PDA

View Full Version : Does Priscilla view Elvis as a Commoditie or a human being

MRS PRESLEY
01-11-2009, 03:03 PM
I have been watching Priscilla Presley and the only time she talks about Elvis is when she has to promote or sell Elvis as a product, and it seems to me the woman has no emotion, when she was on Larry King the other night she made a comment that Angie the PR lady at EPE was making sure she was saying right thing, for goodness sake you are speaking about a man that gave her the life she has, surely she can be a little humane, I know that everytime I look at Elvis I shed a little tear, and I am just a fan. Does Priscilla view Elvis as a money maker rather than the father of her daughter?
Her answers about Elvis are always the same, "spirit of play" "incredible man", "oh my gosh" and then she plays with her hair, she is boring....

utmom2008
01-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Her answers about Elvis are always the same, "spirit of play" "incredible man", "oh my gosh" and then she plays with her hair, she is boring....

And don't forget....after she plays with her hair she will usually rub the end of her nose.;):lol::lol:

midnight
01-11-2009, 03:16 PM
I really think that at this stage in her life, she considers him more of a commodity. I know that sounds sad but so much time has passed that I think she is more interested in the money he can rake in. She did not seem so interested in him after their divorce when he was living so why would she be so interested now!

utmom2008
01-11-2009, 03:17 PM
I really think that at this stage in her life, she considers him more of a commodity. I know that sounds sad but so much time has passed that I think she is more interested in the money he can rake in. She did not seem so interested in him after their divorce when he was living so why would she be so interested now!

Great points Kim. Sad, but true IMO.:blush:

KPM
01-11-2009, 03:33 PM
I have no idea what Priscillas motivations are when she speaks about Elvis.
Certainly she wants the memory of Elvis to continue-but also lets try and be honest-money flowing in is an indication of how his memory and legacy are doing. We all seem proud that Elvis has been the richest earning deceased star (all but one year) in Forbes magazine. So promoting things to keep his memory fresher in the publics view is just part of that.
I have mixed feelings about it-but I would rather hear richest earning deceased entertainer-than hear nothing at all.:blush:

memphis69
01-11-2009, 03:37 PM
I THINK IT IS REALLY SAD THAT THIS WOMAN WHO SHARED SO MANY YEARS WITH ELVIS CAN ONLY THINK OF MAKING MONEY FROM HIS NAME. I HAVE SAID IT SO MANY TIMES BEFORE ELVIS' MEMORY IS WORTH MORE THAN $$$$$$!!!! HE WAS A BEAUTFUL MAN WHO GAVE A LOT OF JOY TO SO MANY PEOPLE AND IF PRISCILLA CHOOSES TO USE HIS MEMORY FOR $$$$$$$ THEN SHE IS ONE SAD HUMAN BEING. I THINK THAT ALL OF HER INTERVIEWS ARE STAGED HER FEELINGS ARE SO FAKE AND SO ARE HER EXPRESSIONS THE WAY SHE FLICKS HER BACK AND POUTS FOR THE CAMERA. IF SHE CAN'T SPEAK GENUINE WORDS FOR ELVIS THEN SHE SHOULD JUST SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

ELVIS FANS DO NOT WANT TO HEAR IT!!!!!

J.P
01-11-2009, 03:45 PM

good point :lol:

eapforeverloyal
01-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Maybe it's a bit of both. I think that she will always have a deep love and care for Elvis in respect to him as a human, but I think that she is also liking the money. But honestly since not many of us (or any of us) knows her personally we can't say for sure.

Teddy
01-11-2009, 03:56 PM
And don't forget....after she plays with her hair she will usually rub the end of her nose.;):lol::lol:

I know, Isn't it adorable? :wub::wub::wub:

cbg84
01-11-2009, 03:59 PM
I think that she likes the money end. But I think most of it is as a human. I disagree that she didn't care about him after the divorce. If that were true than why would Elvis himself say that they were friends? I think since it's been such a long time since his passing it maybe a little more about money. But I too think that there is a deep love and care she still holds for Elvis and always will. Just cause she doesn't talk about him unless it's a celebration (birthday, Elvis week, or something) or only when she is asked about him doesn't mean she's just in it for the money. It is called moving on. Yes, she was married to him and had his child, but life moves on and there are other things in her life that isn't Elvis related.

