself, my problem with her goes a bit deeper. I personally feel that she has used the Presley name to benefit herself. As a woman, I have a big ol' problem with that. :blink::doh: And to be dirt honest, I would not have done that had I been his ex-wife! The choice to keep the husbands last name when a divorce occurs is up to the individual...I didn't choose to do that when I went through one myself. I spoke with my kids, explained my perspective to them, and they agreed with me. My thought was this: If I cannot live with this man as his wife, then why should I continue to carry his name? I felt that I would have been keeping and using something that wasn't actually mine to begin with. It was only mine as long as I was his wife. Taking that view, had she dropped his last name, and not allowed herself to continuously be referred to as his "widow", I wouldn't have as much of a problem with her. To me, she has mooched every penny she could from him. And if she felt secure in her own endeavors, why would she even feel the need? Better yet...if she couldn't live with the man, why not save face and live without his money??? After all...she is the woman who gave birth to his only heir. That in itself should have made her feel secure enough...after all, surely her daughter wouldn't allow her Mother to ever go without, now would she?

Again, I know this is a matter of personal opinion and I'm only trying to explain mine.

And yes, in her "natural" state, she was a very pretty woman. It's too bad she couldn't leave well enough alone, accept her age, and take a chance on aging gracefully. There is no doubt she would look far better right now...(y)

I dont think anybody should slam you for youre post.You made some legitimate comments.I think you and I meet somewhere in the middle here.I would never say she hasnt used the Presley name for her own gain.Of course she has.I guess I think why shouldnt she?She was Mrs Presley.The mother of his only child.I think these things afford her some leniency.She was not his "widow" however.I still see her as someone who has done nothing but stand up and protect Elvis.I may not agree with everything she does.Overall I think she's had a positive impact dealing with Elvis' estate.When it comes to her keeping the Presley name I say this.Maybe she is proud of it?Wouldnt anybody be?Would anybody here want to give it up?Maybe she only left him because she felt no other choice.Isnt there a story where even the divorce judge commented on their obvious affection to each other.Im just saying we are all making assumptions about her and that relationship.Some just see what they want to IMO.

jak
08-19-2009, 06:23 PM
I've been thinking again about Miss Priss inviting my friend and her buddy to her table for breakfast.This happened several years ago.Within the last 8 or 9 years I think.It just occured to me that I dont recall being told she picked up the tab.I just wanted to show Im not a Miss priss worshiper.It's possible she's a cheapskate!You gotta believe some of that Elvis money could have bought three breakfast meals.

Teddy
08-19-2009, 06:42 PM
I personally feel that she has used the Presley name to benefit herself. As a woman, I have a big ol' problem with that. :blink::doh:

Take it up with the multitude of female professionals who have done the same thing after establishing a lucrative reputation under their married name.

It's not chicanery, it's not deceptive and mercenary, it's taking care of business, it's life in our times and since you're a female who made the same matrimonial choices that she did, she should have your support! Think about it!

It's not one rule for Cilla and another rule for everybody else just because she married Elvis!

And don't be saying "she didn't have a career to maintain beforehand"- he pointedly groomed her from fourteen years old, for goodness' sake! A surname is the very least she's entitled to take in order to forge a life!

Teddy
08-19-2009, 06:43 PM
I've been thinking again about Miss Priss inviting my friend and her buddy to her table for breakfast.This happened several years ago.Within the last 8 or 9 years I think.It just occured to me that I dont recall being told she picked up the tab.I just wanted to show Im not a Miss priss worshiper.It's possible she's a cheapskate!You gotta believe some of that Elvis money could have bought three breakfast meals.

Ok, you've blown it ;)

Teddy
08-19-2009, 06:45 PM
I dont think anybody should slam you for youre post.You made some legitimate comments.I think you and I meet somewhere in the middle here.I would never say she hasnt used the Presley name for her own gain.Of course she has.I guess I think why shouldnt she?She was Mrs Presley.The mother of his only child.I think these things afford her some leniency.She was not his "widow" however.I still see her as someone who has done nothing but stand up and protect Elvis.I may not agree with everything she does.Overall I think she's had a positive impact dealing with Elvis' estate.When it comes to her keeping the Presley name I say this.Maybe she is proud of it?Wouldnt anybody be?Would anybody here want to give it up?Maybe she only left him because she felt no other choice.Isnt there a story where even the divorce judge commented on their obvious affection to each other.Im just saying we are all making assumptions about her and that relationship.Some just see what they want to IMO.

You're right here, though ;)

Lisarose
08-19-2009, 09:05 PM

Do you think that has anything at all to do with the fact that her face is - you know - messed up? Like maybe she was a bit embarrassed? I don't really have a lot of negative feelings towards her, I always thought she was one beautiful woman - don't know why she felt she had to "improve upon" her looks.
And no, I'm not trying to be rude or condescending - I mean, truly, maybe she's a bit reserved because she not happy about the outcome of that botched Botox fix.

Brian
08-20-2009, 01:07 AM
always thought she was one beautiful woman - don't know why she felt she had to "improve upon" her looks.
And no, I'm not trying to be rude or condescending - I mean, truly, maybe she's a bit reserved because she not happy about the outcome of that botched Botox fix.

she wasn't trying to change her looks she was trying to maintain them.

Botox, chemical peels, plastic surgery etc.

