PDA

View Full Version : Elvis' Divorce

Jumpsuit Junkie
11-28-2008, 03:24 AM
I was just looking in the gallery and came accross this picture posted by ForeverTheKing and it struck me as very odd!

http://img19.picoodle.com/img/img19/3/11/28/f_divorcem_1330ef4.jpg

Here was a man who was very probably one of the sharpest dressers in the world turning up to the divorce court in a jogging suit?

Now I know people are going to say he was upset with the divorce, he probably had other things on his mind etc, but he turned up to a paternity suit in a two piece suit with a cane :lol:

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/files/2/6/2/8/limodc70.jpg

Dino78
11-28-2008, 04:04 AM
Well he was very aware of his outfits through his whole life.
So the only person who can tell why this outfit was chosen is him.
But there are thousands of pics showing him wearing a similar outfit in the mid-seventies so maybe he just wanted to dress up this way.

hounddog
11-28-2008, 04:14 AM
maybe he was stepping aside from the image for this personal moment

sweet pia
11-28-2008, 05:26 AM
I always thought seeing pictures from this day that his hair doesnŽt even look washed.
It was a very bad day for him, maybe he took a lot of medication so he didnŽt care too much for everything including his outfit...

MissyM
11-28-2008, 05:42 AM
Divorce-depression
Paternity-no problem.

Unchained Melody
11-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Elvis had just finished that vegas stand, his weight was up, and his mood was severly down...

midnight
11-28-2008, 12:32 PM
I always thought that Elvis looked very different in those 1973 pictures too. He looked more like he did in 1977. He was still a snappy dresser in 1973 so the track suit do not fit in for that time period. I know he wore them quite frequently in 1977 and they certainly did not do him justice. I personally did not like those suits. I guess these group of pictures show the stress he was under and the increased drug use he was probably into at that time.

Rhinestone
11-28-2008, 03:44 PM
I remember Priscilla mentioning in her book that how ill Elvis seemed that day and how puffy his hands were. I believe he did have a fluid retention problem and on bad days he probably opted for what was comfortable rather than what was fashionable.

Teddy
11-28-2008, 04:14 PM
The tracksuit decision is self-consciously relaxed.
When a man who cares about clothes as much as Elvis did dresses like this, he intends for people to think he is relaxed about this event.
There were no 'accidents' in Elvis's wardrobe.

SleepyJack
11-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Mr. Bear,that seems like a very good explanation....5 stars! The best I could do was something to do with being ready to run....(y):D:D

CRITTERGITTER
11-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Let's be real here. He was getting a divorce, one of the worst days of his life. If he didn't feel like being a "snappy dresser" who can blame him? He was losing his wife and his daughter, what pants to wear was probably the last thing on his mind.

Graceland Rain
11-28-2008, 06:22 PM
So True i think he was getting a divorce the sadest thing at that point to him.
he didn't care how he dressed.what he wore wasn't on his mind.
but he can wear anything and make it look good lol thou.
just my thought on this.

Broussey
11-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Well How many of us have bling bling on when we have a track suit on! maybe he thought he was setting a trend :)

Donut
11-29-2008, 08:02 AM
I can't say for sure why he chose to wear that jogging suit that day but it's true I've never seen Priscilla looking so happy as she did in this other picture of the divorce.

presley31
11-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Let's be real here. He was getting a divorce, one of the worst days of his life. If he didn't feel like being a "snappy dresser" who can blame him? He was losing his wife and his daughter, what pants to wear was probably the last thing on his mind.

agreed(y)(y)

Diane
11-29-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm sure Elvis had his reason for appearing in court in the sweatsuit. I found him very different in weight size at this point as well and maybe he did just wear it for comfort.

They both look pretty happy in that picture Donut. I'm sure they were both very glad the whole thing was over with.

Diane

utmom2008
11-29-2008, 12:06 PM
I can't say for sure why he chose to wear that jogging suit that day but it's true I've never seen Priscilla looking so happy as she did in this other picture of the divorce.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned her choice of clothing.:hmm: This was when she was going for the "Navajo Joe" look.:doh::hmm:;)

riley
11-29-2008, 12:08 PM
and what does that mean????

