PDA

View Full Version : Elvis skit on Saturday Night Live May 14 1977

KPM
12-31-2008, 12:19 PM
I just watched a skit on the second season of SNL in which John Belushi played Elvis, Bill Murray was Parker and the premise was Elvis was making a new film called "Viva Las Vegas 2" It was not really flattering as it mentions he weight gain and makes fun of his dramatic aspirations. Belushi practically mumbles the whole sketch in an exaggerated drawl.
Does anyone know if Elvis or any of his group may have seen this?

Brian
12-31-2008, 12:40 PM
I don't think they saw it

I wasn't even aware of that skit

the only Elvis impersonations I've seen on that show were by Andy Kaufman.

KPM
12-31-2008, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=Brian;273410]I don't think they saw it

the only Elvis impersonations I've seen on that show were by Andy Kaufman.[/QUOTE I saw it in 77 live-but forgot it. Belushi is not an impersonator-he just played Elvis in this skit.
I also recall a skit a few years later when Rick Nelson was on the show and they had 2 Elvis's in a skit-one older -one younger.

Someone got me the 2nd season of SNL for Christmas and its the last show on the set. Shelley Duvall is the guest host.
Since Elvis was still alive-I was just curious if any of the group saw it or heard of it.

MissyM
12-31-2008, 01:49 PM
I don't remember ever seeing that. But it's a while ago.

Brian
12-31-2008, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE=Brian;273410]I don't think they saw it

the only Elvis impersonations I've seen on that show were by Andy Kaufman.[/QUOTE I saw it in 77 live-but forgot it. Belushi is not an impersonator-he just played Elvis in this skit.
I also recall a skit a few years later when Rick Nelson was on the show and they had 2 Elvis's in a skit-one older -one younger.

Someone got me the 2nd season of SNL for Christmas and its the last show on the set. Shelley Duvall is the guest host.
Since Elvis was still alive-I was just curious if any of the group saw it or heard of it.

I meant to say impersonation by Andy Kaufman, Andy Kaufman playing Elvis in a skit.

I don't think Elvis or the MM watched SNL

Patricia Fonseca
12-31-2008, 10:29 PM
Elvis see in tv to Johny Carson congratulate to Elvis for his birthday 40 and after add Happy Birthday fat forty. and Elvis sense and mad to comment. for what hell I' was a fan of this son of *****.

john carpenter
01-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Elvis see in tv to Johny Carson congratulate to Elvis for his birthday 40 and after add Happy Birthday fat forty. and Elvis sense and mad to comment. for what hell I' was a fan of this son of *****.
Yes, Johnny could be cruel. He even said Wayne Newton was gay. Wayne almost punched out his lights. Elvis should,ve done the same. I,m sure he was angry enough to do it.:mad: