PDA

View Full Version : New Elvis Press Conference Footage Found 1970/71

Trelane P
02-12-2009, 07:36 AM
New Elvis Press Conference Footage Found 1970/71

Check out this video at 11 seconds in. It's very clear pro footage of Elvis at a press conference around 1970/71 dressed in a chocolate brown suit. It only lasts a second but where on earth did this pop up from?

Can anyone shed any light on it and where we can see the full press conference.

YouTube - Elvis Jumpsuits, Planes & Bling; How Rockin' Royalty Rolls

This video was posted here a couple of days ago but this one clip of the press conference deserves its own thread.

We need to get to the bottom of the mystery.

Thanks all.

Dino78
02-12-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm not sure:'(
Could it be from the "Jaycees" press conference?

Trelane P
02-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Just been onto elvis.com. The whole video seems to be part of their elvis 2009 marketing campaign. Their team must have put the promo video together. So are EPE sitting on this rare press conference footage?

john carpenter
02-12-2009, 08:07 AM
I'm not sure:'(
Could it be from the "Jaycees" press conference?I'm with you on this one Dino..it looks like the same outfit:hmm:

Tony Trout
02-12-2009, 08:23 AM
New Elvis Press Conference Footage Found 1970/71

Check out this video at 11 seconds in. It's very clear pro footage of Elvis at a press conference around 1970/71 dressed in a chocolate brown suit. It only lasts a second but where on earth did this pop up from?

Can anyone shed any light on it and where we can see the full press conference.

YouTube - Elvis Jumpsuits, Planes & Bling; How Rockin' Royalty Rolls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BobwQXjTe6o)

This video was posted here a couple of days ago but this one clip of the press conference deserves its own thread.

We need to get to the bottom of the mystery.

Thanks all.

There's no 'mystery' to solve here. That little snippet of footage is from the 'prayer breakfast' on the morning of January 16, 1971 before the actual ceremony that night.

Trelane P
02-12-2009, 09:14 AM
There's no 'mystery' to solve here. That little snippet of footage is from the 'prayer breakfast' on the morning of January 16, 1971 before the actual ceremony that night.

That's great news. The mystery now is who filmed it and where can we find the complete footage.

javierTCB
02-12-2009, 11:08 AM

That is! :notworthy
Elvis and Priscilla attend the JCC prayer breakfast at the Memphis Holiday Inn Rivermont in january 16, 1971.

After 5:00 pm Elvis holds a reception at Graceland for award winners and Jaycee officials. The official ceremony (8:00 pm) was at Ellis Auditorium.

Here some photos of the breakfast (y)

KPM
02-12-2009, 01:09 PM
You beat me to it-I was going to say it was from the prayer breakfast for the 10 outstanding young men awards.

Trelane P
02-12-2009, 03:28 PM
thanks to all for confirming the time and venue. i am really excited that somewhere out there is clear footage with audio of elvis at that breakfast. anyone seen any more of it?

mozzarella
02-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey! I posted the same video a few days ago and the chat was about the same footage... Nice that other people found it too! (y)