PDA

View Full Version : Elvis as James Bond

Ronn
11-05-2008, 10:36 PM
I just watched the latest Bond movie, "Quantum of Solace" and I kept imagining Elvis as James Bond. :) During the late 60's when Elvis looked great and was in great shape, I think he would have been a perfect James Bond. What do you think?

kathy parkinson
11-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Well, during the late 60's we had the perfect Bond in Sean Connery, imo

Ronn
11-06-2008, 12:17 AM
I agree that Sean Connery was the perfect James Bond. I was just trying to imagine Elvis as James Bond.

Getlo
11-06-2008, 03:00 AM
No way.

For a start, he wasn't that good an actor.

And he was never rugged enough for the role. Far too "pretty" for it.

Had he played Bond, it would have been the death of the franchise.

Maikcool
11-06-2008, 03:01 AM
Thus far only - Elvis VS James Bond..

check this...

interview with Swiss actor Anatole Taubman, who portrays Elvis, the sinister, bowl cut-wearing:
Q: Your character is named Elvis. Are there any direct references to or in-jokes about Elvis Presley in it?

Anatole Taubman: He doesn't sing. He's got something with his hair. There is something funny going on with his hair that you will find out and hopefully enjoy. So that's all in a way that he has in common with the real Elvis. Both Elvises have a lot of hair. ... My king is Dominic Greene, played by the fabulous, fantastic Mathieu Amalric, so I'm his tapestry. But I'm a very shiny, crazy, multi-faceted, glamorous, colorful tapestry.

source: http://movies.ign.com/articles/874/874700p1.html

I dont like it... They use a good name for the negligible character… :(

What do you think about this?

Ronn
11-06-2008, 03:27 AM
No way.

For a start, he wasn't that good an actor.

And he was never rugged enough for the role. Far too "pretty" for it.

I might have to agree on that one, Getlo. His looks are too "polished" or maybe too much of a pretty boy for the James Bond character. The masculine ruggedness will be missing.:P

presley31
11-06-2008, 06:01 AM
I really can't see elvis as james bond, but he may of been good at that role..never know.

Diane
11-06-2008, 06:30 AM
James Bond was not a good role for Elvis at all.

Sean Connery will forever be James Bond to me.

Diane

BinkyTCB
11-06-2008, 08:10 AM
OMG how rugged was Roger Moore!! He was a puff...lol

BinkyTCB
11-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Personally, I just like the idea of Elvis in a tux, with a martini in one had and babe on the other...lol as far as the acting part well that is another story...lol Besides he wasnt English either.... but I too always thought a role like James Bond would be cool for Elvis. I think his acting could have been MUCH better if he wasnt always singing to a dog in a helicopter.

Diane
11-06-2008, 08:54 AM
To me Roger Moore fit the "Saint" role to a T, but he was never a "James Bond".

Diane

SleepyJack
11-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Here`s a thought!...Elvis in "Bond-Spoof" movie around the time of "Live A Little..."...that could have been a bit of fun!....Hard to see him in a "proper" Bond movie though......and also...I`ll whisper this...I don`t actually like the whole "James bond" thing.....and they thought all Elvis movies were the same!...Ssssh...I better stop there!!!:secret::secret::secret:

Merry
11-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Jack :secret:I agree with you. I'm not a fan of the Bond movies, either, lol.

Diane
11-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Neither am I....:secret::D But I do love Sean Connery in other movies.

Diane

4THEHEART
11-06-2008, 04:39 PM
first of all,I don't think the Bond character is a challenging role or a good referance for an actor and wouldn't care much to see Elvis as Bond.Yes I like to watch them and they're really fun,but don't take these movies too serious that's all..as for Elvis playing the role,well,though I like Connery as an actor, I don't find him too good in fighting scenes,afterall,this is an action movie and Elvis would be great in those movies,better I mean:supriced::)..but saying he was too pretty is the funniest and most ridiculous excuse for not to give him better projects.In his movies they did their best to put an awfull make up on his face as if he needed and tried to make him look unnatural as much as they could..with all these foolish and narrow minds around him and the caricature and surreal roles he was given,how wrong to judge his acting talent..One can see that talent of him on stage and once it's there it's always there.I wouldn't slaughter the golden goose and complain it doesn't lay eggs anymore..Yes Elvis's potential(not just movies) was underestimated and ignored even and he knew that;)..Oh! btw,the right English accent wasn't a problem with Sean Connery,eh?..:) so sad we missed the best looking, best fighting,best kissing Bond ever..:P:)

Ronn
11-06-2008, 06:31 PM
as far as the acting part well that is another story...lol Besides he wasnt English either.... but I too always thought a role like James Bond would be cool for Elvis. I think his acting could have been MUCH better if he wasnt always singing to a dog in a helicopter.

I don't think you need to be English to play the part effectively. Actors do know how to put on the needed accent and I think Elvis could have worked on that. Besides, in the latest Bond movie Craig barely spoke:lol:

shelley.m.
11-06-2008, 08:35 PM
I really can't see Elvis playing the part of James Bond.Not that Elvis couldn't play the part,it's just that the fans were use to seeing and hearing Elvis sing up on the silver screen.

Fair Dinkum
11-07-2008, 08:55 PM
May be not playing 007,but a part in the film or singing the title song for one of the movies,just as the likes of Tom Jones,Mat Monro,Shirly Bassey etc.
It's Rodger Moore as Bond James Bond for me.
Cheers

presley31
11-08-2008, 05:58 AM
Maybe elvis would of been able to pull off james bond, but like shelly said we are used to seeing him singing. It would be neat to see elvis in a serious role.