A lot of people say her face was messed up by the botched plastic surgery she had in 2005 or 2006 but you could tell she had a lot of work done before that. in the late 90's and early 2000's she looked to have had cheek impants and a lot of botox and chemical peels because her lips and cheeks were huge.

Donut
08-20-2009, 02:44 AM
What a multi talented woman.Bless her heart.

Bless her heart.

Amen http://smiley.net.ru/chaang153.gif

Donut
08-20-2009, 03:01 AM

I agree with you completely and I don't believe it's so hard to understand ;)

May
08-20-2009, 03:12 AM
Whatever you say ;)

I wonder what you can tell me about this one :hmm:
http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)32413

She needs to get her roots done?? :doh: :lmfao:

May
08-20-2009, 03:15 AM
The Naked Gun series was incredibly successful.She also did well on televison.She has succeeded on many levels.There is no denying that.What a multi talented woman.Bless her heart.
:lmfao:
Ahh, that's right jak
http://smiley.net.ru/emooth023.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth1.htm)

May
08-20-2009, 03:16 AM
That's right.My friend and another got invited to breakfast by Miss Priss.She coulldnt have been nicer.She had no agenda.Just being friendly.She was such a sweetheart.

No agenda? :doh::hmm:

May
08-20-2009, 03:17 AM

Fantastic post.(y)(y)

May
08-20-2009, 03:18 AM
.It's possible she's a cheapskate!.

Teddy
08-20-2009, 03:19 AM
I don't believe it's so hard to understand

The raging envy must be confusing you.

May
08-20-2009, 03:22 AM
Do you think that has anything at all to do with the fact that her face is - you know - messed up? Like maybe she was a bit embarrassed? I don't really have a lot of negative feelings towards her, I always thought she was one beautiful woman - don't know why she felt she had to "improve upon" her looks.

I don't know.:hmm: Maybe.
I got the impression that she wasn't particularly comfortable having people lining up to see her. Not like Elvis was with his fans, he just seemed to love the attention they gave him.

Its almost like she wasn't sure what they were going to say to her, and whether she had the 'correct' answer to give them should they ask her something.:hmm: She also seemed quite 'jumpy'. This was with the people in front of us, (before you make a remark about me making her nervous Teddy! :P) and all I heard them asking was had she enjoyed her stay and how long was she here for. :doh:

Donut
08-20-2009, 03:30 AM
The raging envy must be confusing you.

You must be sick. There's something for the fur balls you swallow... I give it to my cat http://smiley.net.ru/entpas008.gif

Teddy
08-20-2009, 03:33 AM
Its almost like she wasn't sure what they were going to say to her

How could she possibly be sure what they were going to say to her? :doh:
As criticisms go, you're 'reaching' a bit here, May :rolleyes:

Comparing her with Elvis about the way that she conducts herself in public is absurd, too. The vast majority of people who endeavoured to meet Elvis were Elvis fans who adored him. The vast majority of people who go to see Cilla are also Elvis fans who secretly hate her.
Can you honestly blame her for being anxious or guarded?

May
08-20-2009, 03:45 AM
How could she possibly be sure what they were going to say to her? :doh:
As criticisms go, you're 'reaching' a bit here, May :rolleyes:

Comparing her with Elvis about the way that she conducts herself in public is absurd, too. The vast majority of people who endeavoured to meet Elvis were Elvis fans who adored him. The vast majority of people who go to see Cilla are also Elvis fans who secretly hate her.
Can you honestly blame her for being anxious or guarded?

Well yes actually, I can. Why would people spend a lot of money (bed linens werent cheap!!) and queue up to see her just to be rude to her?

And as far as the comment "how could she be sure what they were going to say to her" - you know EXACTLY what I mean, so stop being so obtuse!:nono:

Teddy
08-20-2009, 03:50 AM
Fantastic post.(y)(y)

Really?
So if you had been practicing as a solicitor under your married name for the duration of your career, having established a professional identity and reputation over many years with it emblazoned on your stationery, office door and ubiquitous advertising, would you honestly believe that it was your moral duty to revert to your maiden name in the eventuality of becoming divorced, just because your ex-husband is a High Court Judge?

Would it be 'cheating' to keep it in case it provided you with some kind of professional advantage? :lol:

Of all the complaints leveled at Priscilla Presley, the 'name' one is the most petty and ridiculous.

Once again- j e a l o u s y .

Donut
08-20-2009, 03:57 AM
Priscilla did. She was Beaulieu after the divorce and clearly stated she didn't want to be known as Presley.

May
08-20-2009, 03:58 AM
Really?
So if you had been practicing as a solicitor under your married name for the duration of your career,........

Oh Teddy Teddy Teddy, :lmfao:when you go to these lengths to defend Prissy, you just make me laugh Im afraid. :lmfao:

You can quote the word jealousy as much as you like (and in as many different ways as you can, in colour if you like as well as with spaces in between :lmfao: - very pretty:P) but at the end of the day I would gladly admit if I were jealous of her. You seem to forget I don't dislike Priscilla (just a lot of her actions!), as much as I don't think Elvis was a saint. You are too set on Prissy being 100% perfect to have a balanced discussion about her. :hmm:

Now then Teddy, I bet I have your psychic ability to predict your next post. Go on, surprise me! :D;)

May
08-20-2009, 04:00 AM
Priscilla did. She was Beaulieu after the divorce and clearly stated she didn't want to be known as Presley.