Brian
01-11-2009, 04:04 PM
I think Elvis is all about the money these days

Elvis the man has been gone a long time but the image remains

I don't know if Priscilla really loved Elvis at the time of his death or not

If she didn't she wouldn't say it out loud because it would make fans mad.

memphis69
01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
SHE MAKES SO MUCH MONEY OFF ELVIS' NAME SHE MUST BE A MULTI MILLIONAIRE. JUST SHOWS HOW HAVING THE "PRESLEY" NAME = $$$$$$$$$$

Donut
01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
I've always wondered what the agreement was with her new ''husband'' and son because it was like she had 2 husbands at once and that's not a common situation :blink:

Diane
01-11-2009, 04:26 PM
I've often wondered too how Marco coped with being faced with the Presley name all during his and Priscilla's relationship.

Diane

utmom2008
01-11-2009, 04:28 PM
I've often wondered too how Marco coped with being faced with the Presley name all during his and Priscilla's relationship.

Diane

I guess he could ride around in his new Mercedes and sort out his feelings towards Elvis.;):lol::lol:

Donut
01-11-2009, 04:29 PM

Diane

I think we just solved this 'comodity or not' dilemma without even noticing it Diane ;)

Donut
01-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I guess he could ride around in his new Mercedes and sort out his feelings towards Elvis.;):lol::lol:

You are fast and clever Rosanne :lol:

midnight
01-11-2009, 04:30 PM

Diane

It must be difficult for anyone to be with Priscilla! It must be difficult knowing your wifes ex husband was Elvis Presley!

Is she with any one now?

utmom2008
01-11-2009, 04:32 PM
You are fast and clever Rosanne :lol:

Thank you Donut. You are pretty bright yourself for someone made of flour and water.;):lol::lol:(y)

Donut
01-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Thank you Donut. You are pretty bright yourself for someone made of flour and water.;):lol::lol:(y)

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: I'm made of sugar too :wub:

Diane
01-11-2009, 04:35 PM

Quite the bright little cookie all right....er...donut.:lol:

Diane

utmom2008
01-11-2009, 04:42 PM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: I'm made of sugar too :wub:

And I forgot to mention sprinkles. They should be good for a few IQ points. Is there a Mensa society for Donuts?:lol::lol::lol:

memphis69
01-11-2009, 04:45 PM
It must be difficult for anyone to be with Priscilla! It must be difficult knowing your wifes ex husband was Elvis Presley!

Is she with any one now?
"NO MAN OR ANY OF PRISCILLA'S BOYFRIENDS CAN COMPARE TO ELVIS!!

I DON'T THINK SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND NOW. SHE WILL NEVER FIND ANOTHER MAN AS GOOD AS ELVIS - SHAME SHE BLEW IT!!!

Donut
01-11-2009, 04:46 PM
And I forgot to mention sprinkles. They should be good for a few IQ points. Is there a Mensa society for Donuts?:lol::lol::lol:

The filling is what counts but I was made with a hole so...
:blush:

WHITETIGERMAN
01-11-2009, 04:48 PM
I THINK IT IS REALLY SAD THAT THIS WOMAN WHO SHARED SO MANY YEARS WITH ELVIS CAN ONLY THINK OF MAKING MONEY FROM HIS NAME. I HAVE SAID IT SO MANY TIMES BEFORE ELVIS' MEMORY IS WORTH MORE THAN $$$$$$!!!! HE WAS A BEAUTFUL MAN WHO GAVE A LOT OF JOY TO SO MANY PEOPLE AND IF PRISCILLA CHOOSES TO USE HIS MEMORY FOR $$$$$$$ THEN SHE IS ONE SAD HUMAN BEING. I THINK THAT ALL OF HER INTERVIEWS ARE STAGED HER FEELINGS ARE SO FAKE AND SO ARE HER EXPRESSIONS THE WAY SHE FLICKS HER BACK AND POUTS FOR THE CAMERA. IF SHE CAN'T SPEAK GENUINE WORDS FOR ELVIS THEN SHE SHOULD JUST SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

ELVIS FANS DO NOT WANT TO HEAR IT!!!!!

You got a great point there......I think alot of people think this way.
Sometimes I wonder myself about her......if she wants to keep his legacy alive as she states.......then she needs to do it with more heart...and do want he would do.....think about us fans and give us what we want.

Wendy56
01-11-2009, 06:42 PM
She's taking advantage of her condition of ex wife. But who knows, maybe she loved Elvis at one point of her life. She maybe have a "good side". I believe was unfair that she left Elvis broken-hearted, but I can't do a thing to fix it up...

