PDA

View Full Version : Elvis returns to Hot Country Songs for the first time in almost 11 years

presley31
12-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Paired with Carrie Underwood on "I'll Be Home for Christmas" (RCA) from his "Christmas Duets" album, Presley makes his 67th appearance on this tally, expanding his chart span to 53 years and five months. Presley made his country chart debut while he was still with Sun Records, before he made his pop singles debut on RCA. The first Presley 45 to appear on the country singles chart was "Baby Let's Play House" / "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone" in July 1955.

"I'll Be Home for Christmas" is the first Presley title to show up on Hot Country Songs since "Blue Christmas" re-entered and peaked at No. 55 in January 1998.

This is Underwood's 13th chart entry and her first with another artist since her debut single teamed her with Rascal Flatts on a remake of the group's "Bless the Broken Road." Underwood's chart span is slightly shorter than Presley's, at three-and-a-half years.

WHAT HAPPENED IN VEGAS: Tom Jones headlined at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, but there are photos of him visiting Elvis Presley in his suite at the Las Vegas Hilton. So make that three Sin City-related debuts this week, as Jones comes roaring back onto The Billboard 200 with "24 Hours" (S-Curve), his highest-charting album in 31 years. (News, Source: Billboard)

source:http://www.elvisinfonet.com/