PDA

View Full Version : where can if find elvis singed autograph?

ElvisAlive
10-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Hello
I want Elvis autograph but i don't know how much it cost and where can i find it?
And how sould i know its is real?
Than You.

howardrobardhughes
10-26-2004, 07:13 AM
it's on EBAY now..
I believe it to be real...but it's expensive..
TCB
Wade
(HRH)

Captain Elwood David
10-26-2004, 07:57 AM
Hello ElvisAlive -

Wade has indeed directed you to a PREMIUM genuine piece.

An awesome piece.

--------------------------

Genuine EP sigs. can be a potential mine-field to navigate for the novice fan / collector. That said, don't worry, ................ I and others can guide & help you, so long as you heed the advice.

- EP plain cut paper sigs. run in the several hundred dollar range. These don't pop-up too frequently (at least "genuine" ones).

- Signed photos are in the thousands.

- Checks are also in the thousands range.

- Contracts range from several thousand to the ten thousands.

- Handwritten notes / letters are generally the same as for contracts (but much rarer) and dependent upon content / provenance.

Dollars = USD.

On average, ............. honestly, ........... one should expect to pay around a thousand USD for a signed piece, plus or minus a little bit depending. $1,000.00 USD, minimum, IMO ......... is reasonable.

---------------------------

If you are serious about acquiring, PM me. With some patience, one will eventually turn up.

First off, you need to let me know your price range and I can give you a more realistic outlook on things.

None of my pieces are for sale, but I can direct you to others.

- Capt. "EL."

SouthPaw
10-26-2004, 08:38 AM
Capt. El,

what are your thoughts on this one right now on ebay?

Elvis AA boarding pass (http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/b5/91/7f_3.JPG)

Captain Elwood David
10-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Capt. El,

what are your thoughts on this one right now on ebay?

Elvis AA boarding pass (http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/b5/91/7f_3.JPG)
SP -

Will get back to you privately regarding this piece, tomorrow. Will also continue our private discussions at that time. Gotta run for now.

- Capt. "EL."

Lonniebealestreet
10-26-2004, 10:18 AM
Hey, I like that one!

Just yesterday somebody was asking me what I wanted for Christmas...;)

I'm curious to hear your take on it, Captain--or yours, SouthPaw.

Oh, man! I'm just not gonna sleep at night knowing DR owns a sig that was meant to be mine! What's he need another one for anyway? Actually, I think I know the answer to that...SP and Captain, you guys spelled that out in another thread.

[My primary impression about those sigs--he posted a bunch of them maybe a year ago on FECC--is that they are all too alike to be legit. Though there are some subtle characteristics of them which might be just a little off, if I had just seen one of them, I would have had less doubts about them.

BTW, SouthPaw, was it you or Uncle Fester who made that great post about spotting fake and legitimate Elvis sigs, characteristics to look for, etc.? I'd love to see that again if you have it.]

I might sound like I'm trying to impress that I know what I'm talking about here, but that's really not the case. Anyway, in my humble novice opinion, everything about the signature itself and its accompanying story about "the best-mannered passenger ever" looks to be legit. The "E" in the seat number on the boarding pass has been reinforced, but I see no reason why that would indicate any funny business--that's just an observation.

The guy being a new seller...does that add some reservation, or not necessarily in this case?

BTW I am remiss for not adding that the sheriff ID is a thing of beauty.

Lonniebealestreet
10-26-2004, 05:17 PM
OK, whew--someone else now has the winning bid on my;) autograph, and something about his eBay ID rings a bell...

The reserve has not been met at $1225...I wonder how much ol' so-and-so was planning to spend on me this year.:P

Jungleroom76
10-26-2004, 06:21 PM
The reserve has not been met at $1225...I wonder how much ol' so-and-so was planning to spend on me this year.:P

If only I had the money for you buddy!!! :blush:

TCB!
Mike

Captain Elwood David
10-26-2004, 07:11 PM
I'm curious to hear your take on it, Captain--or yours, SouthPaw.

Lonnie,

I will PM you now with my thoughts.

- Capt. "EL."

Lonniebealestreet
10-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Thanks in advance, Captain.

If only I had the money for you buddy!!! :blush:Well, you cheap...! :lol:

Thanks for the thought.

Jungleroom76
10-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Well, you cheap...! :lol:

Thanks for the thought. :D

Welllll.....after THAT crack..... ;)

Seriously buddy....if I had the cash, you'd have the 'graph!!! (h)

TCB!
Mike

Captain Elwood David
10-29-2004, 01:59 AM
You know, .......... generally speaking, ........... I see this often .........

An inquiry into an EP autograph (item, etc.) ............. and once a price is thrown out .........

..................... SILENCE .......................

- Capt. "EL."