:hmm: wonder why she went back to Presley ??!!! Tough one! :D

answers on a postcard :lmfao:

Teddy
08-20-2009, 04:01 AM
Well yes actually, I can. Why would people spend a lot of money (bed linens werent cheap!!) and queue up to see her just to be rude to her?

I witnessed somebody being very confrontational with her! Not about her controversial religious beliefs, of course, it was about her perceived treatment of Elvis :rolleyes: Why do you think she has so much security with her for these things?

May
08-20-2009, 04:03 AM
I didn't see any security? Maybe they were hiding - too scared of the 'fans' :'(;)

Teddy
08-20-2009, 04:05 AM

She probably received some sound professional advice!
Whatever!
You wouldn't care if you didn't resent her for marrying Elvis so much! :lol:

Donut
08-20-2009, 04:05 AM

answers on a postcard :lmfao:

I've been thinking about it for years but I never found the answer ;)

Teddy
08-20-2009, 04:06 AM
I didn't see any security?

You must have been to focused in your envy to notice. :hmm:
Where were you? :doh:

May
08-20-2009, 04:08 AM
I know Donut. Its a mind-bender of a question! http://smiley.net.ru/emooth131.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth4.htm)

And even Teddy can only use the word "whatever" and bring it all down to jealousy and resentment again in her defence. Come on Teddy, buck up old man. We want proper answers http://smiley.net.ru/emooth072.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth3.htm)

Donut
08-20-2009, 04:10 AM
I witnessed somebody being very confrontational with her! Not about her controversial religious beliefs, of course, it was about her perceived treatment of Elvis :rolleyes: Why do you think she has so much security with her for these things?

That's a very interesting subject, we could talk a little about this :D

Teddy
08-20-2009, 04:11 AM
You can quote the word jealousy as much as you like (and in as many different ways as you can, in colour if you like as well as with spaces in between :lmfao: - very pretty:P) but at the end of the day I would gladly admit if I were jealous of her. You seem to forget I don't dislike Priscilla (just a lot of her actions!), as much as I don't think Elvis was a saint. You are too set on Prissy being 100% perfect to have a balanced discussion about her. :hmm:

Now then Teddy, I bet I have your psychic ability to predict your next post. Go on, surprise me! :D;)

Well that's one way to avoid answering the question. :rolleyes:
Come on, May, it's a straightforward analogy, why don't you tackle it?

May
08-20-2009, 04:11 AM
Ok, Donut you start it off. But before you do, will we get told off because its "off topic" ?

Teddy
08-20-2009, 04:12 AM
We want proper answers

Yes we do! Answer the question about changing your name! :lol:

May
08-20-2009, 04:13 AM
Well that's one way to avoid answering the question. :rolleyes:
Come on, May, it's a straightforward analogy, why don't you tackle it?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy, I too am gifted with the psychic abilities!! :clap::clap::clap:

I am just doing a little happy dance to celebrate! http://smiley.net.ru/emooth267.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth8.htm)

Teddy
08-20-2009, 04:13 AM
That's a very interesting subject, we could talk a little about this :D

It's Travolta's fault.
Next! :lmfao:

jak
08-20-2009, 04:14 AM
Ok, you've blown it ;)

I knew i would be branded a traitor.

Teddy
08-20-2009, 04:15 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy, I too am gifted with the psychic abilities!! :clap::clap::clap:

What, so you avoid answering the question and you're supposed to be clairvoyant because I call you on it? :lmfao:
Pathetic.

May
08-20-2009, 04:15 AM
We all are in the end jak.

jak
08-20-2009, 04:16 AM
Amen http://smiley.net.ru/chaang153.gif

Hey Donut
Dont tell me you have seen the light and have crossed over?

May
08-20-2009, 04:18 AM
What, so you avoid answering the question and you're supposed to be clairvoyant because I call you on it? :lmfao:
Pathetic.

So Im pathetic AND jealous. Why oh why Teddy must it come down to being personal. Tut tut naughty naughty.
The plain fact is whatever I say, you will argue with. I refer you to my previous post about not being able to have a balanced discussion about Prissy.

Now excuse me whilst I finish my happy dance. Join me if you like??
http://smiley.net.ru/emooth267.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth8.htm)

All this dancing, I must reapply some lippie http://smiley.net.ru/emooth239.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth7.htm)

Donut
08-20-2009, 04:18 AM
Ok, Donut you start it off. But before you do, will we get told off because its "off topic" ?

:hmm: Probably... we could always start a new thread about scientology in the off topic section :lmfao:

May
08-20-2009, 04:20 AM
At this point, I must extend my grateful thanks to Donut for giving me tuition on how to add these new icons on. As you can see, I am enjoying them immensly!!(y):hug:

Donut
It's Travolta's fault.
Next! :lmfao:

Yeah, how could it be Priscilla's fault? I don't know what I was thinking :blush:

May
:hmm: Probably... we could always start a new thread about scientology in the off topic section :lmfao:

Gone on then Donut. You start it off...:D

Teddy
08-20-2009, 04:21 AM
So Im pathetic AND jealous. Why oh why Teddy must it come down to being personal. Tut tut naughty naughty.

Not you, your tactics are pathetic. You are obviously jealous, though.

Still waiting . . . . . .

May
08-20-2009, 04:22 AM
Yeah, how could it be Priscilla's fault? :blush:

Perish the thought!!:lmfao:

Donut
08-20-2009, 04:23 AM
Hey Donut
Dont tell me you have seen the light and have crossed over?

Yes! I almost saw my deceased loved ones but I crossed back just in time :lol:

jak

Ok I will agree that Scientology is a goofball religion.Let's just overlook that unfortunate side of Priscilla.It's her choice.Bless her heart.

Teddy

I've thought about doing it myself but I didn't want to be dragged out of bed in the middle of the night by men in suits 'confronting' me about my 'suppressive personality'.

May
Not you, your tactics are pathetic. You are obviously jealous, though.

Still waiting . . . . . .

Well you certainly seem to know me more than I do myself! So to use your favourite word "whatever":yawn:

jak
08-20-2009, 04:24 AM
Yes! I almost saw my deceased loved ones but I crossed back just in time :lol:

Were glad you decided to stay here with us.Maybe one day when the roll is called up yonder,you can confront Prsicilla and clear up a few things for us.

Donut
08-20-2009, 04:26 AM
Gone on then Donut. You start it off...:D

I'd have to do a little research. I'm not familiar with all that nonsense Priscilla believes :rolleyes:

Teddy
08-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Well you certainly seem to know me more than I do myself!

Do you mean you would keep the name or change it? :hmm:

jak
08-20-2009, 04:28 AM
Hey Kids
Im going to the beach now and work on my tan.Please keep youre tempers in check on this thread.I will be back later this afternoon and I will check out the thread again.Obviously I will correct any wrong posts made about Miss Priss at that time.

May
08-20-2009, 04:30 AM
Yes, yes, very amusing teddy. http://smiley.net.ru/emooth141.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth5.htm)
Seriously though, we both know that whatever answer I give, it will be the wrong one IYO). Come on now, be honest.

Donut
.It's her choice.Bless her heart.

Amen!

Were glad you decided to stay here with us.Maybe one day when the roll is called up yonder,you can confront Prsicilla and clear up a few things for us.

What? Are we not supposed to see our loved ones there? :lol:

May
Hey Kids
Im going to the beach now and work on my tan.Please keep youre tempers in check on this thread.I will be back later this afternoon and I will check out the thread again.Obviously I will correct any wrong posts made about Miss Priss at that time.

Unfair!:'(

May
08-20-2009, 04:33 AM
Anyway, its been fun, but I must go an fight other peoples battles now. http://smiley.net.ru/emooth347.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth10.htm)

Til the next time(y)

Teddy
08-20-2009, 04:34 AM
Yes, yes, very amusing teddy. http://smiley.net.ru/emooth141.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth5.htm)
Seriously though, we both know that whatever answer I give, it will be the wrong one. Come on now, be honest.

No, there definitely is a very obvious correct answer.
I'm just curious to see if you're determined enough in your mission that you're prepared to select the wrong one for the sake of criticizing Priscilla Presley! :lol:

Teddy
08-20-2009, 04:36 AM
Anyway, its been fun, but I must go an fight other peoples battles now. http://smiley.net.ru/emooth347.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth10.htm)

That's that case closed, then! :lol:

May
08-20-2009, 05:06 AM
Put it this way bear, I wouldnt go on about wanting my "own name" and "own life" and "standing on my own two feet" and then once I found out I couldnt make it on my own, go back to wanting to be called my married name.
Thats just embarrassing:blush::blush::P

Teddy
08-20-2009, 05:16 AM
So what would you do. Resign yourself to abject failure?
To avoid embarrassment? :rolleyes:

May
08-20-2009, 05:19 AM
Hmm, let me see. :hmm::hmm:
No, I think I would work a lot harder to make it on my own and in the end, have the self respect, not to mention pure satisfaction that I didnt need my husbands name to make me a success.
No use rolling your eyeballs teddy, that wont do you any good. :lmfao:

:whistling

Teddy
08-20-2009, 05:25 AM
No, I think I would work a lot harder to make it on my own and in the end, have the self respect, not to mention pure satisfaction that I didnt need my husbands name to make me a success.

Is that the advice you'd give one of your clients under comparable circumstances? :hmm:

May
08-20-2009, 05:28 AM
Come now Teddy, to accept defect graciously is the true sign of a man and, perhaps, a more rounded human being.:wub:

Donut
08-20-2009, 05:31 AM
Why do people in your countries lose or change their name after their wedding? :doh: I will never understand that.

Teddy
08-20-2009, 05:31 AM
Come now Teddy, to accept defect graciously is the true sign of a man and, perhaps, a more rounded human being.:wub:

Accept "defect"?http://smiley.net.ru/misanm1268.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm37.htm)
And who are you calling a human being?

But seriously, if I'd been defeated I'd be happy to admit it ;)

May
08-20-2009, 05:35 AM
OOoooooooooh, is your nose growing??
Apologies for the typo. I hope it didnt offend you too much!! You can understand though, I have trouble with that particular word in that I dont often have the need to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teddy
08-20-2009, 05:39 AM
OOoooooooooh, is your nose growing??
Apologies for the typo. I hope it didnt offend you too much!!

So you would advise a divorce client under similar circumstances to simply work harder at not relying on her husband's name?

