PDA

View Full Version : LISA MARIE & NEW Christmas Duets CD

MojoElvis
11-16-2008, 08:13 AM
I just love the sound on these samples can't wait to have it. Elvis was already a big part of Christmas with his classic, BLUE CHRISTMAS, but this CD will put him in the hearts of the fans of these great artists who agreed to participate in this project. Elvis once again will have new fans.
It's just ashamed that Lisa Marie didn't take part in it.

WHAT SONG WOULD YOU THINK LISA MARIE WOULD HAVE SOUNDED GOOD IN?

I personally think that, "IT WON'T SEEM LIKE CHRISTMAS WITHOUT YOU", would have been a perfect one for her. With the meaning of, it won't seem like Christmas without Elvis.

1 Blue Christmas (Duet with Martina McBride)
2 I'll Be Home for Christmas (Duet with Carrie Underwood)
3 Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane) (Duet with LeAnn Rimes)
4 Santa Claus Is Back in Town (Duet with Wynonna Judd)
5 Silent Night (Duet with Sara Evans)
6 White Christmas (Duet with Amy Grant)
7 Merry Christmas Baby (Duet with Gretchen Wilson)
8 O Little Town Of Bethlehem (Duet with Karen Fairchild and Kimberly Schlapman of Little Big Town)
9 Silver Bells (Duet with Anne Murray)
10 O Come, All Ye Faithful (Duet with Olivia Newton-John)

Elvislives72
11-16-2008, 09:54 AM
I just love the sound on these samples can't wait to have it. Elvis was already a big part of Christmas with his classic, BLUE CHRISTMAS, but this CD will put him in the hearts of the fans of these great artists who agreed to participate in this project. Elvis once again will have new fans.
It's just ashamed that Lisa Marie didn't take part in it.

WHAT SONG WOULD YOU THINK LISA MARIE WOULD HAVE SOUNDED GOOD IN?

I personally think that, "IT WON'T SEEM LIKE CHRISTMAS WITHOUT YOU", would have been a perfect one for her. With the meaning of, it won't seem like Christmas without Elvis.

1 Blue Christmas (Duet with Martina McBride)
2 I'll Be Home for Christmas (Duet with Carrie Underwood)
3 Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane) (Duet with LeAnn Rimes)
4 Santa Claus Is Back in Town (Duet with Wynonna Judd)
5 Silent Night (Duet with Sara Evans)
6 White Christmas (Duet with Amy Grant)
7 Merry Christmas Baby (Duet with Gretchen Wilson)
8 O Little Town Of Bethlehem (Duet with Karen Fairchild and Kimberly Schlapman of Little Big Town)
9 Silver Bells (Duet with Anne Murray)
10 O Come, All Ye Faithful (Duet with Olivia Newton-John)

I agree it's a nice cd.(y) But my argument with it is why did they leave The Imperials on O Come All Ye Faithful when it's supposed to be a duet? That makes it sound more like a sing a long than a duet.

As for Lisa Marie not being on it. There's two reasons for that. One being that she was pregnant at the time and was unable to record and the second being that she's not a country singer as were all the others. The concept was Elvis singing Christmas duets with top female country singers. Although I have no idea why they selected Ann Murray who I haven't heard from since the early 80's. Is she even still alive?

MojoElvis
11-16-2008, 10:27 AM
As far as I could tell it looks like they gave a chance at TWO women Elvis took songs from.

ANN MURRY- SNOWBIRD

OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN - IF YOU LOVE LET ME KNOW & LET ME BE THERE

KPM
11-16-2008, 02:11 PM
I agree it's a nice cd.(y) But my argument with it is why did they leave The Imperials on O Come All Ye Faithful when it's supposed to be a duet? That makes it sound more like a sing a long than a duet.

As for Lisa Marie not being on it. There's two reasons for that. One being that she was pregnant at the time and was unable to record and the second being that she's not a country singer as were all the others. The concept was Elvis singing Christmas duets with top female country singers. Although I have no idea why they selected Ann Murray who I haven't heard from since the early 80's. Is she even still alive?
Even duets have background singers its not such a big deal.
Yes Anne Murray is very much alive-just because she is not at the top of the charts does not mean she is dead. Still a very talented singer which Elvis recognised when he was alive.

Diane
11-16-2008, 02:13 PM
I would have liked to hear Lisa sing Silver Bells with her dad.

Diane

KPM
11-16-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm sure one day Lisa will come around to doing a whole album of duets with her dad.

Elvislives72
11-16-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm sure one day Lisa will come around to doing a whole album of duets with her dad. I can't see that happening as she's repeatedly said she didn't wanna do his songs or duets because of how she'll get seen by the media as living off of his success. If she does do a commercial duet it'll be for the upcoming pop duets album for 09.

