PDA

View Full Version : Record Collector cover story

KPM
01-03-2009, 10:18 AM
I just read the Record Collector Christmas Issue cover story (and cover photo) entitled "Elvis the Comeback" about the 68 special.
It goes into detail of how the special came about, Binders relationship with Elvis and the Col. (he says Col. showed little respect for him-called him Binkle instead of his name)
Some great personal conversations between he and Elvis.
He says at the first meeting Elvis asked him what he thought of his career at this point-Binder told him "its in the toilet" and Elvis asked why with a smile
and Binder told him, he do not see Elvis on the charts, and the movies are not doing the business they use to. Elvis appreciated the honesty and that started a good relationship.
There are lots of other people who contributed to this article, Bones Howe Chris Bearde etc. Very interesting and good photos.

Diane
01-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Thank you Ken. It was nice to read about this. I'm always so sorry Elvis didn't hire Steve Binder at that time. I really believe things would have been happier for him and that he may have been able to stay with us a few years longer.

Diane

italianfan
01-03-2009, 11:51 AM
I also read this issue and found it interesting, there were a few great photos from the new 68 at 40 book.

KPM
01-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Thank you Ken. It was nice to read about this. I'm always so sorry Elvis didn't hire Steve Binder at that time. I really believe things would have been happier for him and that he may have been able to stay with us a few years longer.

Diane
Binder was asked if he worked with Elvis again-and he said NO he was shut out of contact with Elvis after the special. He does not have a high opinion of Col. Parker from what this interview shows. He thinks he and Elvis hit it off from the start, but Parker felt Binder got to close to Elvis.