Yes, the typo was insufferable :closedeye

Teddy
08-20-2009, 05:43 AM
I have trouble with that particular word in that I dont often have the need to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's because you're incapable of acknowledging it! :lol:

May
08-20-2009, 05:43 AM
Come on now, you asked me what I would do.
I told you whatever I answered, it would be wrong (in your opinion).

Ive answered said question and may I, at this point, remind you it would be wrong to discuss what I would advise my clients unless, of course, you would like to pay for my services yourself. But thats a whole other discussion!:blush:

I really must go now. I have enjoyed our chat although it does seem we have scared everyone off the board and hogged it ourselves!

TTFN

May
08-20-2009, 05:44 AM
That's because you're incapable of acknowledging it! :lol:

You should know!:harhar:

May
08-20-2009, 05:45 AM
I told you whatever I answered, it would be wrong (in your opinion).

Hang on a sec, does that make me RIGHT???
Again!
How tiresome. Right AGAIN!

Teddy
08-20-2009, 05:51 AM

You see, I'll admit that you got me on that (y);)

Teddy
08-20-2009, 06:11 AM
Hang on a sec, does that make me RIGHT???
Again!
How tiresome. Right AGAIN!

I wouldn't get too carried away :blush:

It really is an inspiration to see your argument strategies! (y)
But I guess I'll have to pay you before you reveal the ones which actually make you right! :lol::lol::lol:

Diane
08-20-2009, 06:17 AM
I've agreed that I believe that a lot of Elvis' female fans were very jealous of Priscilla but that doesn't mean that every woman that doesn't like Priscilla is jealous of her. Some woman just don't like the things she's said and done period. I don't see why that can't be accepted by some?????

Diane

Teddy
08-20-2009, 06:30 AM
Some woman just don't like the things she's said and done period. I don't see why that can't be accepted by some?????

I accept that a minority might not let the glaringly obvious color their assessment of her.

May and Donut, however, are simply jealous (y);)

May
08-20-2009, 06:32 AM
:lmfao:

I feel almost special with all this attention. :blush:

Diane, I agree with your sentence, I dont see why that cant be accepted by some?? Oh how true.

Donut
08-20-2009, 06:37 AM
You know May? I think Elvis was really misunderstood, he wasn't unfaithful. He had so much love to give and those gorgeous girls were so in need of love that Elvis felt it was his duty to comfort them. Any altruistic person in his place would have done the same and I can't understnad why he is condemned for that constantly.

May
08-20-2009, 06:38 AM
You know May? I think Elvis was really misunderstood, he wasn't unfaithful. He had so much love to give and those gorgeous girls were so in need of love that Elvis felt it was his duty to comfort them. Any altruistic person in his place would have done the same and I can't understnad why he is condemned for that constantly.

You know what Donut? I think you are correct! (y)
And obviously nothing was Elvis's fault, it was all down to others around him. :lmfao:

Teddy
08-20-2009, 06:40 AM
I think Elvis was really misunderstood, he wasn't unfaithful.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
You've surpassed yourself this time! (y)(y)(y)

May
08-20-2009, 06:41 AM
I thought so too!!

Donut
08-20-2009, 06:42 AM
I accept that a minority might not let the glaringly obvious color their assessment of her.

Among many other things what I really envy of her is her beautiful face, her height, her age and the number of times she had sex with Elvis... if we are to believe what she says that would be only 1.

Teddy
08-20-2009, 06:43 AM
I feel almost special with all this attention. :blush:

If this makes you feel special you should try defending Priscilla Presley. People won't leave you alone! (y)

Donut
08-20-2009, 06:44 AM
You know what Donut? I think you are correct! (y)
And obviously nothing was Elvis's fault, it was all down to others around him. :lmfao:

Yes, her mother taught him to be a generous person :lol:

May
08-20-2009, 06:44 AM
Yes, absolutely. SHARE EVERYTHING!!!

Diane
08-20-2009, 07:07 AM
Donut and May, you have hit the nail on the head....Elvis was a total giving person.:lol::lol::lol:

Diane

Donut
08-20-2009, 07:08 AM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
You've surpassed yourself this time! (y)(y)(y)

Sharing his excess of love with girls in need is not cheating to his wife. You are jealous :closedeye

Donut
08-20-2009, 07:10 AM
Donut and May, you have hit the nail on the head....Elvis was a total giving person.:lol::lol::lol:

Diane

Wasn't he :lol: Isn't it praiseworthy how much 'comfort' he gave?

Teddy
08-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Sharing his excess of love with girls in need is not cheating to his wife. You are jealous :closedeye

Ok (y):lmfao:
Next time Mrs Bear catches me in bed with a team of cheerleaders I'll be sure to explain that it's not cheating- it's sharing an excess of love. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:(y)

Donut
08-20-2009, 07:15 AM
Next time Mrs Bear catches me in bed with a team of cheerleaders I'll be sure to explain that it's not cheating- it's sharing an excess of love. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:(y)

A whole team?? In your dreams, Bear :lmfao:

Teddy
08-20-2009, 07:22 AM
A whole team?? In your dreams, Bear :lmfao:

Well if the ball game went badly I guess they'd all need 'comforting' http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Diane
08-20-2009, 07:30 AM

Did you say "next time" Teddy...you've been caught out!:lol::lol::lol:

Diane

Donut
08-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Well if the ball game went badly I guess they'd all need 'comforting' http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)

Bears are known for their need to share love. I'm sure it wouldn't bother to Mrs Bear if a large club of beautiful young divorcees on sexy nighties appeared on your bed one night.