KPM
11-16-2008, 02:55 PM
I can't see that happening as she's repeatedly said she didn't wanna do his songs or duets because of how she'll get seen by the media as living off of his success. If she does do a commercial duet it'll be for the upcoming pop duets album for 09.
I did not say it would happen in the near future-but eventually when she feels comfortable I think she will. She is known to change her mind-and thats her right.

franny
11-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Even duets have background singers its not such a big deal.
Yes Anne Murray is very much alive-just because she is not at the top of the charts does not mean she is dead. Still a very talented singer which Elvis recognised when he was alive.

Actually, Anne Murray will be on tv tonight...I didn't see all the details, but it will be a Christmas Special, I believe...

franny

TotallyInsane
11-16-2008, 06:59 PM
I can't see that happening as she's repeatedly said she didn't wanna do his songs or duets because of how she'll get seen by the media as living off of his success. If she does do a commercial duet it'll be for the upcoming pop duets album for 09.

Well, actually she has gone on record during an interview that maybe someday she will but not right now -that was 2 or 3 years ago. Since she's already done 2 songs with him and she seems to finally be in a place where she's happy with herself - I can see her doing it!!

Diane
11-16-2008, 07:05 PM
I hope she does a whole album with her Dad. I'd buy it!

Diane

Elvislives72
11-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Don't count on a full length album of Lisa singing with her Daddy. It ain't gonna happen. We have a better chance of a Michael Jackson doing a duet with Bubbles than we do a whole album fo Lisa/Elvis duets.

TotallyInsane
11-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Don't count on a full length album of Lisa singing with her Daddy. It ain't gonna happen. We have a better chance of a Michael Jackson doing a duet with Bubbles than we do a whole album fo Lisa/Elvis duets.

Ok - whatever. I'm sure you know Lisa better than I do.

Elvislives72
11-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Ok - whatever. I'm sure you know Lisa better than I do.Oh so now you know Lisa Marie? Meeting her doesn't count.:lol:

I'm just saying that she's not gonna stoop to the level of making a joke out of herself or her dad's legacy to do a full album of duets.

KPM
11-16-2008, 07:54 PM
You see thats a matter of opinion-no one knows for sure what someone else may do in the next minute-the next ten years etc..
She may decide as she has in the past to help some cause- and decide how much money can I raise for charity by doing a duets album with my dad-and then its on. Or she may decide I want to do a album of duets-for my own satisfaction, my own personal reasons. No one knows what someone else will do in the future.

Merry
11-16-2008, 08:02 PM
I hope she does a whole album with her Dad. I'd buy it!

Diane

Me too, Diane, I also like Ken again pointing out, as we know, that Lisa has sung songs in the past for Charity!

(y):D

Elvislives72
11-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Me too, Diane, I also like Ken again pointing out, as we know, that Lisa has sung songs in the past for Charity!

(y):D
Exactly, charity. She never allowed the two duets to date, In the Ghetto and Don't Cry Daddy, to be released commercially. If she does ever do a duet anytime soon I would assume it to be for the next duets album only, that is if it still happens.

KPM
11-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Exactly, charity. She never allowed the two duets to date, In the Ghetto and Don't Cry Daddy, to be released commercially. If she does ever do a duet anytime soon I would assume it to be for the next duets album only, that is if it still happens.
They had to be released commercially- someone had to buy them or download them in order to raise the money-she made no profit out of it but profit was made and it went to charity they were released commercially (which means for the purpose of producing a profit) for charity.
Whether the profit is for her-or charity-it still produced a profit.

Elvislives72
11-16-2008, 08:26 PM
They had to be released commercially- someone had to buy them or download them in order to raise the money-she made no profit out of it but profit was made and it went to charity they were released commercially (which means for the purpose of producing a profit) for charity.
Whether the profit is for her-or charity-it still produced a profit.

Something being released commercially and for charity are totally two different causes and do not relate to one another. The duets were never released commercially. The only way you could get In The Ghetto was by purchasing and downloading it through Itunes only for charity causes to go towards helping victims of Katrina in New Orleans.

Why are you always trying to correct everything say or post? I don't see you doing that with others half as much as you do me.:hmm:

KPM
11-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Something being released commercially and for charity are totally two different causes and do not relate to one another. The duets were never released commercially. The only way you could get In The Ghetto was by purchasing and downloading it through Itunes only for charity causes to go towards helping victims of Katrina in New Orleans.

Why are you always trying to correct everything say or post? I don't see you doing that with others half as much as you do me.:hmm:
I was just pointing out that a thing can be released commercially-which means for profit (regardless of whether that profit is for charity or Lisa)-and that the money from ITunes where more and more music is now bought went to charity. Nothing more than that.

hounddog
11-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Merry xmas baby would suit Lisa's voice

MojoElvis
11-17-2008, 01:48 AM
I would have liked to hear Lisa sing Silver Bells with her dad.