MRS PRESLEY
01-11-2009, 07:57 PM
His daughter should be the one to continue his legacy, she has his blood in her veins not his ex-wife who got on with her life with other men and had another child to another man, whom I'm surprised she hasn't given the Presley name to. Lisa should be the one representing Elvis not his EX-wife.

cbg84
01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
She had another child after Elvis was dead. And why does it matter if she had another child. She wasn't with Elvis and hadn't been for a long time.

utmom2008
01-11-2009, 08:40 PM
His daughter should be the one to continue his legacy, she has his blood in her veins not his ex-wife who got on with her life with other men and had another child to another man, whom I'm surprised she hasn't given the Presley name to. Lisa should be the one representing Elvis not his EX-wife.

Lisa chooses to stay in the background and let her mother run the show. That's the decision that I have never understood. I would really like to see his daughter take on a more active role in the business.:blink:

utmom2008
01-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Sometimes I wonder myself about her......if she wants to keep his legacy alive as she states.......then she needs to do it with more heart...and do want he would do.....think about us fans and give us what we want.
If you could request something from Priscilla on behalf of the fans, what would you ask her to do?:hmm:

shelley.m.
01-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I think she now sees Elvis as a commoditie.It keeps her in the "spotlight." Take it away from her and see where she'd be.

memphis69
01-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I WOULD ASK PRISCILLA TO BE HONEST ABOUT HOW SHE REALLY FEELS ABOUT ELVIS AND HER TRUE MOTIVES FOR RUNNING ELVIS'S ESTATE. AND UNDERSTAND THAT THE FANS CARE ABOUT HIS MUSIC AND KEEPING IT ALIVE NOT JUST ABOUT $$$$$$$. BUT KNOWING PRISCILLA WE WILL JUST GET ANOTHER VERSION OF THE STORY TO GO WITH ALL THE OTHERS SHE HAS TOLD OVER THE YEARS. I THINK ELVIS WOULD LIKE HER TO SHOW RESPECT AND BE HONEST TO HIS FANS

MRS PRESLEY
01-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Elvis is helping her give money to Scientology.

utmom2008
01-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Elvis is helping her give money to Scientology.

Good point! And we know he wouldn't like that!:blink::blink::blink:

memphis69
01-11-2009, 11:29 PM
ELVIS WAS A DEVOTED CHRISTIAN, HE WOULD VIEW SCIENTOLOGY A LOAD OF RUBBISH!!! I DON'T THINK PRISCILLA EVER UNDERSTOOD OR SHARED HIS SPIRITUAL QUEST!!!

utmom2008
01-11-2009, 11:32 PM
ELVIS WAS A DEVOTED CHRISTIAN, HE WOULD VIEW SCIENTOLOGY A LOAD OF RUBBISH!!!

Correct! Remember...Peggy Lipton tried to get him interested in it and he figured out quickly that they were only after his money.:blink::mad:

Brian
01-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Correct! Remember...Peggy Lipton tried to get him interested in it and he figured out quickly that they were only after his money.:blink::mad:

Peggy Lipton says some interesting things about Elvis in her book

Teddy
01-12-2009, 02:17 AM

Everyone needs something to contemplate on the way to the bank.

Let's see- I'm suddenly farting through silk and sleeping with Priscilla Presley. Maybe I won't mention the name thing. :hmm:

riley
01-12-2009, 04:05 AM

And don't forget....after she plays with her hair she will usually rub the end of her nose.

end quote

so true and so annoying to watch really:lmfao:

