PDA

View Full Version : What did Elvis mean?

memphisflash
01-23-2009, 09:07 PM
When asked if he was going to keep Graceland during his post Army press conference in Vernon's office, Elvis says "I'm gonna keep Graceland as long as I possibly can". What did he mean by that? It was already his officially to begin with.

LtCarman
01-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Probably he meant that he was not going to sell it? Just a guess. I'm not 100% sure.

utmom2008
01-23-2009, 09:24 PM
I think he meant that as long as it was economically possible he intended to keep Graceland. At that young age he had no way of knowing how long his fame was going to last.:blush:

Merry
01-23-2009, 09:35 PM
When asked if he was going to keep Graceland during his post Army press conference in Vernon's office, Elvis says "I'm gonna keep Graceland as long as I possibly can". What did he mean by that? It was already his officially to begin with.

Remember that Elvis was taken away from his career, the timing wasn't the most advantageous, for him to go away to Germany.

:D:D:D

Of course, everything worked out fine! :D

KPM
01-24-2009, 03:16 PM
I think it was meant as a joke-that touched on his insecurity about his career post Army.

memphis69
01-24-2009, 04:22 PM
ELVIS LOVED GRACELAND. IT WAS ALWAYS HOME TO HIM. AS HE FIRST PURCHASED THE HOME FOR HIS PARENTS AS A FAMILY HOME. HE WAS ONLY YOUNG WHEN HE PURCHASED IT AND HE HOPED THAT HE WOULD ALWAYS BE FINACIALLY ABLE TO KEEP OWNERSHIP.

shelley.m.
01-24-2009, 04:51 PM
I thought I read in one of my old magazines,that Elvis was going to sell Graceland.Of course this was right after Gladys passed away.

memphis69
01-24-2009, 08:11 PM
I THINK ELVIS FOUND IT VERY HARD GOING BACK TO GRACELAND AFTER GLADYS DIED. BUT I DON'T THINK HE EVER WOULD HAVE SOLD IT AS IT WAS HIS PARENTS HOME AND GRACELAND ALSO GAVE GOOD MEMORIES FOR ELVIS OF HIS MOTHER!!

shelley.m.
01-24-2009, 08:16 PM
You are right memphis69,Elvis did buy Graceland for his folks.I don't think he would have sold Graceland either.