Diane

Good choice Diane, I think that song fits her vocal rang well. She comes off deep, I once played her song for my sister and I asked her, who do you think this is, she said, CHER..lol

MojoElvis
11-17-2008, 01:50 AM
Merry xmas baby would suit Lisa's voice

yeah, that's a good one too (y)

Teddy
11-17-2008, 02:15 AM
I can imagine something like Silver Bells turning out nicely but we'll probably never see an album of Elvis and Lisa Christmas duets, since I tend to agree with Lisa that it would look tacky and crudely exploitative.
She has taken care to only do this particular trick when there is some sort of broader artistic concept to it (such as the performance of Don't Cry Daddy) or a poignant charity/anniversary motive (In The Ghetto) rather than just shameless novelty value.

MojoElvis
11-17-2008, 02:29 AM
I can imagine something like Silver Bells turning out nicely but we'll probably never see an album of Elvis and Lisa Christmas duets, since I tend to agree with Lisa that it would look tacky and crudely exploitative.
She has taken care to only do this particular trick when there is some sort of broader artistic concept to it (such as the performance of Don't Cry Daddy) or a poignant charity/anniversary motive (In The Ghetto) rather than just shameless novelty value.

How can it be tacky? I guess you think that when Elvis did his Christmas LPs it was tacky too. Even though Elvis didn't want to record his second Christmas LP, it turned out to have some very awesome songs. I just love his voice on it.
That goes for a lot of other Singers and bands that recorded Christmas songs.

Let's not forget that Lisa has a big family and I'm sure that she sings Christmas songs with them every year.

Teddy
11-17-2008, 02:49 AM
How can it be tacky? I guess you think that when Elvis did his Christmas LPs it was tacky too. Even though Elvis didn't want to record his second Christmas LP, it turned out to have some very awesome songs. I just love his voice on it.
That goes for a lot of other Singers and bands that recorded Christmas songs.

Let's not forget that Lisa has a big family and I'm sure that she sings Christmas songs with them every year.

No way! I love Elvis's Christmas LPs! Elvis is a big part of Christmas in my house! :xmas:
I meant that the concept of marketing a Christmas album of Lisa Marie with her father, who has been dead for many years, would be very, very tacky.
I think this existing Christmas Duets album is questionable enough but to involve Lisa would be taking the emotional exploitation to another level and extremely inappropriate in the context of what is already a transparent 'Christmas Cash-in' to nourish the EPE coffers.
It's like the audio equivalent of a very bad-taste conjuring trick and has no artistic merit whatsoever.
No wonder Lisa is squeamish about these suggestions. Re-issuing Elvis's historic Christmas recordings would be one thing but depicting him singing from beyond the grave with current musical celebrities is like raising the dead for festive entertainment value.

MojoElvis
11-17-2008, 03:33 AM
No way! I love Elvis's Christmas LPs! Elvis is a big part of Christmas in my house! :xmas:
I meant that the concept of marketing a Christmas album of Lisa Marie with her father, who has been dead for many years, would be very, very tacky.
I think this existing Christmas Duets album is questionable enough but to involve Lisa would be taking the emotional exploitation to another level and extremely inappropriate in the context of what is already a transparent 'Christmas Cash-in' to nourish the EPE coffers.
It's like the audio equivalent of a very bad-taste conjuring trick and has no artistic merit whatsoever.
No wonder Lisa is squeamish about these suggestions. Re-issuing Elvis's historic Christmas recordings would be one thing but depicting him singing from beyond the grave with current musical celebrities is like raising the dead for festive entertainment value.

So I guess selling the rights to her fathers image and name, EPE, for $100 million dollars was a classier way to make money than to record a Christmas CD that Elvis fans and her new fans would want to hear.
I"m sorry but if Lisa did a whole CD of Christmas songs with her dad, the man that is the reason why anyone would pay attention to her to begin with, would be nice. All the obvious things she could be doing, she doesn't do.
She constantly hints that she hates Elvis fans and I sometimes fear that she'll pass that attitude on to her kids. It's obviously her mother's influence, I doubt that if she hung out more with Billy Smith she wouldn't roll her and say, "I hate when I look in my audience and see the obvious (rolls her eyes) Presley fan, I rather see the people that sing the words to my songs."