MissyM
01-12-2009, 06:36 AM
The fact remains is she has always said they loved each other after the divorce and yet, she did things that were not loving. It was said she laughed at him behind his back (can't remember the source-I must start saving stuff) And she wanted to use his jet, to jet around with her then boyfriend and friends...Elvis said no way.
I've said this before, love comes in degrees. It is my opinion that a part of her loved him after she left him. (maybe a 5) But the reason for it only being that much is because other things take the place of the other half of love. Like the need for fame, money, anger. Do you not think she was not partly angry because he wouldn't change? Do you think she wasn't somewhat disgusted at times about his appearances? Do you think she wasn't somewhat bitter that other women were now in her and his bed?? Certain emotions determine how much we are able to love someone.
And I think the same goes for Elvis. Of course a part of him loved her, but to what degree?? He was angry and hurt by her actions. I'm sure he felt used and tossed aside. I'm sure his ego was hurt.
So while they both may have loved each other in a small amount it was not some fantacy, overly romantisized love as some people want to make it out to be.
And since it was not, that made it all that easier to see him as a meal ticket. And that was happening long before the divorce. It just got bigger and bigger as time went on.
Need and greed took the place of love with her a long time ago.
As for the idea that she gave the fans sooo much, she has a good product to work with and I still say a highschooler could do so by getting the right advisors to help.
I think Lisa's actions are different. I still say she loved him as a child does. Children have the ability love with a purity. That part is genuine. She loved the memories she has of him. She loves him almost like a fan too. She wants the world to love him like she does in her childlike love for him. You know, many adults can have an immature kind of love.
I know my grandkids love me but they sure don't mind exploiting me either for the perks that love gives them.
These dynamics started a long long time ago. It is far to late to stop. And Lisa is not going to pull the rug out from under her mother now. It is what Priscilla lives for. Lisa very much has a life more disconnected from her father in a way and I can't blame her for living it.
Priscilla was not in the limelight for Elvis in the way she is now. She has her face/hands into everything. Doesn't anyone think it's a coincidence that as soon as she throws herself full-fledged into she Elvis's wife role that she splits with Marco?? I have no proof that one has anything to do with the other, but the timing is suspicious.
One may think that all that Edwards says is hog was and sensationalized gossip. But there can be an element of truth in some of it. He said it was hard living in Elvis's shadow, and Cilla has grown that shadow bigger and bigger as she took on the role of his one and only wife. That could not be easy on any man.

Lainey
01-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Do you not think she was not partly angry because he wouldn't change? Do you think she wasn't somewhat disgusted at times about his appearances? Do you think she wasn't somewhat bitter that other women were now in her and his bed?? Certain emotions determine how much we are able to love someone.

I absolutely agree that there is some element of anger and disgust within her. Can you imagine having to go through the negative emotions of a broken marriage but having the world think that your ex was the greatest thing since sliced bread? Having to appear to have the same enthusiasm about him that his true fans exhibit doesn't seem to be in her. Obviously she didn't think he was the greatest then. She left him. I don't get the feeling she thinks he is the greatest now. I have always sensed an underlying bitterness coming from Priscilla. (I've said it before, I could not step in and do the same if it were my ex we were posting about!)

Thankfully, though, I care only about Elvis and the incredible body of work that he gave to his fans. I don't need Priscilla to speak lovingly about him for me to know how great he was. I hear that in his voice every day.

SleepyJack
01-12-2009, 08:50 AM
The best things that remain on this earth of Elvis Presley are things that are,thankfully,beyond anyones control now...the music,the movies and the images captured by the many cameras..... I don`t spend too much time worrying about anything that Priscilla or anybody else thinks or does...even though some things still bother me about many of the people from his story. Even if big business decisions were to "kill" Graceland, if some of his "close" friends and relatives were to reveal a huge "shocker"..... at the end of the day you can hear Elvis and all that he was on the great recordings that he left us and watch him at work on the screen...that is enough truth and entertainment enough for me.;)

kathy parkinson
01-12-2009, 08:55 AM
The best things that remain on this earth of Elvis Presley are things that are,thankfully,beyond anyones control now...the music,the movies and the images captured by the many cameras..... I don`t spend too much time worrying about anything that Priscilla or anybody else thinks or does...even though some things still bother me about many of the people from his story. Even if big business decisions were to "kill" Graceland, if some of his "close" friends and relatives were to reveal a huge "shocker"..... at the end of the day you can hear Elvis and all that he was on the great recordings that he left us and watch him at work on the screen...that is enough truth and entertainment enough for me.;)

Thats the best i've heard in a long time, at last, agree with you 100%

Diane
01-12-2009, 09:15 AM
..... at the end of the day you can hear Elvis and all that he was on the great recordings that he left us and watch him at work on the screen...that is enough truth and entertainment enough for me.;)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

That says it all for me too.(y)(y)(y)

Diane

MissyM
01-12-2009, 09:22 AM
I agree Diane. Elvis is number one, and he worked hard to give people all the music he had in him and more. This is why although Priscilla likes to think she is important...she is a legend in her own mind. He IS a legend!

Lainey
01-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Gee. I wish I had thought of something like that to say...

SleepyJack
01-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Lainey, You did!... that`s where the inspiration came from...thanks!(y)

Lainey
01-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Lainey, You did!... that`s where the inspiration came from...thanks!(y)

Thank you for being so nice - in spite of my whining. :blush: (y)

Teddy
01-12-2009, 09:51 AM
I agree Diane. Elvis is number one, and he worked hard to give people all the music he had in him and more. This is why althought Priscilla likes to think she is important...she is a legend in her own mind. He IS a legend!