Teddy
08-20-2009, 07:37 AM

Diane
http://smiley.net.ru/entspo124.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/entspo4.htm)http://smiley.net.ru/entspo048.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/entspo2.htm)http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)http://smiley.net.ru/entspo048.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/entspo2.htm)http://smiley.net.ru/entspo124.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/entspo4.htm)
When I close my eyes I can still feel the shame .......

Teddy
08-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Bears are known for their need to share love. I'm sure it wouldn't bother to Mrs Bear if a large club of beautiful young divorcees on sexy nighties appeared on your bed one night.

I must get you and Mrs Bear together some time. I think you'd be a good influence (y)

Donut
08-20-2009, 07:45 AM

:laughing: It must be difficult to brush all that fur off the sheets when you've been comforting a group of female bears.

Donut
08-20-2009, 07:47 AM
I must get you and Mrs Bear together some time. I think you'd be a good influence (y)

I always am
http://i120.piczo.com/view/3/3/r/0/f/8/q/m/3/o/2/x/img/t273694073_76585.gif

Pacerstar
08-20-2009, 09:13 AM
She probably received some sound professional advice!
Whatever!
You wouldn't care if you didn't resent her for marrying Elvis so much! :lol:

You know, Teddy, I didn't resent Priscilla for marrying Elvis and for being
his wife. I resented her when she divorced him. I do respect her for what
she has done for his estate. But, I also remember back when she was married
to Elvis, according to the publicity mags, she was not too fond of Elvis' fans.:D:D:D:D

elvislady
08-20-2009, 09:23 AM
You know, Teddy, I didn't resent Priscilla for marrying Elvis and for being
his wife. I resented her when she divorced him. I do respect her for what
she has done for his estate. But, I also remember back when she was married
to Elvis, according to the publicity mags, she was not too fond of Elvis' fans.:D:D:D:D

When she married elvis she married his fans to... she new that surley?

elvislady

Pacerstar
08-20-2009, 09:27 AM
When she married elvis she married his fans to... she new that surley?

elvislady

If she didn't know that, she should have. But, knowing it or not, she seemed
to resent his fans and his life style after the marriage.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Teddy
08-20-2009, 09:32 AM
It's easy for someone to suggest that they would have approached 'being married to Elvis' better than Cilla did, but without the actual experience of sharing your spouse with millions of people, we should probably reserve judgement on the way she handled it.

TotallyInsane
08-20-2009, 09:42 AM
It's easy for someone to suggest that they would have approached 'being married to Elvis' better than Cilla did, but without the actual experience of sharing your spouse with millions of people, we should probably reserve judgement on the way she handled it.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

elvislady
08-20-2009, 09:50 AM

I think she handled it very well considering the amount of female attention her handsome husband got threw at him!

elvislady :D

Diane
08-20-2009, 10:22 AM

As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree.(y)

Diane

Teddy
08-20-2009, 10:35 AM
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
That just made all my frustration earlier in the thread worthwhile! :lol:

Diane
08-20-2009, 10:42 AM
It's all in the way you word things...sometimes you get lucky:lol::lol::lol:

Diane

The King's Queen
08-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Take it up with the multitude of female professionals who have done the same thing after establishing a lucrative reputation under their married name.

It's not chicanery, it's not deceptive and mercenary, it's taking care of business, it's life in our times and since you're a female who made the same matrimonial choices that she did, she should have your support! Think about it!

It's not one rule for Cilla and another rule for everybody else just because she married Elvis!

And don't be saying "she didn't have a career to maintain beforehand"- he pointedly groomed her from the age of fourteen
Okay...first off...how exactly did I make the same matrimonial choice as Prissy????http://smiley.net.ru/emooth032.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth1.htm)
http://smiley.net.ru/emooth272.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth8.htm) Now correct me if I'm wrong on this one...but I'm pretty sure that her "grooming" was done by Mommy Dearest...not Elvis.

I agree with you completely and I don't believe it's so hard to understand.
http://smiley.net.ru/emooth128.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth4.htm)

Fantastic post.
Thank you very much!!! ;) http://smiley.net.ru/emooth003.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth1.htm)

Of all the complaints leveled at Priscilla Presley, the 'name' one is the most petty and ridiculous.

Sorry Teddy...but I think you are being totally absurd with this one! http://smiley.net.ru/emooth072.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth3.htm) ;)

Admit defeat my friend....http://smiley.net.ru/emooth077.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth3.htm) LOL!!!

Amen!!! http://smiley.net.ru/emowin027.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emowin1.htm)http://smiley.net.ru/emowin027.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emowin1.htm)

Obviously I will correct any wrong posts made about Miss Priss at that time.
http://smiley.net.ru/emooth131.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth4.htm)LOL!!!!

I've agreed that I believe that a lot of Elvis' female fans were very jealous of Priscilla but that doesn't mean that every woman that doesn't like Priscilla is jealous of her. Some woman just don't like the things she's said and done period. I don't see why that can't be accepted by some?????