Elvis is the reason she's popular and I bet her fan base is at least 70% Elvis fans supporting the Presley name. Hell, even after Jim Morrison felt he accomplished all he could in music, he said he wanted to record a Christmas LP..lol He's a man I highly respect in accomplishing to Break New Grounds in music and words.

presley31
11-17-2008, 06:58 AM
So I guess selling the rights to her fathers image and name, EPE, for $100 million dollars was a classier way to make money than to record a Christmas CD that Elvis fans and her new fans would want to hear.
I"m sorry but if Lisa did a whole CD of Christmas songs with her dad, the man that is the reason why anyone would pay attention to her to begin with, would be nice. All the obvious things she could be doing, she doesn't do.
She constantly hints that she hates Elvis fans and I sometimes fear that she'll pass that attitude on to her kids. It's obviously her mother's influence, I doubt that if she hung out more with Billy Smith she wouldn't roll her and say, "I hate when I look in my audience and see the obvious (rolls her eyes) Presley fan, I rather see the people that sing the words to my songs."

Elvis is the reason she's popular and I bet her fan base is at least 70% Elvis fans supporting the Presley name. Hell, even after Jim Morrison felt he accomplished all he could in music, he said he wanted to record a Christmas LP..lol He's a man I highly respect in accomplishing to Break New Grounds in music and words.

Lisa is a great peron and not once has she hinted she hates her fathers fans and nor is she anything like her mother and her kids are nothing like Lisa. Have you ever heard riley speak?? she is so shy and not out spoken like her mother so thats alittle unfair putting her down cause you don't agree with her actions regrading her life and she is elvis daughter who doesn't want to to be her father, but her own self and thats what she fought for growing up.

Teddy
11-17-2008, 07:35 AM

But my point was that Elvis has already made these Christmas records! We already have them in the manner he intended- and they're great! Adding current voices to old recordings in order to present the illusion of his resurrection for a commercial venture is not so great and definitely not what he had in mind when he originally recorded them. I don't care if it's Martina McBride, Celine Dion or Lisa Marie herself who's chiming in.

I'm not defending the sale of Lisa's controlling share of EPE- that's another conversation altogether and I wouldn't even dispute that the audience for her music is composed largely of hardcore Elvis fans.
If she gets wound up by their presence, I imagine it is because Elvis fans have been part of her landscape since birth- she wants to rebel against what has become 'the establishment' in her reality. But I don't think Priscilla's genes should to take all the credit for Lisa being a rebel, do you?

utmom2008
11-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Oh so now you know Lisa Marie? Meeting her doesn't count.:lol:

Interesting.:hmm::hmm:
How do you know that she has met Lisa? Or, how many times?:doh:

Merry
11-17-2008, 02:26 PM

With all due respect. I've observed, that anyone who has met Lisa personally, has made a point of saying to others, publicly, that Lisa is misunderstood, that she is warm, and a lovely person.

I like a lot of Lisa's music, because she is talented, the songs are well written, and they have a good beat. She stands out alone, not copying anyone else, but is original. Her songs are thoughtful, and heart wrenching. I wouldn't have these emotions, if she wasn't talented within her own right, other people would feel the same, I'm sure.

I like her personality. She is her own person, which means that she is strong, which she has to be in the business.

I like her gutsy ways, good on her. Someone strong, original, and fun, is someone to respect, lol.

P.S. Can her knockers do better?

utmom2008
11-17-2008, 03:11 PM

"Knockers"?????:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

ehollier
11-17-2008, 03:22 PM

Must be local colloquially, Rosie......:P

Merry
11-17-2008, 03:27 PM

LOL, :D

I love this photo, it shows Lisa's personality, down to a tee; until now, there wasn't an opportunity to use it, hehe.

(Not meant as an offence, but fun). (y)

Merry
11-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Must be local colloquially, Rosie......:P

I think I must have some Southern roots, somehow (oh gosh, here I go again, with the words, lol), as I'm never lost with any of the Southern humour, lol.

ehollier
11-17-2008, 03:32 PM
I think I must have some Southern roots, somehow (oh gosh, here I go again, with the words, lol), as I'm never lost with any of the Southern humour, lol.

:lol::lol::lol: Will the real Elvis please stand up???????? (I can't tell you how much I hate it when no one can figure out which is the real Elvis!!! Don't you???)

presley31
11-17-2008, 04:18 PM
With all due respect. I've observed, that anyone who has met Lisa personally, has made a point of saying to others, publicly, that Lisa is misunderstood, that she is warm, and a lovely person.

I like a lot of Lisa's music, because she is talented, the songs are well written, and they have a good beat. She stands out alone, not copying anyone else, but is original. Her songs are thoughtful, and heart wrenching. I wouldn't have these emotions, if she wasn't talented within her own right, other people would feel the same, I'm sure.

I like her personality. She is her own person, which means that she is strong, which she has to be in the business.

I like her gutsy ways, good on her. Someone strong, original, and fun, is someone to respect, lol.

well said Kimmi. I have nothing but good things from those who had met Lisa and say she is a totel sweetheart. I would love to met Lisa(y)