While I think you generally have a lot of good points and observations, I have to disagree quite vehemently with this one. The 'Priscilla Ego' is something which her detractors seem to project onto her.

From what I've observed, the opposite is true. She appears to have very low self-esteem and struggles to live up to the expectations which are thrust upon her by Elvis's fans and business interests alike.
She also exhibits all the symptoms of someone who lives with clinical depression and anxiety.

SleepyJack
01-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Hey, At least we agree on the important things!...Three cheers for our big,beautiful brains!!(y):lol::lol::lol:

Teddy
01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
I absolutely agree that there is some element of anger and disgust within her. Can you imagine having to go through the negative emotions of a broken marriage but having the world think that your ex was the greatest thing since sliced bread? Having to appear to have the same enthusiasm about him that his true fans exhibit doesn't seem to be in her. Obviously she didn't think he was the greatest then. She left him. I don't get the feeling she thinks he is the greatest now. I have always sensed an underlying bitterness coming from Priscilla. (I've said it before, I could not step in and do the same if it were my ex we were posting about!)

Again, I think a more objective assessment of the situation would fail to detect any bitterness from her at all. You'll only see it if you, like so many bleeding hearts, feel that Priscilla could never have done enough to demonstrate the devotion to Elvis which you would have afforded him (if given her privileged position).
She just can't win in the context of such religious devotion to this man.
This 'bitterness' was the creation of Suz*nne F*nstad. Someone else with a deep-seated need to find a reason to hate Priscilla Presley.

MissyM
01-12-2009, 10:11 AM
This 'bitterness' was the creation of Suz*nne F*nstad. Someone else with a deep-seated need to find a reason to hate Priscilla Presley.

Teddy
01-12-2009, 10:31 AM

I'm talking about the author of Ch*ld Br*de who needed an angle for her character assassination. This has now become the party line for Cilla-haters the world over. Just as the misinformation in Goldman's Elvis was greedily consumed and regurgitated by the people who had waited years for something to throw at him.

MissyM
01-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Oh,, got it. I never read the book myself. But to be fair, I think people are smart enough to understand that one book does not make for a bad rep. Not when there are plenty of her words and actions to go by. Just remember though that she is a rep. for Elvis and those are big shoes to fill. Some just wish she would stop trying. Some think she has no right. To each there own. I just try not to watch her. Elvis By the Presley's did me in.

Lainey
01-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Again, I think a more objective assessment of the situation would fail to detect any bitterness from her at all. You'll only see it if you, like so many bleeding hearts, feel that Priscilla could never have done enough to demonstrate the devotion to Elvis which you would have afforded him (if given her privileged position).
She just can't win in the context of such religious devotion to this man.

I think that neither one of us can be considered objective, if that is the case. You have stated an overwhelming lust for her. I, on the other hand, have not stated an opinion either one way or the other. If you would read my post again, objectively, you would see that I recognize her position of having to extol the virtues of someone with whom she has had a personal relationship gone awry. I also think that Priscilla had a difficult life in which to mature naturally. She needed to grow up and join the outside world. I think Priscilla has done plenty to help keep Elvis a part of our culture. Of course, Elvis did his part, too.

I am not a fan who believes that Elvis was walking, talking perfection. I think that he was a complicated man who had an amazing effect on the world. I love to read about him and what "made him tick" - I like to think that I look at him objectively.

Lainey
01-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm talking about the author of Ch*ld Br*de who needed an angle for her character assassination. This has now become the party line for Cilla-haters the world over. Just as the misinformation in Goldman's Elvis was greedily consumed and regurgitated by the people who had waited years for something to throw at him.

I agree. I no more buy completely into this book anymore than I buy into Elvis and Me. The truth must lie somewhere between the extremes.

Jumpsuit Junkie
01-12-2009, 11:57 AM
There are quite clearly two camps when it comes to Prissy, love or hate! I'm not her biggest fan but some days I'm inclined to go easy on her, even though she rankles me.

The problem in a nut shell is that she uses the Elvis franchise to further he own materialistic needs and this is what the fans have an issue with. The fans could be more forgiving if Priscilla used her maiden name and still promoted Elvis, this would show people that she has her own identity but still worked to promote Elvis as an artist and EX Husband.