Diane

Cha-Ching!!! You've hit the lottery with this one...http://smiley.net.ru/emooth121.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth4.htm)

http://smiley.net.ru/emooth158.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth5.htm)http://smiley.net.ru/emooth158.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth5.htm)

Ok
Next time Mrs Bear catches me in bed with a team of cheerleaders I'll be sure to explain that it's not cheating- it's sharing an excess of love.

Mr. Bear...you are obviously losing your "fluff"...!http://smiley.net.ru/emooth098.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emooth3.htm) :lmfao::lmfao:

The King's Queen
08-20-2009, 11:52 AM

Well, no one in their right mind would set out to marry Elvis Presley and expect to have a 'normal' lifestyle! http://smiley.net.ru/emolau034.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emolau1.htm)

If she didn't know that, she should have. But, knowing it or not, she seemed
to resent his fans and his life style after the marriage.:D:D:D:D:D:D

She certainly did! I totally agree with you! http://smiley.net.ru/bigemo024.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/bigemo1.htm)

The King's Queen
08-20-2009, 11:56 AM

Hey now! I hate to take sides in this, but just in case they didn't catch this one...http://smiley.net.ru/bigemo018.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/bigemo1.htm)!! LOL...It's not jealousy, trust me! http://smiley.net.ru/lovhug001.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/lovhug1.htm)

May
08-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Great posts 'the Kings Queen'..... can't say any more than that:notworthy:clap::hug:

elvislady
08-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Great posts 'the Kings Queen'..... can't say any more than that:notworthy:clap::hug:

I am with you may... (y)(y)

elvislady

The King's Queen
08-20-2009, 12:04 PM
I think she handled it very well considering the amount of female attention her handsome husband got threw at him!

elvislady :D

Could this have had anything to do with how well she handled it???? lol. http://smiley.net.ru/bigoth0041.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/bigoth2.htm)

The King's Queen
08-20-2009, 12:06 PM

I am with you may... (y)(y)

elvislady

Awww shucks...thanks a bunch! http://smiley.net.ru/biglov012.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/biglov1.htm)

elvislady
08-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Could this have had anything to do with how well she handled it???? lol. http://smiley.net.ru/bigoth0041.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/bigoth2.htm)

elvislady

The King's Queen
08-20-2009, 12:28 PM

elvislady

http://smiley.net.ru/missho029.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/missho1.htm) I think I'm gonna get it for that one! :supriced:;):lmfao::lmfao:

Unchained Melody
08-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Let's face it...........everyone is speculating. Nobody knows except Elvis and Cilla
And I think that is the way its always going to be and rightfully so.

The King's Queen
08-20-2009, 01:28 PM
And I think that is the way its always going to be and rightfully so.

PRECISELY!!! Speculation and opinions are the right of every one on this earth. Whether we voice them openly or not, they are still a part of everyday life. Anyone who doesn't do that, must be a saint for sure!http://smiley.net.ru/bigang011.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/bigang1.htm) ;);)

May
08-20-2009, 01:46 PM

:lmfao: Again, you have excelled yourself with your posts!! (y)(y)

The King's Queen
08-20-2009, 02:03 PM
:lmfao: Again, you have excelled yourself with your posts!! (y)(y)

http://smiley.net.ru/lovhug001.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/lovhug1.htm) Thanks May...just keepin' the lions and tigers and bears on their toes! ;);):P

debtdbruno
08-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Cilla was a very stunning woman, particularly 69 onwards. They made a very attractive couple, you do have to wonder why Elvis needed to roam??
My main grief with her is dropping the Presley name and then retaking it. If she had kept using it after the divorce then it wouldn't annoy me at all. She is entitled to use it, she married him.
I also do not think she did wrong by leaving him. Sure, she did know what life was like being with him, the MM, pills, and the women. However over years, no matter what you think you can live with 'HAS' to wear thin.
Like her or not, Elvis married her.......and only her!!!

We do have Graceland etc.. which if it was left to LM, we wouldn't. So at least Cilla has done some posative things. Yes, she's made money, but nobody would do it for nothing

debtdbruno
08-20-2009, 02:29 PM
..............and on another note, IMO, Elvis would be very annoyed and hurt at the way she is pulled to pieces

The King's Queen
08-20-2009, 02:34 PM
..............and on another note, IMO, Elvis would be very annoyed and hurt at the way she is pulled to pieces

:hmm::hmm:Not so sure about that. Had Elvis been that whacky wild over her, why did he not leave her something in his will???? If memory serves me right, which it often doesn't (lol!):blink:, he left her NOTHING. :supriced::hmm: Doesn't quite sound like 'endless love' to me. Just my opinion....;)

debtdbruno
08-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Doesn't have to be endless love.....but I don't think he would have liked us all being disrespectful towards her.
I'm not a cilla fan, but I do think she gets unfair grief

GIORGIA
08-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Doesn't have to be endless love.....but I don't think he would have liked us all being disrespectful towards her.
I'm not a cilla fan, but I do think she gets unfair grief
(y)(y)(y)(y)

May
08-20-2009, 03:05 PM
:hmm::hmm:Not so sure about that. Had Elvis been that whacky wild over her, why did he not leave her something in his will???? If memory serves me right, which it often doesn't (lol!):blink:, he left her NOTHING. :supriced::hmm: Doesn't quite sound like 'endless love' to me. Just my opinion....;)