I think she was the walking advertisement that day of her Boutique

utmom2008
11-29-2008, 12:12 PM
and what does that mean????

I think she was the walking advertisement that day of her Boutique

When I was in her store(July '73) there wasn't anything "southwestern" in it...all of the clothing was very traditional.;)

javierTCB
11-29-2008, 12:19 PM
The tracksuit decision is self-consciously relaxed.
When a man who cares about clothes as much as Elvis did dresses like this, he intends for people to think he is relaxed about this event.
There were no 'accidents' in Elvis's wardrobe.

Very good observation Teddy. Agree(y)

riley
11-29-2008, 01:00 PM
did you visit her store Utmom?????
What was it like and was she there too????
Please share your impressions:notworthy

presley31
11-29-2008, 01:40 PM

Here is the thread about Utmom at bis and beau

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=22954&highlight=beau

utmom2008
11-29-2008, 01:47 PM

My brother and I have been going through my Mom's house on the weekends and we have found alot of Elvis trivia from my teen years. I found the actual business card from "Bis and Beau", with the phone number and the address etc... I will try and get that scanned this week and put it here on the board. No, she wasn't there that day but her partner Olivia was there, and she was very sweet. I bought 2 outfits from the store, the pants of course were "bell bottoms", or as they say now "flare legs.";):lol: It was a small, boutique like store.
The YT video below is from my actual pics, and as you can see there are several good close-up shots of the outside of the store. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions.:D
tSJ8_u9QdIw

utmom2008
11-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Here is the thread about Utmom at bis and beau

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=22954&highlight=beau

Jen, thanks for locating that thread.(y) I posted the YT video as well for Riley to see.:P:D

Diane
11-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Very nice video Rosanne. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Your bedroom looks familiar...I had Elvis plastered all over the wall by my bed and others like Rick Nelson, Ed "Kookie" Byrnes and Fabian had to share another.:D

Diane

utmom2008
11-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Very nice video Rosanne. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Your bedroom looks familiar...I had Elvis plastered all over the wall by my bed and others like Rick Nelson, Ed "Kookie" Byrnes and Fabian had to share another.:D

Diane

:lol::lol: I had one small corner on the inside of the closet door that was designated for Robert Redford.:lol:(y)

Unchained Melody
11-30-2008, 10:52 PM

You are exactly right !!!

ehollier
12-01-2008, 01:19 AM
I think his choice of wardrobe certainly reflects his frame of mind. I don't know if I would say he is conveying relaxed, as was Teddy's opinion. I would say that he reflects a great loss of self-esteem. I mean -- look at the man. Its the first time that we see him looking so un-Elvis, un-cool, un-together. For one of the world's most photographed celebrities, this is the first time we see Elvis looking so deflated or defeated.....and it is just shocking.

Merry
12-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Honey, going through what he was going through is shocking :hug:

Kimmi

riley
12-01-2008, 07:37 AM
where did my post to Utmom go?????
It vanished. Anyhow thanks a lot for the very nice video. Watched it more then once. I will send a pm too to you with a question. I think that's why they deleted it:hmm:

mistymorning
12-01-2008, 09:40 AM
An uncropped version of the pic.Really sad time for elvis. Priscilla is not well dressed too !

ehollier
12-01-2008, 09:44 AM
An uncropped version of the pic.Really sad time for elvis. Priscilla is not well dressed too !

Priscilla was dressed for the fashionable 70's. Whether you like the fashions of the 70's or not is a personal thing, but her clothes are what many were wearing at the time. Elvis, however, does seem a little un-Elvisly dressed.

mistymorning
12-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Priscilla was dressed for the fashionable 70's. Whether you like the fashions of the 70's or not is a personal thing, but her clothes are what many were wearing at the time. Elvis, however, does seem a little un-Elvisly dressed.

It seems she has no make up( at least her usual make up) her hair simple and not styled, her dress is not bad but not that smart, I thought she was too sad to care for fashion in her divorce day.........

Teddy
12-02-2008, 06:06 AM
I don't know if I would say he is conveying relaxed, as was Teddy's opinion.

Elvis's wardrobe was very carefully considered even before he was scrutinized by the media.
I don't think he got halfway down the street that morning and thought 'maybe I should have worn something a little snazzier for this thing'.

KPM
12-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Elvis's wardrobe was very carefully considered even before he was scrutinized by the media.
I don't think he got halfway down the street that morning and thought 'maybe I should have worn something a little snazzier for this thing'.
You know getting a divorce is a failure in life-no matter how you look at it.
Elvis must have felt, I failed. (or we failed) No one likes failure, especially if you are perceived as the sexiest man alive by millions of fans. Its an ego killer for sure. Maybe he just did not feel like dressing up on that day, maybe he did not feel the need to "put on a show"
He may have felt vulnerable, less kingly so to speak.

Stryx
12-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Elvis was starting to wear those jogging suits a bit at this stage in his life.

I don't think he woke up that morning and decided that as this was his divorce he would wear a jogging suit, maybe he did, but I don't think so.

I think he was comfortable in it, and he was beginning to get a bit bigger so it was probabaly comfortable for him as well.

She sure took him to the cleaners over the whole divorce though.

Teddy
12-03-2008, 03:09 PM
You know getting a divorce is a failure in life-no matter how you look at it.
Elvis must have felt, I failed. (or we failed) No one likes failure, especially if you are perceived as the sexiest man alive by millions of fans. Its an ego killer for sure. Maybe he just did not feel like dressing up on that day, maybe he did not feel the need to "put on a show"
He may have felt vulnerable, less kingly so to speak.

Yes, I can go with that as a possible explanation and perhaps he was inclined to 'show' this with his choice of clothes, consciously or otherwise.

Jumpsuit Junkie
12-03-2008, 04:01 PM
The choice of tracksuit could simply have been to say to Priscilla, I'm relaxed about the situation :hmm:

ehollier
12-03-2008, 04:03 PM
The choice of tracksuit could simply have been to say to Priscilla, I'm relaxed about the situation :hmm:

Yeah, right. That's what he was saying. I'm sorry, but I will have to disagree.:blink: I think he was over-medicated and just didn't think about his choice of clothing.

presley31
12-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Don't really think the choice of clothes had anything to do with priscilla, but for the simple reason it was cosy to elvis at the time and nothing more than that in my opinion.

Donut
12-03-2008, 04:08 PM
I think he was over-medicated and just didn't think about his choice of clothing.

And I agree with you.

ehollier
12-03-2008, 04:39 PM
And I agree with you.

Well, I AM flattered, but what do I owe this one to?????:P

Jumpsuit Junkie
12-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah, right. That's what he was saying. I'm sorry, but I will have to disagree.:blink: I think he was over-medicated and just didn't think about his choice of clothing.

Elvis could have been over medicated as you put it, but one look at the pictures seem to indicate that he wasn't! You can disagree with me, that is your prerogative, however I would prefer less sarcasm thank you.

Wendy56
12-03-2008, 07:17 PM
maybe he was stepping aside from the image for this personal moment
You're right. :hmm:

Unchained Melody
12-03-2008, 10:32 PM

I think its silly to say that Elvis wore the jogging outfit due to medication use.

Sure he was probably feeling down about the whole mess and maybe he just didn't feel like going all out with getting dressed up.

I love how it all goes back to Elvis and his medication...even when it comes to his wardrobe.

Unchained Melody
12-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Don't really think the choice of clothes had anything to do with priscilla, but for the simple reason it was cosy to elvis at the time and nothing more than that in my opinion.

No its always the medication, Elvis simply could not have gotten up that day, and felt like putting on a track suit to wear, the pills made him. Thats really how some of you look at it.

utmom2008
12-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Elvis could have been over medicated as you put it, but one look at the pictures seem to indicate that he wasn't! You can disagree with me, that is your prerogative, however I would prefer less sarcasm thank you.

I think its silly to say that Elvis wore the jogging outfit due to medication use.
I love how it all goes back to Elvis and his medication...even when it comes to his wardrobe.

I have to agree with you 2 guys. If he was wearing jogging suits everytime he had taken meds, then wouldn't he be in jogging suits the majority of the time?:hmm::hmm: Wearing it because it was comfortable? Yes! Wearing it because he was "high"? No!