It is quite easy to find fault with Priscilla, we can all turn her every word to a negative even if it that isn't what she intended. In the main fans are predisposed to view Priscilla in a bad light because she doesn't live up to the vision of a dutiful ex wife who just spouts pleasantries of a man who is viewed almost as a god like figure.

Priscilla cannot win ever! She will always be viewed as a gold digger, she will always be viewed as a someone making money off the back of her ex husband and she will be viewed as the person who saved Graceland with her business acumen (even though she didn't). It is said if you say something often enough it becomes the truth, Priscilla has reinvented the truth about Elvis, only time will tell if historians will bother themselves to seek out the truth and set the record straight. The truth doesn't have to be sugar-coated or demonised, it just needs to be the truth.

KPM
01-12-2009, 12:37 PM
There are quite clearly two camps when it comes to Prissy, love or hate! I'm not her biggest fan but some days I'm inclined to go easy on her, even though she rankles me.

The problem in a nut shell is that she uses the Elvis franchise to further he own materialistic needs and this is what the fans have an issue with. The fans could be more forgiving if Priscilla used her maiden name and still promoted Elvis, this would show people that she has her own identity but still worked to promote Elvis as an artist and EX Husband.

It is quite easy to find fault with Priscilla, we can all turn her every word to a negative even if it that isn't what she intended. In the main fans are predisposed to view Priscilla in a bad light because she doesn't live up to the vision of a dutiful ex wife who just spouts pleasantries of a man who is viewed almost as a god like figure.

Priscilla cannot win ever! She will always be viewed as a gold digger, she will always be viewed as a someone making money off the back of her ex husband and she will be viewed as the person who saved Graceland with her business acumen (even though she didn't). It is said if you say something often enough it becomes the truth, Priscilla has reinvented the truth about Elvis, only time will tell if historians will bother themselves to seek out the truth and set the record straight. The truth doesn't have to be sugar-coated or demonised, it just needs to be the truth.
I agree with this-and with the fact that she did not single handedly save Graceland.
Vernon Presley's will brought about the appointment of three co-executors/co-trustees to succeed him. They were: the National Bank of Commerce in Memphis, which was the bank Elvis and Vernon had done business with; Joseph Hanks, who had been Elvis and Vernon's accountant for a number of years; and Priscilla Beaulieu
So I'm sure the financial planning and heavy lifting on what to do and how to save Graceland was done by the first 2 co/executors-but IMO Priscilla has had to do the public relations heavy lifting for the decisions that were made.
No one blames the other 2 co-executors for anything which is viewed as negative in the opening of Graceland-yet they had an equal say in it being opened.

ehollier
01-12-2009, 12:51 PM
I agree with this-and with the fact that she did not single handedly save Graceland.
Vernon Presley's will brought about the appointment of three co-executors/co-trustees to succeed him. They were: the National Bank of Commerce in Memphis, which was the bank Elvis and Vernon had done business with; Joseph Hanks, who had been Elvis and Vernon's accountant for a number of years; and Priscilla Beaulieu
So I'm sure the financial planning and heavy lifting on what to do and how to save Graceland was done by the first 2 co/executors-but IMO Priscilla has had to do the public relations heavy lifting for the decisions that were made.
No one blames the other 2 co-executors for anything which is viewed as negative in the opening of Graceland-yet they had an equal say in it being opened.

Great post. Fans seem to forget this fact. (y)

memphis69
01-12-2009, 01:04 PM
"THE TRUTH THAT IS ALL FANS WOULD LIKE TO HEAR"

CAMILLE64
01-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Peggy Lipton says some interesting things about Elvis in her book

To summarize what she said about Elvis? :supriced::supriced::supriced::supriced::supriced:

Teddy
01-12-2009, 03:26 PM
The truth must lie somewhere between the extremes.

Absolutely :notworthy

Teddy
01-12-2009, 03:28 PM
I think that neither one of us can be considered objective, if that is the case. You have stated an overwhelming lust for her.

I freely admit that it makes my eyes water sometimes. :blush:

Elvis_Lady_1984
01-12-2009, 03:34 PM
I think she is all about $$. Imo of course.

memphis69
01-12-2009, 04:30 PM
I think she is all about $$. Imo of course.
THAT'S WHY WE ARE TO EXPRESS OUR VIEWS AND FOR EVERYONE TO RESEPCT OUR OPINIONS!!

Teddy
01-12-2009, 04:56 PM
That's right. All of our opinions! ;)