Another very good point a lot of people tend to forget. You are on top form tonight!!!!:notworthy

jak
08-20-2009, 03:53 PM

Donut
You are correct.Im basically in the same situation Elvis was in that respect.Particulary now that I look like I was delivered from the loins of George Hamilton after my day at the beach.I just hope nobody condems me for spreading comfort to all those gorgeous girls.It is my duty you know.I shall endeavor to perservere.

jak
08-20-2009, 03:54 PM
" I resented her when she divorced him"

AHA!! This is a clue I believe that represnts the roots of the animosity towards Miss Priss.

jak
08-20-2009, 03:55 PM

One of the best and most logical posts on this thread.(y)

jak
08-20-2009, 03:58 PM
"Cilla was a very stunning woman, particularly 69 onwards. They made a very attractive couple, you do have to wonder why Elvis needed to roam??
"

Variety is the spice of life.Prime rib is great.Just not night after night.Every now and then you need to mix things up.It's good to be the king;)

jak
08-20-2009, 03:59 PM

Maybe this is the best post on this thread.You are correct.

franny
08-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Donut
You are correct.Im basically in the same situation Elvis was in that respect.Particulary now that I look like I was delivered from the loins of George Hamilton after my day at the beach.I just hope nobody condems me for spreading comfort to all those gorgeous girls.It is my duty you know.I shall endeavor to perservere.

That's a tough life you have, jak. :lol:

franny

Junebug
08-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Donut

Be careful, jak!

Have you seen Georgie lately?

The toll of that 'tanning' is rearing its ugly head!

I love him though! Quite a character........

I read his recent autobiography and found it really entertaining. I was amazed at his childhood - nothing taboo, just never really knew the story -, his rather eccentric mom - that's how he ended up in Hollywood and the life he has led as a 'star'. You also learn his motivation for the 'tan'!;)
I can't remember the name of the book at the moment but I believe it is being made into a movie with a release date for 2010!

Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen.......:P

Off-topic...I know!

Oh!---- "Don't Mind If I Do" is coming to me now as the book title. (y)

Teddy
08-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Another very good point a lot of people tend to forget.
A lot of people are a little too content, when it suits their argument, to overlook the fact that Elvis wasn't exactly in his right mind during his twilight years.

Let's set up a fund tonight to place a bounty on Mike Stone's life, just while we're in the spirit of endorsing Elvis' decisions around that time. (y)
You should know better than most, May, that it takes an afternoon to write a will, but its consequences endure long after the moment of signing and survive innumerable changes of mind.

I'm not judging Elvis for any of this- he had his own demons to deal with back then- but if we're going to support everything he said or did in the 1970s unquestioningly then we're in serious trouble here.

Teddy
08-20-2009, 04:39 PM

You can bank on it.
The way that some people consider themselves Elvis supporters while deriding the mother of his child is beyond belief.

presley31
08-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Maybe this is the best post on this thread.You are correct.

Agree Jak. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Elvis woudn't of liked this at all but still people are still going to have there opinions nice or not.

Teddy
08-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Well, no one in their right mind would set out to marry Elvis Presley and expect to have a 'normal' lifestyle! http://smiley.net.ru/emolau034.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emolau1.htm)

I don't think she was necessarily looking for a 'normal' lifestyle, just something resembling a marriage. They must both take responsibility for choosing that with their eyes wide open.

jak
08-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Be careful, jak!

Have you seen Georgie lately?

The toll of that 'tanning' is rearing its ugly head!

I love him though! Quite a character........

I read his recent autobiography and found it really entertaining. I was amazed at his childhood - nothing taboo, just never really knew the story -, his rather eccentric mom - that's how he ended up in Hollywood and the life he has led as a 'star'. You also learn his motivation for the 'tan'!;)
I can't remember the name of the book at the moment but I believe it is being made into a movie with a release date for 2010!

Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen.......:P

Off-topic...I know!

Oh!---- "Don't Mind If I Do" is coming to me now as the book title. (y)

Im sporting a natural tan.Im not orange looking or anything.The top of my feet look like boiled lobsters however.

jak
08-20-2009, 05:37 PM
That's a tough life you have, jak. :lol:

franny

I didnt mean to complain.Somebody has got to carry the torch since Elvis isnt here anymore.Im just trying to do my little bit.Those gorgeous girls need comforting more than many realize.Bless their hearts.

jak
08-20-2009, 05:40 PM
I don't think she was necessarily looking for a 'normal' lifestyle, just something resembling a marriage. They must both take responsibility for choosing that with their eyes wide open.

This is a good point to bring up.She may have been somewhat naive here.Im not sure.I dont think it was unreasonable that Elvis might have put a little more distance between him and his entourage.Elvis should have gave her that much i would think.

Pacerstar
08-20-2009, 05:49 PM
" I resented her when she divorced him"

AHA!! This is a clue I believe that represnts the roots of the animosity towards Miss Priss.

I think you are partly right.:D:D

jak
08-20-2009, 05:52 PM

I think you are partly right.:D:D

I have and always believed one thing for certain.If she wouldnt have divorced him she would be beloved.Even if everything she did post 1977 went the exact same way.Many fans feel she hurt him and they will not let her off the hook.Just my opinion.

Pacerstar
08-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Agree Jak. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Elvis woudn't of liked this at all but still people are still going to have there opinions nice or not.

I agree here. I don't think Elvis would have liked the criticism of Priscilla and
I'm just as certain he wouldn't like much of what is said about him either.:D:D