PDA

View Full Version : Elvis and Rome/Italy

littlesister3
01-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I just moved to Rome from Chicago (only temporarily) but I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any exciting Elvis places in Rome and Italy. I have found an Elvis stained glass window in Rome but that is about it.
Is Elvis big in Italy?
I was just wondering if there are any native Italians here or people familiar with the country who might know of an Elvis themed restaurant or shop I can visit.
Thank you! :king:

ForeverTheKing
01-22-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't know a lot about Rome...I live in Milan and I can tell you Elvis is popular in Italy but not as much as in USA (obviously :lol:).
He sure have many fans here and he influenced our music too.
There are many places and events in Italy dedicated to him...in Milan there's a pub called "Memphis Cafč" dedicated to Elvis...here's the link of the site where you can find info:

http://www.memphis-cafe.it/

In Padova, for example, there's a shop that sells only Elvis stuff :

http://www.elvis-shop-padova.com/#

I hope there's someone here who lives in Rome so that you can have more info (y)

italianfan
01-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Yes Roma has a few Elvis places, not as exciting as a Memphis cafe but off one of the street by the Trevi fountain is a small shop that sells Elvis gifts, i got an Elvis tie from there a few years ago. Also if you look around a few of the markets there are some Elvis posters etc. I got a King Creole poster in Italian :)

I think Elvis is pretty popular over in Italy, when my italian family visited i told them i liked Elvis and straight away they knew his songs.

littlesister3
01-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Thank you so much!
This is my first time in Italy and I want to say your country is beautiful and everyone has been so friendly!

ForeverTheKing
01-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Thank you so much!
This is my first time in Italy and I want to say your country is beautiful and everyone has been so friendly!

Thanks a lot :notworthy

I hope you have a great time here...sure you'll like the people and the food :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roma is a fantastic city but I hope you can see many others...Milan, Florence, Venice, Napoli and many other places :P

memphisflash
01-22-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm sure him singing It's Now Or Never helped his popularity in Italy since it's an Italian song.

italianfan
01-22-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm sure him singing It's Now Or Never helped his popularity in Italy since it's an Italian song.

Absolutly, and he sung Santa Lucia, Surrender based on an italian song and No More based on an Italian song.

perhaps while your in rome u could take Elvis' advice in the song Heart of Rome and take a **** in every fountain. :P

Elvos77
01-22-2009, 05:16 PM

perhaps while your in rome u could take Elvis' advice in the song Heart of Rome and take a **** in every fountain. :P
LOL:lol::lol: And may the fire of sh+t still burn!

ForeverTheKing
01-23-2009, 12:01 AM
And don't forget "Ask Me" that originally was written and sung by an Italian singer called Domenico Modugno and of course "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me" by Pino Donaggio.(y)

I'm proud Elvis liked to sing these Italian songs :lol:

YouTube - Domenico Modugno - Io

YouTube - Pino Donaggio - Io che non vivo (1964)

littlesister3
01-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Absolutly, and he sung Santa Lucia, Surrender based on an italian song and No More based on an Italian song.

I couldn't get Elvis's voice singing "I'll take a **** in every fountain" out of my head when I saw the Trevi Fountain!!! :lmfao:

epmoodyblue
01-23-2009, 11:05 AM
:hmm:no dont know any elvis places in rome....bella roma i love italy..im italian....been to rome many times....heard the weather there is really lousy these days(n).....let me know if u find some other elvis goodies in rome(y)http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/selenauno/smiley-gen101.gif

Donut
01-23-2009, 11:18 AM

Hey! Wait a minute :lol: "No More" is based on "La Paloma" written by the Spanish composer Sebastián Iradier. Leave something for the rest of us :laughing:

italianfan
01-23-2009, 11:52 AM
"No More" is based on "La Paloma" written by the Spanish composer Sebastián Iradier. Leave something for the rest of us

haha oh right sorry my mistake :P