Unchained Melody
12-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I have to agree with you 2 guys. If he was wearing jogging suits everytime he had taken meds, then wouldn't he be in jogging suits the majority of the time?:hmm::hmm: Wearing it because it was comfortable? Yes! Wearing it because he was "high"? No!

I know you would think thats how most people would look at it aswell.

sweet pia
12-04-2008, 02:14 AM
it is certainly not black and white -just the medication or only something other- but i think that in times of trouble and psychic stress an addiction gets worse and when depression about something like separation and divorce adds to it you take more to forget. maybe it was even difficult to wake him for the appointment at court and he just made it to get there. so the least that was important that day was his clothes...

Jumpsuit Junkie
12-04-2008, 02:37 AM
If Elvis just fell out of bed and was stoned, why would he have taken the time to select jewellery? It just doesn't add up, if he was that bad the guys would have TCB'd and Elvis would have stayed in bed. Worst case scenario the guys would have dressed him and I'm pretty sure something else would have been selected. So the indication has to be that Elvis chose to ware the tracksuit for what ever personal reasons :hmm:

sweet pia
12-04-2008, 02:52 AM
well, maybe youŽre right, weŽll never know for sure, but he does definitely not wear too much jewelry (not one ring if iŽm not mistaken), his hands are very puffy, his hair is not styled. i once read that at least the days after the divorce he received demerol injections...maybe also before it ?

jak
12-04-2008, 04:39 AM
I think some are reading more into Elvis' choice of clothes that day than is warranted.I dont think he looks that bad.Elvis was not a lost cause at this point in his life.Im sure he thought he looked pretty good the way he was dressed.I would agree.It's just casual.I also doubt his wardrobe came from a shelf at Kmart.

dstrattenfan
12-04-2008, 05:43 AM
My brother and I have been going through my Mom's house on the weekends and we have found alot of Elvis trivia from my teen years. I found the actual business card from "Bis and Beau", with the phone number and the address etc... I will try and get that scanned this week and put it here on the board. No, she wasn't there that day but her partner Olivia was there, and she was very sweet. I bought 2 outfits from the store, the pants of course were "bell bottoms", or as they say now "flare legs.";):lol: It was a small, boutique like store.
The YT video below is from my actual pics, and as you can see there are several good close-up shots of the outside of the store. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions.:D
tSJ8_u9QdIw

That video was awesome!!!!

Donut
12-04-2008, 05:52 AM
I find that he wore a turban sometime during the 70's more amazing than his choice for a jogging suit for that day anyway.

MissyM
12-04-2008, 05:55 AM
Love the Video. Kind of sad though.

ehollier
12-04-2008, 06:24 AM

Sure he was probably feeling down about the whole mess and maybe he just didn't feel like going all out with getting dressed up.

I never blamed his medication for his wardrobe choice. He probably just didn't care what he wore. But I think 20 posts on why he is wearing a jogging suit on the day of his divorce is really over-analyzing his behavior. As far as being medicated, I would be surprised if he wasn't as he had nearly od'ed several times by Oct. 1973 and nearly died within the next 9 days.

TotallyInsane
12-04-2008, 06:30 AM

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

It's amazing how EVERYTHING goes back to his medication!!! But, if you were here living it back in the day you'd remember that everything wasn't about the medication. It was only after he died that this happened! Wonder why his heavy medication use wasn't discussed back then like it is now????

presley31
12-04-2008, 06:32 AM
I think some are reading more into Elvis' choice of clothes that day than is warranted.I dont think he looks that bad.Elvis was not a lost cause at this point in his life.Im sure he thought he looked pretty good the way he was dressed.I would agree.It's just casual.I also doubt his wardrobe came from a shelf at Kmart.

agreed jak(y)(y) Don't see the big issue over elvis wearing what what he wanted.

Tony Trout
12-04-2008, 07:01 AM

I agree, Jak. 100&!

Diane
12-04-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm in agreement with Jak 100% as well.(y)

Everything can't be put down to Elvis' medication for heaven's sake! The man just decided to wear what he did and that was that. I've seen very few pictures of him that make me think he might have been over medicated and most of them were in his last two years. The pictures in '74 where he was wearing the Wine Glass leather suit does look like he's out of it and that's the earliest to me that shows it.

