PDA

View Full Version : Elvis on tour...Things wanted backstage

renapap05
12-22-2008, 12:05 PM
I read a magazine the other day saying about different legendary rock and pop stars' specific natures backstage...More specifficly,it had the things(like food,decoration)they wanted on their tours.
Elvis wanted:
Mashed potatoes with red sauce
Chicken with red sauce
36 donats with chocolate

Does anybody knows if there's something else he wanted?

mozzarella
12-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Erm... I don't even believe it's true... he might have wanted such things occasionally but not before every show... just impossible. All he needed was lots of water or Gatorade and usually he ate after the show or when he woke up in the hotel but never backstage. That's my belief but who knows...

midnight
12-22-2008, 12:31 PM
I have never heard of Elvis wanting those things. From what I have read Elvis was never the performer who came to town and wanted everything at his "beck and call" like many entertainers today. He did not expect to be treated like a "King" and that is one of the things that made him so special!

J.P
12-22-2008, 01:43 PM
I read a magazine the other day saying about different legendary rock and pop stars' specific natures backstage...More specifficly,it had the things(like food,decoration)they wanted on their tours.
Elvis wanted:
Chicken with red sauce
36 donats with chocolate

oh man! ya realize how big amount of food that is dear? nobody could eat that much not even Elvis :lol:

utmom2008
12-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Elvis wanted:
Chicken with red sauce
36 donats with chocolate

What magazine did you read that in????:hmm: I have never heard this before and I can't help but be very skeptical about it. I don't remember ever hearing that Elvis asked for anything.:blink::blink:

SeeSeeRider777
12-22-2008, 03:43 PM
I heard on Sirius from GK that all Elvis asked for backstage was a lot of water and a full length mirror. Which I think is true. JMO.

rickb
12-22-2008, 05:06 PM
I think the water and mirror are more likely than the donuts!
That is someone trying to play a joke on us.
Have a look backsdtage from EOT and EIC and you can see he clearly wasn't too demanding

goodelvisgirl
12-22-2008, 08:00 PM
yup don't recall aything being said about elvis wanting stuff like donuts backstage not like the strars of today who want luxury caravans bowls of all blue m&m's all pink flowers decorating the room he was just a simple guy doing his job

renapap05
12-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Hey,I'm really sorry guys,but while posting this I thought all these food were what exactly Elvis wanted....:blink::blink: Thanks for telling me your opinion and what things Elvis really wanted backstage:notworthy

epmoodyblue
12-23-2008, 01:52 PM
:hmm:Mashed potatoes with red sauce
Chicken with red sauce
36 donats with chocolate..all lies....just because elvis put on some weight in the last few years of his life...they like picking on him..fools thinking all elvis did all day was eat burgers.........bunch of lies

CRITTERGITTER
12-23-2008, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't think he would want to eat right before a show, it might make him sluggish. i've seen alot of photos of him arriving and he usually had his jumpsuit on already. I wouldn't thinK we would risk getting his jumpsuit messed up.

Elton
12-24-2008, 02:54 AM
Hard to believe Elvis pre-ordered those things,as most know in the film Elvis On Tour,he complain about arriving to early and didn't like to wait backstage
let alone eat before a show.

My bass player and i got free tickets to see Wet Willie and B.B.King from the supper club where we were preforming ..if we would help him set up the backstage goodies they had requested. So we got a chance to see the contract for the tour and besides the backstage stuff,i notice such things in it like,they had to have a baby grand piano tunned and ready.
...quite a list it was!!
so even if Elvis did want these things waiting for him it was quite modest compaired to the list i saw!

dstrattenfan
12-26-2008, 12:33 PM
You are speeking of "backstage rider" here is a list but I am not sure if E is on there http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/index.html

Tony Trout
12-26-2008, 12:59 PM
That list of what Elvis wanted backstage is most likely 100% fake. As has already been said, Elvis never liked to spend much time backstage before a show - he wouldn't even have time to eat what's on that list from the time he arrived to the time he hit the stage.

Merry
12-26-2008, 01:14 PM
You are speeking of "backstage rider" here is a list but I am not sure if E is on there http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/index.html

Hi Sweetie,

Merry Christmas! :hug:

This was an interesting list. Thanks for sharing. I had a look through Bon Jovi's requests as well as Mariah Carey's, (who I read somewhere was demanding, so I was curious) and some others, their requests didn't seem too bad to me. It's good to read that there is little alcohol requested, including food that is good for them, and that they think of other's requirements, too, lol. I like that.

Merry
12-26-2008, 01:15 PM
That list of what Elvis wanted backstage is most likely 100% fake. As has already been said, Elvis never liked to spend much time backstage before a show - he wouldn't even have time to eat what's on that list from the time he arrived to the time he hit the stage.

Yes, so many untruths. The more famous someone is, the more "publicity" (lol) is written.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Dino78
12-26-2008, 02:59 PM
It's been said here quite often that he didn't wait too long backstage and after a concert he rushed out the building immediately. So IMO there is no need to insist on something. There wasn't enough time.

Albert
12-26-2008, 05:12 PM
I have never heard of Elvis wanting those things. From what I have read Elvis was never the performer who came to town and wanted everything at his "beck and call" like many entertainers today. He did not expect to be treated like a "King" and that is one of the things that made him so special!

Me neither

The list sounds too made up. And since those things are so standard, it's hardly worth mentioning as a demand (in my opinion). It's like requesting something like water or a cup of coffee in a diner.

desiree
12-27-2008, 03:16 AM
oh man! ya realize how big amount of food that is dear? nobody could eat that much not even Elvis :lol:

I'm with you J (y) :blink: :doh: :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

CRITTERGITTER
12-27-2008, 06:22 AM
Somehow I don't picture Elvis eating "red sauce". What exactly do they mean by that?

Wendy56
12-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Sounds like a good meal to me! :D