PDA

View Full Version : Christmas and ELVIS

ricky
12-10-2008, 01:52 AM
Having been a follower of our man for 52 years, I think back to the first Christmas's he was with us, that amazing first Christmas album (To my mind the Greatest Christmas Album of all time) his love of this time of year was infectious to us all as is still shown by our enthusiasm for the festive season and how involved the name ELVIS is with it....Just wonder how you guy's feel at this time??:king::newyear:

moody-blues67
12-10-2008, 02:31 AM
I like the,The wounderful world of christmas record alot better !:king::D:D(y):D

ricky
12-10-2008, 04:01 AM
I like the,The wounderful world of christmas record alot better !:king::D:D(y):D

Hi Moody Blue, I agree "The Wonderful World of Christmas" is great as well, but as I am I would think a lot older than you? the first one is special to me, thanks for your answer:pepsi::cheers::merryxmas

moody-blues67
12-10-2008, 05:04 AM
I understand ricky:king:

Teddy
12-10-2008, 05:56 AM
I hear what you're saying Ricky (y)
In my house Elvis plays as large a role in Christmas as Santa Claus himself! :lol:
I don't start feeling truly festive until I've dug those records out. His affection for this time of year is palpable when you hear those recordings and it's like he's compelling you to feel it with him. :xmas::king::xmas:

ehollier
12-10-2008, 05:58 AM
I hear what you're saying Ricky (y)
In my house Elvis plays as large a role in Christmas as Santa Claus himself! :lol:
I don't start feeling truly festive until I've dug those records out. His affection for this time of year is palpable when you hear those recordings and it's like he's compelling you to feel it with him. :xmas::king::xmas:

Don't you double as Vernon, too????:lmfao::newyear:

kathy parkinson
12-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Agree with you Ricky, Elvis and Christmas go hand in hand in my house, i've always loved his first Christmas Album, i've been around a long time too.

SleepyJack
12-10-2008, 11:14 AM
I love the first Christmas album..."The wonderful World..." gets played a lot over the holidays too though......there is just something really simple and pure about the first one.....and it gets played faithfully every year while the is being decorated!

ehollier
12-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Hearing Santa Clause is Back in Town" reminds me growing up as a young girl. The part when he sort of growls "You be a real good little girl, Santa Clause is back in town....", I didn't know what he was talking about, but even then I knew it wasn't dolls and bikes.....

shelley.m.
12-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Both Elvis' first Christmas album and The Wonderful World of Christmas are great albums to have in any record collection.It's hard to believe that at one time,Elvis' first album was banned by some radio stations.Go figure?

TotallyInsane
12-10-2008, 07:10 PM
I wish the title of this thread was "Christmas With Elvis".........I could think of a lot to write about on that subject!!!

Broussey
12-10-2008, 07:30 PM
It Hurts Me .. Is a Beautiful Song i LOVE LOVE LOVE it

shelley.m.
12-10-2008, 08:10 PM
They Remind Me Too Much Of You is a lovely ballad,I like that one.I voted for Fountain of Love.I like the guitar in that song.

ForeverTheKing
12-10-2008, 11:39 PM
I love the three songs but I voted for Indescribably Blue....I love Elvis voice in that song...pure magic http://digilander.libero.it/kaoani10000/kaoani/giallino/giallino5.gif

easyrider
12-11-2008, 04:50 AM
I voted IT HURTS ME!!

ricardo b. prospero
12-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Hey Ricky, perhaps it is because we are almost at the same age level that is why I also love and admired Elvis first Christmas album. I always believe the real Elvis was during the early years of his singing career, simply basic, raw and unadulterated and dynamic. I voted for "It hurts me" because it is one song that is truly emotional and full of expression sung in the most incredible style.

Rico

ricky
12-11-2008, 05:23 AM
I wish the title of this thread was "Christmas With Elvis".........I could think of a lot to write about on that subject!!!

Go ahead and tell us, I am sure we can guess the answer from all of you Ladies!!!.. and its a good thread title so lets hear from the guy's on this one as well?? the thoughts of you all could be fun as I am sure most of us would have loved to be a part of his Christmas's:king::merryxmas

renapap05
12-11-2008, 06:24 AM
"It Hurts Me" all the way for me(y)(y)

moody-blues67
12-11-2008, 08:24 AM
For me too !!! (y)(y)(y)

Elisabeth
12-11-2008, 08:52 AM
I vote for It Hurts Me, i love that song.(y)(y)(y)

ricky
12-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Hey Ricky, perhaps it is because we are almost at the same age level that is why I also love and admired Elvis first Christmas album. I always believe the real Elvis was during the early years of his singing career, simply basic, raw and unadulterated and dynamic. I voted for "It hurts me" because it is one song that is truly emotional and full of expression sung in the most incredible style.

Rico

Heh Rico, Glad to find someone who is around my age group,Love everyone on the site but as expected most of the "Youngun's" go for the 70's Elvis which I also love as I do the 60's, but I am so glad to have been there from the 50's and experienced his whole career.. as you say "THE REAL DEAL" raw. mean, and brilliant..Take me as I am attitude cause "I don't take no orders ,from no kinda man" wish a lot of you younger guy's could have just felt the Impact he made back then,and I say that in a nice way, not because I was lucky enough to be there at the time.:king::king::king:

kathy parkinson
12-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Heh Rico, Glad to find someone who is around my age group,Love everyone on the site but as expected most of the "Youngun's" go for the 70's Elvis which I also love as I do the 60's, but I am so glad to have been there from the 50's and experienced his whole career.. as you say "THE REAL DEAL" raw. mean, and brilliant..Take me as I am attitude cause "I don't take no orders ,from no kinda man" wish a lot of you younger guy's could have just felt the Impact he made back then,and I say that in a nice way, not because I was lucky enough to be there at the time.:king::king::king:

Agree all the way Ricky, i'm proud to be a 50's fan, proud to be a 1st generation one.

JerryNodak
12-12-2008, 05:40 AM
Of the two Christmas albums I prefer "The Wonderful World of Christmas."

My favorite Elvis Christmas song is "If Every Day Was Like Christmas."

My favoite Elvis ballads would be: It Hurts Me; That's Someone You'll Never Forget; I've Lost You.