Diane

sweet pia
12-04-2008, 08:11 AM
I do not want to insist on the topic, but just read a passage in the book me and a guy named elvis by jerry schilling who writes that elvis collapsed because of his illnesses and medication problems within less than a week after the divorce had taken place and had to be hospitalized. so...

jak
12-04-2008, 08:32 AM
I find that he wore a turban sometime during the 70's more amazing than his choice for a jogging suit for that day anyway.

Are you surprised the "turban" look didnt catch on?

dstrattenfan
12-04-2008, 08:48 AM
I think the only thing (other than the turban) he wore that I just didn't understand was the capes...I loved them but I don't get why he wore them.:doh:

utmom2008
12-04-2008, 09:06 AM

I agree 100%!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

:lmfao::lmfao:(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

utmom2008
12-04-2008, 09:08 AM
That video was awesome!!!!
Thank you!:notworthy

Love the Video. Kind of sad though.

Missy...this video is VERY sad for me at this time in my life. As you may know I lost my Mother last month..unexpected. So..this is bittersweet for me, with both parents now gone.:'(:'(

utmom2008
12-04-2008, 09:16 AM

STUNNED!!!:lmfao::lmfao:

dstrattenfan
12-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Thank you!:notworthy

Missy...this video is VERY sad for me at this time in my life. As you may know I lost my Mother last month..unexpected. So..this is bittersweet for me, with both parents now gone.:'(:'(

I'm sorry for ur loss:'( When I lost my grandpa who was like my dad it was in away unexpected...He lied and didn't tell u how bad the Cancer was..It was a shock he was gone less and 3 months after he found out:'(

utmom2008
12-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm sorry for ur loss:'( When I lost my grandpa who was like my dad it was in away unexpected...He lied and didn't tell u how bad the Cancer was..It was a shock he was gone less and 3 months after he found out:'(

Thank you.:blush: I'm sorry for your loss as well..the holidays are such a reminder of the people that have gone on ahead of us.:sad:

Diane
12-04-2008, 09:32 AM
It's very hard to lose one's parents. Even today after 30 years I'll turn around and go to say "hey Mom" or "hey Dad" when I see something I would have liked to share with them and that I know they would have enjoyed.

Diane

TotallyInsane
12-04-2008, 09:35 AM
The holidays always make me miss my grandparents more!! Always a tough time of year for me!!

Sonny
12-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Tell me about it...

A Dutch singer sings a song in which he says: now he is living in me, seeing things through my eyes...

I don't like to say it, but let's stay on topic please.

presley31
12-04-2008, 09:37 AM
yep l just lost my gramma and my uncle this year and boy does it make me miss them alot more than normal on christmas.

KPM
12-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I still think he got up-and thought consciously (or subconsciously),
"What ground breaking thing will I be doing today? Is today the Aloha worldwide special, or the start of a new tour-No today is the day I admit in court-my marriage failed. The fairytale life everyone thinks I have has a big failure in it-and marriage is a 50/50 deal so I have some blame."
Thats just a guess,- my opinion-but surely he had no feeling of satisfaction or expectations for a great day.
IMO He probably felt normal-vulnerable and normal. He probably (for one of the few times till then) cared less what he wore. He wanted to get there and get it over-like anyone else in that situation.

ehollier
12-04-2008, 09:46 AM
I still think he got up-and thought consciously (or subconsciously),
"What ground breaking thing will I be doing today? Is today the Aloha worldwide special, or the start of a new tour-No today is the day I admit in court-my marriage failed. The fairytale life everyone thinks I have has a big failure in it-and marriage is a 50/50 deal so I have some blame."
Thats just a guess,- my opinion-but surely he had no feeling of satisfaction or expectations for a great day.
IMO He probably felt normal-vulnerable and normal. He probably (for one of the few times till then) cared less what he wore. He wanted to get there and get it over-like anyone else in that situation.

Point well taken, Ken.

jak
12-04-2008, 12:38 PM
I think the only thing (other than the turban) he wore that I just didn't understand was the capes...I loved them but I don't get why he wore them.:doh:

Elvis was the only guy who could wear a cape and look cool.He was the man.

Donut
12-04-2008, 12:53 PM

I'm surprised some Elvis' impersonators don't add it to their attire for their show.

Diane
12-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Now that would take the cake wouldn't it? Sorry Donut...:D

Diane

Jumpsuit Junkie
12-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Elvis was the only guy who could wear a cape and look cool.He was the man.

Pity he couldn't make the Jogging suit cool :P :rolleyes:

Diane
12-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Maybe he did...a lot of men have been wearing them since then.:)

Diane

presley31
12-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Maybe he did...a lot of men have been wearing them since then.:)

Diane

yes that is true. my dad always wore them when l was little, but of course not to work or anywhere fancy, but out and about.

Donut
12-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Now that would take the cake wouldn't it? Sorry Donut...:D

Diane

You are right :laughing:

ehollier
12-04-2008, 02:07 PM
You are right :laughing:

You could try one on that sweet little pussy cat of yours in your avatar......:lol::lol::lol:

Donut
12-04-2008, 02:17 PM
You could try one on that sweet little pussy cat of yours in your avatar......:lol::lol::lol:

I wouldn't have the courage to do it :lol:

Diane
12-04-2008, 03:25 PM
And that would be wise knowing quite well what "sweet little pussycats" are capable of.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Diane

LovesElvis
12-04-2008, 05:20 PM
All I have to say is, I am glad I am not nearly as photographed as Elvis was....I practically live in sweats and comfortable clothes. And, I am a nurse, so I get to wear my pj's to work too. :)

debtdbruno
09-08-2009, 12:20 PM
I am surprised that as conscious of 'The Image' as he was, knowing the media would be capturing every moment, he allowed himself to look less than his best

Pacerstar
09-08-2009, 03:56 PM
I am surprised that as conscious of 'The Image' as he was, knowing the media would be capturing every moment, he allowed himself to look less than his best

You know, I don't really see much wrong with the way he looked!;);););)

debtdbruno
09-09-2009, 05:16 AM
You know, I don't really see much wrong with the way he looked!;);););)

I don't think there was anything 'wrong' with it.........but definately casual:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
He was such a trendsetter, unusual not to be in tip-top attire

Deb

Pacerstar
09-09-2009, 09:34 AM
I don't think there was anything 'wrong' with it.........but definately casual:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
He was such a trendsetter, unusual not to be in tip-top attire

Deb

I can't really remember; but were those suits very common back then. If not,
maybe Elvis did set the trend toward everyone wearing them so much now.:D

Sweet_One_E.
09-09-2009, 09:36 AM
And Pris. looks beautiful. she showed him up that time.

debtdbruno
09-09-2009, 03:32 PM
I would say that was an overstatement

Diane
09-09-2009, 03:36 PM
And Pris. looks beautiful. she showed him up that time.

Only on the outside........:P

Diane

TCB4ELVIS
09-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Look what happens 6 days later. If this is an indication of how he felt about it.
I think it was more about how it went down. That she went public with the story about leaving him for Mike Stone. Also having another man around his daughter, Lisa.

source: http://www.elvis.net/bio/bio73.html

October 9, 1973

Elvis and Priscilla make a court appearance together and their divorce is granted. They will continue to be close friends. Though Priscilla has custody of Lisa Marie, there will be no formal schedule of visitation for Elvis, and he and his daughter will spend time together regularly.

October 15 - November 1, 1973

Elvis is hospitalized in Memphis for recurring pneumonia and pleurisy, an enlarged colon, and hepatitis. Elvis has been battling health problems for some time, including an increasing dependency upon prescription drugs. It will get worse. He also battles his weight.

May
09-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Only on the outside........:P

Diane

:lol::lol:

Lisarose
09-10-2009, 04:45 PM
That outfit is not a sweat suit or a "warm-up" suit! Clearly there's a difference!:lmfao:

I do believe that he considers himself to be dressed up, he certainly wasn't 'sloppy' just comfortable. The shoes he was wearing - weren't they quite dressy? Didn't they have a band across them with his initials in gold? At any case this was not considered work-out clothing back in the day!